It’s a pun on velocity

It isn’t HydroCity Zone. It’s Hydrocity. Like velocity. Because Sonic is fast.

Attached: 4B50BB4E-E938-4DE3-A730-DC1A1F8E7D51.jpg (268x188, 25.33K)

No, it's Hydro City. It's a literal city made of hydro.

do not respond to iphone filename threads, thanks

>ad hominem
Stay mad. It's hydrocity and no amount of desperate mental gymnastics can change this fact.

This was the only vidya thread on page 1 when I opened the board.

Hope you didn't bother saging because I'm about to piss all over your spite.

It would be a stretch to call this a city. More like a ruins or one very large building. You’re simply wrong.

Attached: 8EF7A1FA-D1FF-4945-A1D8-F340C91D9AE4.jpg (500x500, 88.76K)

it's also one word. no space, not even a hyphen. If you don't pronounce it this way you are grammatically retarded

>literal city made of hydro.
>city made of water
>city
Dumbass, I...

Attached: file.png (1680x1050, 91.76K)

But user, sonic is primarily played on phones now.

I don’t see a city. Maybe a temple or some ruins or something. That’s one single large building that encompasses the background. If it were a city, there would be many buildings, probably some skyscrapers.

It's written Hydrocity, not Hydro City.

>It would be a stretch to call this a star. You're simply wrong.

Attached: Starlight12.png (320x224, 5.85K)

But there is clearly starlight in the background. There is no city in the background of either act of Hydrocity.

Generations’ music gallery spells it “Hydro City Zone”.
>but it’s not a city
It’s an ancient city, not a modern one.

If there were buildings comparable to those, however, I would be more sympathetic to claims that it was “Hydro City”.

Attached: 07AC65FF-7E00-4436-8301-4088E443FD27.jpg (259x438, 72.61K)

I'll settle this once and for all: Japanese devs were not fluent in English enough to recognize the word play of "hydrocity= velocity." They knew the word "hydro," and they knew the word "city."

>Pretty sneaky, sis. But there’s only one person I know who calls this zone Hydrocity.

Attached: Tighten.png (700x699, 576.91K)

There's giant architecture in the background of Hydrocity. It looks like it could be a giant half underwater abandoned roman city. There's a reason bricks make up the foreground. The zone name means there's a lot of water especially in an artificial place, thus "hydro" and "city." Like if there's a lot of doors somewhere it could figuratively be called a city of doors. There are other weird figurative names for zones like spring yard, which isn't made up of springs and isn't really a yard, and scrap brain.

Hydro City simply does not sound as cool as
Hydrocity however i dont can't think of any other stages being puns, infact they are almost always literl descriptions of the scenery. Green Hill Zone, Lava Reef Zone, Marble Zone, Ice Cap Zone ect. so i belive hydro-city was the intended name but gut im still calling it hydrocity and i dont give a fuck

Attached: 1606581105656.png (500x500, 91.08K)

But you can clearly see the city in the background, its just the light from the buildings.

ITS A WATER CITY.
HYDRO
CITY

>It isn’t HydroCity Zone. It’s Hydrocity. Like velocity
It's an under water city.
It also follows the naming scheme of the other stages, Angel Island, Marble Garden, Carnival Night, Ice Cap, Launch Base

None of the other stages are puns. They're all just 2 word descriptions of the surroundings. Why would this one be diffrent? Just cause someone forgot to hit space?

explain further

kek nice reference

It's ハイドロシティ

>Ice Cap
IceCap*
ftfy.

Hay-Drow-Shee-Tee

>Hydrocity
>Metrocity
>Gothamcity
>Emeraldcity
>Cloudcity