Dragon Quest

Why do Japs LOVE this franchise, the soundtrack is ear rape and the worst music I have personally heard in any video game.

It even has turn based battle, the worst type of video game battle for 99.99% of games.
Seriously, what am I supposed to enjoy here?

Attached: Dragon_Quest_11__0000_Layer_8.jpg (1400x788, 208.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyiyM7J2-jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SzpPvwol7DA
youtube.com/watch?v=qtTMAwagkeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=STahp4WPCKE
youtube.com/watch?v=mICvYHdf8Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=FDDLMDA2Cec
youtube.com/watch?v=qTjOJ2S-t-0
youtube.com/watch?v=oEzloARI6wk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>it's bad because I don't like it

You don't have to like it. Just accept that you got filtered

the majority of DQ fans nowadays are senile Japs that can't even eat solid food, to them a new DQ game is just a nostalgic treat or like getting a visit from their grandkids once every few years

Attached: 15334212050294.jpg (542x543, 38.17K)

>what am I supposed to enjoy here?
nothing, go back to fork knife with the rest of your braindead zoomer friends

Not op but I did not like DQ 11, I gave it a shot and I love JRPG's overall (my last two where yakuza 7 and Octopath) but DQ felt really really bland

DQ 5, 8, and 11 are unironically peak JRPGs and are on par with any FF or SMT game for me, you were filtered
t.21 year old zoomer

Sounds about right, honestly

Attached: 1654715623756.png (483x501, 83.31K)

DQ 3 is better than all the Dragon Quest games you just stated

>It even has turn based battle, the worst type of video game battle for 99.99% of games.
how to completely invalidate your post in one sentence.

People only like DQ games because they feel like they are supposed to.

>not op but its bad because I dont like it

You will never be Japanese

I disagree but respect your opinion, 3 was great it's just not my favorite out of the franchise

Not saying its bad I just did not like it, and it honestly feels bland. Your welcome to point out where I'm wrong?

III,V,&VI are peak jrpg kino. VIII/XIbabies need not apply

Attached: 1643339117823.gif (416x416, 262.32K)

It's one of the very few JRPG games I can actually stomach. Mind you I grew up on Dragon Quest. Also not Japanese by dad just got a bunch of GBC DQ carts when I was a kid on a good deal and I fell in love with the series since.
It's just good adventuring fun.

I haven't played 11, but 4, 5 and 8 and the music varied from pretty to kino

I played VI on the DS as a kid, it's probably one of the most underrated DQ games of all time

Attached: CtrlCtrlV.png (1214x933, 1.33M)

Then go back to your shooters, gacha or button mashers if you have auch a short attention span

It's the FIFA of Japan, they cannot help themselves.

Attached: 1616632709987.png (705x1080, 333.35K)

If those games are so great then why can’t I play them on a modern console? Huh?

Related:
>dq3 2.5 remake does well
>they decide to remake 5

Pic related

Attached: EE4722E2-C293-44C4-8552-2E19EDEF13D9.gif (480x360, 3.84M)

Just downloaded the demo for this one and I kinda agree about the music being meh at best. I like turn based though, it's why I downloaded it, I'm in the mood for a new jrpg Toriyama's artstyle is kinda filtering me though.

the music is absolutely repetitive but the rest of the game being good makes up for it

people massively overrate DQXI. Plenty of other DQs have way more exploration than XI and XI doesn't even have a proper class system and most of the OST is cribbed from past games.
VI's only issue was the boring characters. But yeah I'd take VI's exploration above the railroaded nature of XI or VIII any day. Also class system.

I'm hoping DQXII will be somewhat deeper on the gameplay side of things. DQXI had decent characters but that's it. Give me a proper class system and exploration. Hide major key items off the beaten path. And yeah, they could improve the battle system. They can keep it turn-based but at least make it a bit deeper like trails or grandia or something. XI's pep system was cool but getting pepped was fairly random without pips.

>on the DS as a kid
>as a kid
Fuck I'm old. But I'm glad you got to experience it user. I think the DS remakes are great. VI just gets a lot of shit because it filtered a lot of people for not holding your hand and admittedly for taking a shade too long to unlock the class system.
Yuji Horii already said in an interview that if the III remake does well, they're already planning on redoing I+II. WGMI DQbros

Attached: 1644915848159.png (500x470, 483.06K)

And we like it that way dammit.

>the soundtrack is ear rape
>THE vidya franchise whose music has been composed with orchestra in mind since the days of the NES is ear rape

kys zoomer scum

youtube.com/watch?v=GyiyM7J2-jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SzpPvwol7DA
youtube.com/watch?v=qtTMAwagkeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=STahp4WPCKE
youtube.com/watch?v=mICvYHdf8Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=FDDLMDA2Cec
youtube.com/watch?v=qTjOJ2S-t-0
youtube.com/watch?v=oEzloARI6wk