EA returned

>EA returned
>Bethesda launcher shutdown
>Microsoft and Sony going full PC
>even fucking Activision came back
>only one left is Ubisoft and they'll probably fold soon as well

Steam is literally becoming a monopoly.
And no one cares that it's happening. You're all going to regret this, you know?

Attached: 1632944702497.jpg (488x531, 17.06K)

you forgot to write steamies

i literally do not care
all of my games are back in one place

No I won't, because I'll be using Steam and then pirating $70 games

no, everything you said is a good thing
cope seethe and dilate

>You're all going to regret this, you know?
Who the hell is " us " ?

Attached: 57d.png (1673x2160, 2.24M)

I hope that in 5 years from now Ubisoft fucking dies.

I wish they would sell actual steam.

Solution.

Make a launcher that isn't ass backwards.

Presto, you now have a steady consumer base.

Attached: 1650650148550.jpg (960x960, 111.11K)

>EA
No workshop
No remote-play
No broadcasting/screensharing
>Bethesda
No workshop
No remote-play
>Activision
No workshop
No remote-play
>Ubisoft
No workshop
No remote-play

Seethe cope and dilate

you forgot to write voluntarily, steam isn't doing anything but providing the best service (unlike egs which pays to have exclusives but still missing core features). Also steam existed for so long that people dont want to throw away their old accounts, and since it's so old, it has a bunch of niche features that you don't know you need until you do (like the controller layout thing, fucking hell it's so good, can make pirated games and even games that aren't even on steam to use controllers)

Yeah look we're not scattering our games across 18 logins for every publisher on the fucking planet. You put your shit on Steam or you get pirated into oblivion. Everyone seems to have gotten the message now. Ubishit will kill themselves by being shit.

Uhhh, nooo, sweetie, there are around 5 other online video game stores that taken together take up 0.5% of the market, so Steam with his 99.5% market share is totally not a monopoly. Sorry for ruining your imaginary world, sweetie.

Ubishit is going to crawl back second after their contract with Epic will expire which may be soon actually or next year.

>>EA returned
*Still required Origin launcher

maybe if fucking tim made the dogshit epic games launcher actually good and not perform like it was written in javascript
epic games launches is easily 10 times slower than steam

>even fucking Activision came back
and yet crash 4 is still not on steam

And that would work, except

>Devs set their own price for their game on the Steam marketplace

What are the chances Blizzard games coming to Steam now that MS owns them?

ubishit was under a direct hostile takeover and now word has spread that they're looking to sell. The internals were very confusing, they suggest most of their actual revenue is generated through their online PC store. and not just by a little, but by a wide margin.

What can they do? Be shit on purpose so other even shittier stores can compete?

>if cod mw2 does well on steam, you will live to see diablo on there

I don't care. If you want DRM-free, just pirate or buy on GOG, otherwise Steam is great.

If several, multi-billion dollar attempts to take your market share fail, you deserve the monopoly. Steam is not doing anything predatory.

People want their libraries tied to Steam, that's just reality.

Valve doesn't do shit to force people to use it nor does it need to engage in any anti-competitive practices; it's just so much better than any competitor that everyone wants to use it. If Battle Net and Origin and Uplay and GOG wanted to be bigger, they'd provide more service and less bullshit.
Valve is perfectly fine as long as it remains a privately-traded company with Gabe jerking off Linux so much, literally trying to help people escape the monopoly that is Windows.
As soon as Gabe dies, Steam will likely go publicly traded and rapidly devolve into complete shit.

>valve did nothing and won in the end
pretty based

>As soon as Gabe dies, Steam will likely go publicly traded and rapidly devolve into complete shit.

Or imagine if every user of Steam got some share, and it became a global collective co-op.

>As soon as Gabe dies, Steam will likely go publicly traded and rapidly devolve into complete shit.
That's why I hope Gaben is grooming someone to become his successor.

unironically yes