What did the 2000s-2006s felt like? Was it much better than now?

What did the 2000s-2006s felt like? Was it much better than now?

Attached: 867F42A2-8CC7-4160-A427-5BECDF44D233.gif (600x600, 3.05M)

relative. I miss planning on AIM with some gameFAQs bros to play Garou, '98 or Alpha 3 over p2p MAME. Those nights in high school remind me of your pic. But, like most things, its much easier and less special to do nowadays and so I no longer care. So like that.

Bush was president so it sucked

Yes. We had cool tech but it hasn't reached distopic levels yet. Social media fucked everything up, we should have stopped at online forums and instant messaging
YWNBAW

>No lgbt
>No race baiting
>No white man bad
>No international pandemic
>No hollywood movie games
>No bland open world games
>No rushed 5 hour tech demos or unfinished games
>No microtransactions, phone games or live services
>Coming over your bros house for a sleepover and playing Final Fantasy, Dino Crisis, Mario Party, KH2, Halo, KOTOR, Jak and Daxter and Wu Tang taste the pain

It was heaven

Attached: Passing-Love-2-By-Meesh-pk-34.jpg (938x1325, 280.19K)

Yes. It wasn't perfect but it was heaven compared to now. Really, anything past the 2007-2008 financial crash has been a complete dumpster fire.

>someone attacked my daddy warcriminal prez?
>I know, ill call him a tranny! that worked the last 6 million times i did that on this site......

Had its ups and downs. People were still just as dismissive and mad about fucking everything, that's never changed. Also if you were unlucky enough for dial-up, enjoy waiting 30 seconds for a jpeg.
But conversations were fun, people were willing to talk since there weren't that many distractions, weird corners of the internet were still around since everyone hadn't been funneled into the same few social media sites. Some nice perks.

Had its problems but nicer than now.

I think it was better but I can' tell if it's just nostalgia or not.

You were a kid. Everything was better. Life wasn't exhausting, you had unlimited energy, and shit as simple as chopping a tree for an hour in a video game was fun. You had friends that would never leave you and a life that was small enough to be comprehensible.

snake was the only phone game we ever needed ;_;

You need to be 18 to post here.

Imagine being this mad about a president from 15 years ago (or any at all)

Both. It's partially nostalgia but things also were genuinely better.

He's right. Faggots we're still mostly in the closet. Racism was reserved for old people. Nobody talked about politics because it was still seen as a rude conversation. Bullying kept all thr freaks in line.
Times were truly better back then.

there has been a significant decline in the quality of games, films and literature over the last two decades
vidya unfortunately reached Hollywood levels of commercialization right as the tech got to a really great place
95-05 were the golden years, we'll never get back to that perfect storm of a somewhat niche hobby combined with modest budgets and small teams allowing for risky and unique games (and more frequent releases) from passionate, talented devs that weren't entirely fixated on pushing political agendas

Attached: comp.jpg (4694x9827, 4M)

Bush was a great president. Only Trump was able to trigger leftists harder.

Games were more imaginative and diverse back then. Everything felt like it was developed with TLC, not sure what happened at 2007 where everything went downhill.

Attached: 799B5065-C240-4021-899F-3B9E2E75BF2E.jpg (1574x1927, 987.82K)

Corps hadn't fully wrapped their head around the attention economy and full ad insemination in every orifice. There was still an element of real human connection online without the overarching idea of social clout. Well, unless you were on one of those forums where members had ranks...so....all of them.

>mad about fucking everything, that's never changed
They didn't had the chance to form bubbles and be loud. For sure trannies and furrys already existed but they existed as individuals and not communities

>Conversations were fun
its more that we're still having the same conversations. Flood of Pepe, Wojack, trannyspam, bbc posting aside (has always existed in some form) we are literally still jerking off the same media from 30 years ago now, still complaining about misuse of the same IPs, still somehow talking about CRT v LCD v. HD. The people having these conversations are also the same, just older, more bitter, more abrasive.

Attached: e3.jpg (1600x1043, 485.34K)

yeah politics stunt personal growth. so much shit in this world to talk about.

t'was already getting shittier.... 80s to late 90s was peak gaming. 2000's and 3 brought the decline and 2010's brought the cringe.
2020: lol, this timeline shouldn't even exist.

