Morrowind released 6 years after daggerfall

>morrowind released 6 years after daggerfall
>oblivion 4 years after morrowind
>skyrim 5 years after oblivion

>skyrim was released 11 years ago

man
why do games take so god damned long nowadays?
i swear to god they better let us know which province it will take place in during be3
and if this shit takes place in hammerfell i will be mad as hell.

Attached: 0A71497AE12B1D25C975F81DAAD9A97CC6C3B25A.jpg (1024x768, 356.34K)

Features in triple A games are more complex nowadays.

It won’t be revealed for a few more years and it’s all but confirmed to be in hammerfell

The focus is on starfield right now, any minor ES6 reveals would overshadow it completely

I wouldn’t expect a first look at the game any earlier than 2025

unironically because muh graphics
"realistic" graphics are much more complex to make than it used to be and that's a big part of what sells

>it’s all but confirmed to be in hammerfell
says who?
the only information was a small teaser flying over a grassy field if i remember correctly

nothing indicates hammerfell

Every main graphic improvement makes visuals about twice as time consuming to make, which is the bulk of a game anyways from a time taking standpoint

TES schizos have had 11 years to speculate and all signs point to hammerfell, there were hints in Skyrim iirc, and Bethesda made a tweet awhile back heavily hinting at it

Attached: BC3CE629-B38E-46B6-9C47-622447DC3365.jpg (703x436, 64.87K)

Starfield is already overshadowed because its a new IP that got delayed and nothing about the “content” shown has anyone interested. Todd could say ES6 is centered around “XYZ” and it woulld immediately get more traction than Starfield. Its doomed for reasons outside its control.

But due to a lot more available workforce, long-standing know-how especially with in-house engines and PCs/consoles getting ever more powerful, game development is easier than it ever has been.

They're having troubles going to le niggerland without "appropriating culture", gotta pay off the niggers first

They cashed in on Lord of the Rings popularity with Oblivion.
They cashed in (anticipated, really) on both Viking popularity and Game of Thrones popularity with Skyrim.
Now they will cash in on Wakanda and BLM with Hammerfell.

They didn't even bother to finish Skyrim either
11 years on and it's still a mess, meanwhile you suck Bethesda's cock waiting for the next one

it's graphics and audio fags. not everything needs to run at 4k 60fps with bluetooth surround sound. May as well be AAAA, contrasted with AAA games of ten years ago

>They cashed in on Lord of the Rings popularity with Oblivion.
>They cashed in (anticipated, really) on both Viking popularity and Game of Thrones popularity with Skyrim.
This is what schizophrenia looks like, take notes

why make a new game when you can resell the old one 30 times?

Attached: 1615819264818.png (480x720, 348.03K)

i havent followed any twitter or schizo shit but that image is just using recursive thinking
it could very well be any coast of tamriel, which would have a bay, and mountains
that seems silly because not all things are connected like that

if they really wanted to o some race-relations thing, which is what youre implying, then it would be more fitting to have it be about argonians in black marsh

that being said, almost all of the games have ostensibly been about the post-dwemer world
all lore hints at the battles of the past and the disappearance of the dwarves, even if just using it as a means to have underground dungeons.

in terms of a cohesive elder scrolls narrative it would be odd to jump to elven provinces, even though i would love a valenwood game
it seems it could be hammerfell based on that because of dwemer (i think, my memory is fuzzy) that moved to hammerfell to create a new land for themselves to live in, were also dwemer that disappeared along with all other dwarves
i get confused on the details though, morrowind i know best and it tells of the battle between the three gods and the dwemer at red mountain which ended the dwemer
its obviously pretty big in skyrim too, with hints about the dwemer and their enslavement of falmer before disappearing.

i forget the details but the point is that hammerfell is related to that overarcing story. i imagine they want to keep the elven provinces somewhat mythical

Attached: b72.jpg (600x378, 28.4K)

We need a drugged up kirkbride back to bring his we wuz colonisers n shiet black samurai to life

Attached: DBBBF4CD-8214-47E1-9D60-A9DEE988EE30.jpg (843x1024, 154.4K)

They changed Cyrodiil from jungle Rome to ye olde medieval fantasy land with Mordor Oblivion because of Lord of the Ring's popularity.
Skyrim may have just been luck.

they hired women and and AAA companies giving a shit too much about graphics

>Hammerfell
If it's in the mountains, it's going to be Orsinium. Orsinium is currently located somewhere in the mountains of Hammerfell AND High Rock. If it was actually Hammerfell, they'd just show the actual desert I think.

Black Marsh would be kino but sadly Bethesda is too stupid to ever do a non-human providence again

Orsinium is tiny bro. If it’s in hammerfell it could likely include orsinium but they’re not gonna set the whole game in a mini orc ethno state, that’s like all of Skyrim being set in whiterun

>and if this shit takes place in hammerfell i will be mad as hell.
Why's that? There's more interesting zones, but what about Hammerfell would make you actively angry?

This. Mods have also gotten more lackluster because of this.

Don't forget they also made "Another settlement needs your help"
What if it was about turning Orsinium into a superpower?

i think pragmatically it was a good idea. jungles would've been extremely difficult to pull off well at that time with Bethesdas engine. fantasy forestry shit was fairly simple in the other hand. what sucks though honestly isn't that they changed it but they did cyrodil so early in the elderscrolls series considering it had the capitol city. Imagine for a second Lyendell or something similar being the main hub for the imperial city. Not exactly the same but similar in scope and size.
We should've had another region in Oblivion, but then it probably wouldnt have been as successful.

Attached: CtrlCtrlV.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

>2025
it's essentially a new franchise at this point. it's been so fucking long they need to convince me to be enthused.

Attached: 1653771293921 1637418365003.gif (300x300, 3.6M)

They busy with elder scrolls online, not ready to put the last nail on the coffin

Is Daggerfall good?
Can you just larp as a merchant or a hobo or something? Or is it just a "do the quests" game?
Interested because people say its huge.

Early elder scrolls was more based on DnD. It's all about class and character building, you can be a thief, you can be a sorcerer, assassin, but most quests are simple. procedural generated world, they just saved a seed and made the game around it with the main story

It’s an interesting idea but it’s not gonna happen. It’s not in line with anything Bethesda would ever do

We know they’re not gonna do any region too crazy or ambitious, anything that would both alienate normies and piss off lorebeards for not getting it right, so that rules out Elsweyr, Valenwood, Black Marsh, and the Summerset Isles, or anything beyond Tamriel

That only leaves Hammerfell and High Rock, personally I’m hoping it will be both. Based off the climate in the trailer and all the schizo evidence it’s looking like it will be hammerfell, but having 2 provinces in the game would be dope, the weird exotic desert cultures of hammerfell would contrast the more generic but still interesting game of thrones like medieval political intrigue of high rock. Could definitely be kino even though any of the stranger provinces would be cooler

Personally I would love to see Elsweyr and Valenwood, but I know they would fuck up everything that makes them interesting, like Bosmers ritual cannibalism and the way the lore portrays their males as ugly manlets and their females as more typical beautiful fantasy elves

Attached: 492BD78E-F8C6-4924-AE8E-378E9FA4F070.jpg (506x605, 42.42K)