>2022
>still no immersive storm-chasing sim where you can customize your own vehicle with armor and scientific equipment

Why?

Attached: TORNADO.gif (500x700, 1016.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Samaras
youtube.com/watch?v=MxgU1QcFMJM&t=486s
youtube.com/watch?v=IuornMt9ie0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_South_Moravia_tornado
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_tornadoes_and_tornado_outbreaks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Bridge_Creek–Moore_tornado
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you just invent a new genre?

do storm chasers really get so close that they have to reinforce their vehicles with armor? I thought they just sat far away with some binoculars

I dunno man, but it would be bad ass. I've been watching tons of tornado chasing videos lately, shit is fucking cool.

I would only use this game to drive right into the tornados.

Most storm chasers do not have armored vehicles despite sometimes getting dangerously close, but the TIV and TIV 2 armored vehicles were designed specifically to go into tornadoes.

user...it sounds like that's a great idea for a game but you're just giving it away. Why not make it.

There is one in development currently called "Outbrk"

Attached: ss_eb78e11f920333d75cb2ddadcdf8ba12260dbbb8.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1061, 323.23K)

Storm chasers are crazy weather nerd adrenaline junkies who will risk getting killed for a good shot of storm so they can license it out to the media.

Storm spotters are usually the weather nerds with binoculars who may or may not volunteer for NOAA.

>do storm chasers really get so close that they have to reinforce their vehicles with armor?

Nigga you do not fuck around with one of the deadliest forces on the planet that is known to be capable of sweeping whole cities away when they feel like it.

Attached: -c5a149e000c5d54f.jpg (1280x848, 234.79K)

this shit reminds me of the Killdozer
storm chasers confirmed based

>he needs armor

Attached: 2018-subaru-forester-storm-chaser-113-1608056886[1].jpg (4032x3024, 1.73M)

>capable of sweeping whole cities away when they feel like it.

Yes, what did you say this place was called? "Tornado Alley"? Sounds like a perfect place to build cities and suburbs for people to live in.

i think what fascinates me the most about tornadoes is that we don't fully understand them. not only do we not know specifically what separates tornadic supercells from non-tornadic supercells, we don't actually understand what happens on the ground during a tornado. everything is inferred from the damage they cause after the fact, which is why the fujita scale has undergone revisions and upgrades.

because it'd be boring

like following a quest compass in an open world game except thats the whole game

Attached: 1632021839449.webm (406x720, 1.17M)

Favorite tornado chaser? I'm partial to Pecos Hank mostly because he gets close to the tornadoes and doesn't sperg out when he finds one.

Is the southern USA the only place where tornadoes frequently land?
I don't remember the last time I heard of Tornadoes in Europe.

Do Americans really get sucked up into tornatos and taken on adventures?

Also doesn't protect you, because storm chasers in armored vehicles have still died
Looks badass though

Southern and middle USA. North and East sometimes gets them and the West is a huge rarity.

nah we usually just end up in new jersey

holy based.
as an armature storm chaser i would pay hundreds of dollars for something like this

Tornados are scary as piss. Photographed this cool one a while back

Attached: D2651211-4277-4B3A-9A67-47F1143AB22B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

Tim Samaras. He was the "Steve Irwin" of storm chasers. He died doing what he loved.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Samaras

Attached: Tim_Samaras.jpg (257x387, 10.89K)

And other people continue to live on islands and coastlines where hurricanes or earthqhakes or volcanoes can wreck shit.

How amateur are talking? riding a BMX bike towards a waterspout?

be the change you wanna see user

There have been some pretty violent ones in Europe and Asia. The deadliest tornado was in Bangladesh. The US is the only place that consistently gets violent tornado outbreaks every year, though, mainly because the Rocky Mountains force arctic air south where it meets the warm, humid air from the Gulf of Mexico.

So Phasmophobia but with tornadoes?

The euros do get them occasionally, but not with the frequency or intensity the mid-south gets.

Just a heads up for any deep south anons, the trend over time is overrnight tornadoes in your area. Be heads up on that shit and invest in an inground storm shelter. Don't trust your bathtub with a mattress.

> t. ex-NOAA fag

That El Reno twister was a fucking monster, rip.

They can and have occurred in the entire lower 48 and several Canadian provinces. They mainly occur in the spring in the middle of the country. It's called tornado alley. Though in recent years there has seemingly been a shift and they now occurring more to the east around Tennessee and surrounding areas.

Colorado, right?

that fucking reno tornado was otherworldly, this footage of a guy narrowly escaping the same fate is absolutely harrowing

youtube.com/watch?v=MxgU1QcFMJM&t=486s

rip

>enter thread to make fun of OP's stupid idea
>leave thread with new found respect for storm chasers and want to become one

I think this might be the clearest footage of El Reno, most of the videos show an unphotogenic blob of dark cloud so you cant really see the outline of the tornado

if he didn't lift off the gas for a second he is fucking dead

Those armored storm cars can probably ram through walls of buildings easily.

>tfw Oklahoma
>have narrowly avoided being struck several times
>feel like I'm on borrowed time
Strangely enough I've never seen one on the ground in person. Just wall clouds and partial funnels in the sky.

i hope i die doing what i love

me in a car with a camera, i don't get too close because im simply not equipped to deal with something deadly enough to send me flying

They are the most frequent in USA, but European tornadoes happen a lot more than you think
This video's from two tornadoes that hit Germany on May 20 youtube.com/watch?v=IuornMt9ie0
And last year there were the EF-4 that took out a couple Czech towns

>live on the west coast
>have had nightmares about tornados since i was a kid despite the fact i will never see one in person
tornados are terrifying

M8 just make friends with someone with a shelter. Keep a 6 pack of nice beer in the fridge during storm season and bring it over with you when David Payne takes off his jacket.

Like Palutena-user?

>I don't remember the last time I heard of Tornadoes in Europe.

The Czech Republic was recently torn a new asshole by a freak outbreak.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_South_Moravia_tornado

Also, for your troubles:

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_tornadoes_and_tornado_outbreaks

Yeah

Gonna need it to be an asymmetrical multiplayer game where I can play as the tornado

Yeah, my neighbor has a shelter and I think we're on good enough terms. I'm just extra scared of twisters because when I was a kid I was nearly left at one of my relatives homes when everyone else panicked and left for shelter. Good thing my mom remembered I existed for a second haha.

lol

Neat. They need a patreon.

Attached: 1429507925863.png (500x432, 16.69K)

I don't think anyone has been this close to death from natural disaster and lived to tell the tale.

Happens buddy, I saw this one with my own eyes as a child. Now I fuckin love em
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Bridge_Creek–Moore_tornado