Attached: gelsomina_vs_kaiser.png (640x461, 491.1K)

the internet ruined games imo

Sometimes I wish I could go back to pre-2010, even though I fucking hated public school and not having a life and never having fucked a girl before, just because everything else was so much less shit. So yes.

maybe you are. im not. im busy building and ai with friends so we never die. dont be one of those people friend.

well said

It was jankfest, all games felt different from another but none was really all that polished with the exception of the big AAA, that while releasing more frequently it wouldn't be the main the standard.
Any basic genre would still have some shining new features while missing some other basic shit, that is where most of the jank came from making most games really be their own little worlds.
Now most games follow a set of standard features so outside of the new gimmick of that game you still feel very much like it's another extension of a game you already played.

Financial crash. It pretty bankrupted the entire world and we've been on a zombie economy ever since.

morons like you ruined the internet, not vice versa.
the internet was always good, but it was not meant to pupulated by mouth breathing amoebas like tim poole and his gaychan.

fucking 4shit ruined it all by attracting all the cancer of the mongospehere, and now you complain.

me not giving 2 fucks.

Attached: pac-man_by_krispykarasz_55ff95b.png (491x507, 68.06K)

FUCKING THIS
the internet has changed our culture for bad
it also destroys diversity, contrary to what Twitter keyboard warriors think

I dunno, I only ever played RCT and Civ during that time

>No lgbt
There was always LGBT nonsense, it just wasn't as super extreme as it is today.
>No race baiting
>No white man bad
Lol. Lmao.

>It was jankfest, all games felt different from another but none was really all that polished with the exception of the big AAA, that while releasing more frequently it wouldn't be the main the standard.
You say this like it's a bad thing.

yep, truth hurts. kys.
/thread

>me not giving 2 fucks.
doesn't seem like it

to carry on, I could try to list everything wrong with modern games but there are so many issues I doubt I could fit it into the 2k word limit
but put simply, most if not all of the problems with the industry right now go back to one simple thing: money
>want a HUD that doesn't look like every other game? costs more money, not worth it
>want stylized visuals that don't look like every other realistic game? costs more money, might scare off normies (lose money)
>want a game that doesn't handhold the player? losing money by not appealing to everybody on the planet, won't recoup dev cost
>want a niche game or novel game idea? won't make as much money as generic AAA open-world third-person cinematic action adventure tripe
somebody once summed it up like this: publishers CAN make games like in the golden age of 95-05, and they CAN make money out of it, but the problem is that they don't want to make SOME money, they want to make ALL of the money, and so games become products and nothing more

Attached: 1641778909644.png (1740x1366, 2.29M)

>tfw grew up with the budding "social" internet of the 90s
>loved it because it gave me some sense of community in my hobbies when school gave me 0
>le counter culture shit gave us some place to go to argue or connect in fields that you couldn't really find people to talk about with irl
>people making weird shit that didn't even make sense compared to the last weird shit that was made but it was new and fun so you got involved
>2022
>hope with every fiber of my being that the internet dies as quickly as possible
Shit turn of events imho

Attached: 1632838329818.png (640x724, 491.71K)

Attached: 1654728128395.jpg (1280x800, 590.98K)

>There was always LGBT nonsense
Yeah but back then it was "don't beat fags and let us marry", now it's "let your kid transition and be groomed or fag state will take them from you"

Videogames were hype as fuck with HD and motion controls! Fashion was meh, music was ok.

Attached: modern UI.jpg (4710x2570, 3.54M)

this. threads over boys someone spam moon over june or something.

stop reading shit from people you don't want to be reading shit from

Any Forums existed for over a decade before it became the hivemind you know today. I think moof was out like halfway through its transition out of being the one place you could to find people expression opinions you can't find very easily on reddit. Nigga dipped when it became unrecoverable.

Internet horizontality was a mistake, cause everyone thinks their option actually matters, while most of the comments you might find on the internet in any language are biased options without actual knowledge of the subject. Also, internet stopped being free (as in freedom) long ago, I might talk with someone about changing my shower and the next time I open this shit, they will try to throw shower products down my throat. It's artificial as fuck

>We have always been at war with Eurasia
Nah, anti white shit exploded post 2013 and its statistically provable

Attached: 1588823102043.jpg (515x569, 79.24K)

In what sense? Rumors and secrets were magical back in the day, but it's not only about the internet but algo about age. On the other hand, online gaming experience was kino a few years back, although not so much now