What should id do for the next Doom game?

What should id do for the next Doom game?

Attached: Doom_Eternal.png (258x387, 217.26K)

id should stop making doom games and give us the quake reboot
and make the quake reboot not like zoomzoom eternal

tits

Attached: 1584601103370.png (1904x1960, 2.41M)

make it easier

a motherfucking
Quake Game

anything as long as it can fit in metadoom

Honestly I doubt they can top Eternal, so probably a new fresh take/ip should be their next game. If they do Quake they should try to fulfill that fantasy side of it and attempt to make first person melee actually fun. Make it more mobility based with crouch sliding (like slash quake champions style, not titanfall), wall running etc, that you use to get into melee range of enemies.

Basically similar to Ghostrunner, except instead of being hotline miami style you make it more influenced by character action games just like Eternal was.

Attached: ghostrunner the climb2.webm (720x405, 2.92M)

Didn't someone wrote a rentry text file about the shit they wanted to see in a Doom game and it was too long?

Then people will bitch that they "ruined" Quake

i don't think most people care whether or not id can "top" eternal if they like seeing new ideas added to an ip that was rebooted multiple times
if anything, assuming "doom could be better" is why the fanbase was so creative and full of content to begin with
meanwhile, those that insist doom is perfect and number one at everything tend to be the least creative people and almost responsible for the "unfunny memes" people complain about
at the same time, "doom fans can make doom better" is why brutal doom was that popular in the first place

Crash?

Rework the chainsaw and how the player gets ammo.

> the fanbase was so creative and full of content to begin with
The fans added nothing of interest for 30 years besides map packs. The second Eternal came out suddenly there were a gorrillion mods trying to make old doom into new doom, modders aren't that creative or talented, if they were then they would be working on actual new games instead of shitty map pack for an engine that isn't even 3d.

I don't see them making another Eternal-like game thats better than what they already made, TAG1/2 showed to me that they were already pretty well running out of ideas. They should move on to something else, I think its possible that Eternal might be outdone one day, but right now id should work on something else and leave some time to imagine some good ideas if they return to Eternal-like gameplay.

First person melee is really an open door right now, and after Eternal I think id have a fanbase of tryhards willing to give a taste to anything assuming the gameplay is good. Just my 2c anyways

Attached: Mirrors edge combat 2.webm (480x320, 542.39K)

jokes on you'
i want to bitch about them ruining quake

Attached: face8.jpg (352x454, 28.33K)

>The second Eternal came out suddenly there were a gorrillion mods trying to make old doom into new doom, modders aren't that creative or talented, if they were then they would be working on actual new games instead of shitty map pack for an engine that isn't even 3d.
depends on where you look at
people are already making indie games based off gzdoom, after years of total convertions and with how much they changed gzdoom
"mappacks" implies vanilla doom when the other side is the zdoom family of works from the likes of kegan, terminus and yholl, who were at least noticeable on /vr/
even the cacowards forget to list some works, which is why there shouldn't be just one awards cerimony

Drop the stupid fucking Super Mario Crash Bandicoot platforming bullshit.
No more fast weapon switching rendering half the arensal/weapon mods worthless.
Get more powerful with additional passive perks instead of half a dozen cooldown abilities.
Non-linear level design.
Enemy corpses remain persistent.
No mid-level cutscenes.

the oposite of whatever they did in the last two games. Super mario with guns and arenas is hardly a Doom game.

>next Doom game?
Doom is probably over for the time being and when it returns it's going to be another soft reboot like Doom 2016

i bet you also want enemy infighting back

everything you said is bad and you should feel bad

this guy gets it, soibois ruined Doom

Keep the weapon switching, but find a way to make the full auto weapons more usable in combos.

Id should try making interesting lore. Sci-fi and demons is cool as hell but not when you bumblefuck the lore like a 12 year old that was given too much sugar.

all terrible ideas

And all the indie games that use the engine play like a Doom mod with a new skin. Yet the driving innovation of the modern scene with Eternal/Ultrakill was lead by Flying Hog who innovated the quick swap system in their 2011 - yeah fucking 2011 they had figured it out, and also technically dashing too with Shadow Warrior (which also technically was from Unreal, but I give it to them anyways). Bulletstorm, while a terrible dogshit game, was also a big influence on the FPS scene for its environmental gameplay and shillshot scoring system. Titanfall as well with its wallrunning and slide hops had a massive influence.

Newer indie games I've found interesting like Viscerafest or Mothergunship are on unity or unreal engines, Devil Daggers was a custom engine. Fact is that modding is fun to learn about game design, but its not a real creative space, especially not in a janky ass 2.5d engine that shouldn't even be in use after quake's engine came into existence.

Attached: Hard Reset kino.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

>in their 2011 [missing section I edited out by accident]
Oops, meant to write in their 2011 *game Hard Reset*

>Bulletstorm, while a terrible dogshit game
We probably didn't play the same game.

BS is one of the best FPS i play in term of fun.