Only 2 weeks or so until people finally admit Sonic CD isnt good

Only 2 weeks or so until people finally admit Sonic CD isnt good

Attached: sonic origins.jpg (2560x1440, 343.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tiermaker.com/create/sonic-classic-levels-tierlist-186556
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's stopped them from admitting so for the 11 years the Taxman port has been on Steam?

is this collection worth it if you've never played these games

It's the weakest of the classic sonic games.

The 90s PC port, Gems Collection and the Taxman port didn't change their minds?

No, because even though it exclusively has Taxman's 3 and Knuckles, they made the pants-on-head retarded decision to lock the widescreen mode to a modified version of the games where lives are removed.

>Sega will never make Sonic CD a Knuckles game and remove the stupid run up to time travel shit even though this would fix virtually everything wrong with it

Attached: 1654628726843.jpg (700x785, 54.07K)

If you're the kind of person to go into mini console threads to talk about how great your Raspberry Pi is, no.

Well shit, I guess I'll just download A.I.R. then.

Sonic CD is an interesting experiment, but the level design and bosses are WTF-tier. If we're judging it by the time of release, it's still better and more interesting than most games.

I mean its not bad, I'm not going to complain about them including it in this.

>Only 2 weeks until people admit that Sandopolis Zone ruins the entire game

Attached: 1628483709033.png (600x600, 546.46K)

It's the worst & Knuckles level, but better than Carnival Night, Hydrocity, and Marble Garden.

Yeah, it's a bad game in comparison to other Sonic platformers on the Genesis, but it's still a masterpiece compared to any licensed game from the time that sold on its name alone, or whatever speccy games yuros were playing at the time.

One of the best soundtracks in the series

>Sonic CD isnt good
You're right. It's great.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2022.06.08 - 14.37.15.53.png (1360x768, 178.05K)

>Sonic 2 and 3 were developed by Americans of STI
Japan can't into Sonic apparently

Is it really a fair comparison considering CD has CD quality audio?
The past tracks get pretty farty.

Didn't Sonic 2 have a half japanese/half american team and Sonic 3 was made by japanese employees in America?

>lame restored mod
yawn

There's still parts of SEGA of Japan salty CD performed worse than 2 so they'll never address its shortcomings, it'd be admitting defeat.

They didnt even let Taxman add a real final boss for collecting every time stone cause hes american

And that's why Mania 2 will never happen.

If there's a better one, I'm all ears

Sonic 3 is all killer no filler.

& Knuckles has Mushroom Hill and Sandopolis which are just okay.

Attached: try again.jpg (640x680, 19.84K)

i’m going to buy it day one and it’s not worth it at all. sonic 2 and 3 and knuckles are amazing classic games and arguably the best of the 16 bit era. but they’re knocking on 30 years old and not worth 40 dollars

Hydrocity is the best water level in the sonic series

wait for cd extended

>Sandopolis better than Hydrocity

I think it's dumb that it wasn't an option, but I also don't really get the argument for lives anymore. Lives are a remnant of the era where machines would try to gouge you for all of your quarters. I can think of no practical reason for lives to exist anymore when the most purpose they serve is sending you back to the title screen when you lose them all, which isn't going to do anything other than minorly inconvenience someone who is otherwise just going to jump right back into the game.

Attached: 1531432431319.jpg (464x464, 61.57K)

>that part with the slides I get stuck on and don’t know where to go every fucking time

I'll say it now: Sonic CD wasn't good.

Can't find any info about it online, that's the one that puts Mighty and Ray in, right? The name makes me nervous - it's not trying to add in R2 or Final Fever, is it?

Sonic 3 is shit. Too many of the levels are just linear slogs, and they find ways to shoehorn water into levels that don't even need it. The only game worse than it of the Genesis bunch is Sonic CD.

SEGA of japan literally intentionally screwed the 32x and sabotaged the saturn in the US out of spite. They are petty as fuck

Yes. Mania saved that zone.

As far as I remember, the US staff did special stages, the 3D graphic objects, and Oil Ocean Zone in Sonic 2, and everything else was the Japanese side. No idea for Sonic 3.

i heard they will add those but as side content, though non fucked soundtracks and mighty and ray are all im asking for

Did anyone notice that Knuckles' story still starts in Mushroom Hill like in the original instead of in Angel Island like in Stealth's proof of concept from 2014? Didn't he work on this himself? Why go backwards on this improvement that makes more sense?

Attached: Knuckles Story.jpg (638x800, 286.68K)

>he doesn't know about tidal tempest

Attached: 16cca8cd1c6d99520cd3d4f95f753ee6--martin-s-i-love.jpg (479x555, 38.02K)

Restored fucks up the soundtracks, but & Knuckles fixes that
I'll keep an eye out for Extended regardless, thanks user

Its mostly cause sonic rewards you with rings, extra lives, powerups and special stages for exploring thoroughly. Encore mode in mania is probably more fun for that reason that your lives are your characters.

Best classic sonic games
>2
>chaos
>1
>3
>spinball
>3D blast
>CD
>sonic&knuckles
>gamegear Sonic 1
>Sonic R
>gamegear Sonic 2
>Sonic the fighters

Having no actual punishment ruins all tension and immersion.

I'm 36. I've been a Sonic fan since I played the first one on a demo kiosk at Target.
I wouldn't say that Sonic CD is bad per say, but I find it highly overrated. I think a lot of the appeal of it comes from people not having access to it as kids.

Sega probably shot it down like they did for Taxman's pitches of a new final boss and Desert Dazzle in CD.

>Immersion
>In Sonic the Fucking hedgehog

The more i replay CD the more my love for it grows
I now think its better than all the other 2d sonics

That's one thing I like about Encore Mode. Even though it removes lives, there's still tension because you lose a character if you die. But zoomers don't want any tension in their games whatsoever.

Yes, otherwise you're just going to hold right like a moron and complain that the game sucks like all of the other morons.

tiermaker.com/create/sonic-classic-levels-tierlist-186556

Post 'em
And yes I know I'm a sick fuck for a few of these

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 21-05-25 Create a Sonic Classic Levels TierList Tier List.png (1132x650, 762.05K)

He did, but they were still under commission by Sega.

Why would they shoot down such a minor improvement? This is another thing that will make Origins slightly inferior to 3 Complete and AIR. I swear, if they still have Big Arms removed from the combined 3 and Knuckles, I'm going to fucking kill someone.

Attached: 1470695803902.png (373x472, 12.56K)

it will be with drop dash

Theres gonna be a Big Arms mission mode/boss rush fight cause the game has boss rush

Also knuckles still fights big arm anyway not sonic

Only until the end of this post before someone points out OP is a fag again.

realism =/= immersion

Sonic is good dealing the heavy abstract atmosphere.

Attached: Special_Stage-7-Sonic-CD.png (250x219, 68.47K)

There's still no reason to just cut out a boss from Sonic's playthrough. One of the best bosses in fact. Even as a kid, I always hated it.