ITT: shit you never questioned as a kid, but doesn't make any goddamn sense in hindsight

i'll start
if the plot twist is that you're the real dracula and this fucker is just some regular-ass dude with no powers, then why does he turn into some satan-monster halfway through the fight?

Attached: tumblr_l93jtk9lf11qbuhrdo1_640.jpg (500x866, 51.22K)

Is it ever stated he doesn't have powers? Dimitri and Dario were said to have the potential for being the new dark lords because they were also born at the time of Dracula's death and had powers.

dario had the pyrokinesis shit because he was possessed by aguni, but yeah i don't remember there being any additional explanation for dimitri having a watered-down version of Soma's ability.
you're probably right

Why don't the villains start with their most powerful minions first? Why let the hero slowly crumble your ranks?

Attached: 1569598145446.jpg (1920x1080, 605.33K)

>no powers
>floats, teleports, and shoots fireballs
he has powers
the real question is why does Soma have powers

>the villain is sending you his shitty minions first because he really just wants to power you up and turn you into his vessel
kino

the holocaust

>why does Soma have powers
Isn't it obvious? Cus he's horny for Mina.

Didn't really work out so well for Xehanort in the end did it

Actually I believe Dario was only bonded to Aguni later in the game. It's mentioned in the Silenced Ruins where you meet Julius who got his ass beat by Dario (which is silly because you can just as easily beat him later and get the bad ending) because he bonded to Aguni recently and Julius can't/doesn't use Magic Seals.

Him and Dimitri really did just gain powers because they were born at Dracula's death. Presumably Graham as well. I'd assume that Soma is the true reincarnation of Dracula but these other candidates inherited a part of Dracula's power and can become of the Dark Lord through some unmentioned method although I think Celia said it involved killing Soma.

Attached: Smug.png (666x654, 172.14K)

damn you explained all that way better than the games did. good job user

Nomura unconsciously or purposely copied Igarashi when he took charge of leading Castlevania.

>I intend my final creation to have the choice to do what he wants, and hopefully to usher in an age where there is no more robotic war
>oh, and before I forget let me throw a bunch of power battle armor all over the globe that only he can wear
Thomas Light, everyone.

Attached: X.png (1200x1374, 453.7K)

almost as if he wanted to prepare his creation for war as a failsafe? no offense user but that makes a lot of sense to me

I doubt it was ever possible for them to inherit the power considering how in the true ending Dimitri basically does accomplish that but can't control it and it turns into Menace.

Attached: SOMA_MORBING.jpg (550x750, 63.7K)

But at least 8 times over, and some of those with multiple armors set aside? Light wasn't really giving him a choice no matter what he says.

>the villain sent a henchman to rescue you and then left you to fend for yourself so you may reach him at your own merits

I think your doubt might be correct. Even if Celia's original plan went through, Dario or Dmitrii still wouldn't have a soul strong enough to contain Dracula's power.

Hubris. Do you launch a rocket at an ant's nest? The real answer though is that it makes for a lengthy experience where you're able to progress through multiple bosses and areas rather than facing off the big bad immediately and beat the game.

When did they say he was a regular ass dude? There's plenty of humans in Castlevania who know magic.

I really like how later X just goes "no fuck this I'm out" and just quit giving a fuck about the world to finally retire. Even fucking then he have to act like a ghost and help the new protag anyway meaning he truly can never escape conflict may it be a warrior or a mentor for the next warrior.

Considering how even in Aria, the castle's intention was to take control of Soma, were he to die in Dawn, Dimitri and Dario most likely would have died anyway and the Castle would just wait for a new lord. Alucard pretty much outright says it's still waiting for a true reincarnation in the true ending.