Will we ever get a GTA game that has a realistic landmass or is it tiny nonsensical islands forever

Will we ever get a GTA game that has a realistic landmass or is it tiny nonsensical islands forever

Attached: 122326.jpg (3888x2592, 999.46K)

What do they eat?

fish and tourists

Maybe when they jump to the 4k universe

What do you eat you fat fucking cow?

Hot pockets

When they do a metaverse-like gta online with NFT landmass.

Everyone forgets liberty city was connected to the mainland in 3.

bags of sand

well if its a landmass then people will bitch theres an invisible wall at the edge

You might not get a GTA game in the next 5 years if GTAO doesn't fucking die

Hey, the new Tropico is looking good.

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2.
The problem is how do you do a big open world on a landmass like that without using invisible walls?
In RDR you just make slopes steep enough you can't climb up them because there aren't cars, helicopters, and airplanes.

gee i dunno i wonder what a society surrounded by FUCKING OCEAN would eat

Yeah, although that only works as long as flying isn't an intended mechanic. Ultimately it just feels better if you can go wherever you want, instead of running into a border suddenly. And you never really see both coasts at the same time in GTA V anyway, if you go high enough the clouds just cover it

Randomly generate themed empty natural terrain (e.g. forest, desert, fields etc) but never let the player actually get far by culling it behind them, like how you can fly for an hour in any direction in San Andreas, but getting back always takes 2 minutes.

>surrounded by mountains

Holy shit I'd fucking lose my mind living in that. Can't even take a walk in the woods.

i don't care about this shit, i care if it's going to be pozzed, sanitized garbage

Imported beef?

jannies aren't fucking allowed to post

Gott strafe cityfags

>live on an island
>have no beaches
lmao
lol

Armored Fist, Comanche Gold, and F22 Raptor from Novalogic did this really well.
I once spent a whole lunch period in school trying to find the border of the map autistically entertained by the endless terrain even though it was featureless beyond topography

Human flesh

I wonder what they do for power

left side

that's only the uber rich ones

user...

Attached: image_2022-06-08_224717534.png (467x273, 177.59K)

Furthermore the landscape also helps mitigate it. If you're driving on the west side, you'll have a coast and beaches and stuff, but if you drive on the east side, the sea will be blocked by hills so it doesn't really feel like you're driving along a coast in the same way. But then you can still use that side for gameplay stuff as well, because you don't have to worry about players running into the border of the map

This is beyond any regular city though. At least you can drive out somewhere. Over here your only out is a boat.

>tiny ass overpopulated island
>less than 20% of people own a boat
>no airport
looks like a nightmare

>Can't even take a walk in the woods.
You could go fishing. Or just sail around.
That shit is pretty chill, and sailing isn't hard as long as you're not talking about some first rate ship of the line in admiral nelson's navy.