The true Final Fantasy XV

The true Final Fantasy XV.

Attached: Bravely_Default_Cover_Art.jpg (500x445, 70.65K)

Bravely was never good, though, so fucking eat shit, faggot

more like final fantasy V-2 (and that's a good thing)

Attached: 1561857553489.png (1280x1280, 468.27K)

I can get behind that. It certainly did the 'four friends travelling together to save the world' thing as well, and I was a lot more invested in the cast of Bravely Default.

the true Final Fantasy XIII

Attached: Lost-Odyssey.jpg (1500x1125, 271.87K)

I thought it was good. Even with how flawed 2 was, it still had fun with it. JRPG job/subjob systems are like vidya crack to me

Isn't it just 4 heroes of light?

>best turn based system in an ff game
>ruined by horribly boring slog of an endgame and post-game is just abusing two strategies against every boss
Bravely was always a fluke, they should've made a spiritual successor to SMRPG or something instead

It was a very fun system. Being able to stack similar jobs to make mega tanks, or compete glass cannons was cool.

Dropped the game at the 3rd boss rerun. Disgusting amount of padding ruined the game for me. I don't have time for this shit.

Nice opinion, which eceleb are you parroting it from? Did you try actually playing the game?

I was on board with this until they started looping. I dropped it there and never looked back. But the first part was excellent, and the soundtrack is phenomenal.

I played the game back in 2012 after I borrowed it from a friend. The job system and the game itself were great as far as I can remember (it's been 10 years), but doing the same thing with minimal dialogue changes and inflated stats over and over again is fucking garbage.
And I completed each and every Etrian Odyssey game, so shut your whore mouth, user.

>doing the same shit 5 times

4 heroes of light was better kys faggot

Why yes, I will accept your offer to copy/paste my autismnotes postmortem from my rececent playthrough of the game, thank you

Talk about a quality decline. Thing starts as an easy 9/10, with a ton of optional engaging lore buried in menus right off the bat, an immediate 'attack the empire' storyline, and an airship given to you within twoish hours of gametime. Job system's immediately engaging, there's built in difficulty and encounter config options, and bosses on hard are legitimately fun experiences that demand party comp and constant reactivity.

Problem is, the freedom and divergence from formula offered? Very gradually scraped away. I raised an eyebrow immediately ON getting that airship, because the world map immediately struck as cramped and underdeveloped; as the story quickly devolved into going dungeon-by-generic-dungeon with no real goal other than crystalpoking in sequence, those fears only became further realized. And that's before even getting into Bravely Default's dirty little secret; you already know the one though, so honestly, I'm not gonna spend too much time on it. Just know it really is ridiculous, despite defenders trying to downplay; you *really do* need to replay the main game beats 5 times over, and while dungeon doors and the like remain open - making an 'ignore everything' run take maybe ~1-3 hours max per cycle' - you'll be missing out on legitimate bits of character development and unique cutscene assets along the way.

Attached: 5d31667968c15f09f83772009cea980f.jpg (500x662, 49.37K)

the loops are not nearly as bad as you make it out to be, it takes like 3 hours at most if you turn off random encounters, you probably spent more time grinding just to get there, the game is already 50 hours long why would you drop it in the last 3

Why do you default to ad verecuntium whenever you're confronted with an opinion that differs from yours faggot?

The true quality of a game can be determined by how many casuals it filtered. It is my firm belief that Bravely Default was designed for the sole purpose of exclusing those of lesser disposition, much like Attack on Titan's ending.

Plus they serve both narrative and gameplay purposes. One's mind must be weak to fall there, which was the game's intention. One must Bravely Default.

Stuff like the Jackal raising kids or Kamiizumi surviving if you do some relationship detectiving between him and Edea's parents, which is for sure actual content... but seeing it requires playing the same set of twenty bosses FIVE FUCKING TIMES OVER, with real variance only coming in on the last two loops. And if you're determined to see it all? Well, for reference: my Cycle One endgame file had ~40h logged; my final time was 90h, with some idle downtime figured in. It took like three straight days of near nonstop playing, doing 1.5 cycles per and very much wanting to die by the end.

TLDR: what starts as a refreshing divergence from formula reduces itself to bogstandard template right quick, then immerses itself in tedium that, while thematically commendable in almost exactly the same way as Haruhi's Endless Eight, is unfortunately no less soulcrushingly boring to slog through. And it sucks, because it didn't HAVE TO BE THIS WAY. Like, let's compare FFV, because the game's not exactly hiding its roots here: in FFV, you *start* by getting a mode of transport, IMMEDIATELY encounter a Crystal in a visually distinctive temple, and near as quick get that transport taken from you; very similar opening to Bravely D. From there, though? Where bravely goes 'Featureless fort maze, cave maze, temple maze, swamp maze, forest maze, cave maze again', FFV instead has you going through an atmospheric ghost ship graveyard, a comedic mountain climb, a castle with bizarre secret boss and treasure areas, a tower with a timed destruction sequence; everything's got way more soul, and there's nothing even APPROACHING the fireship sequence - where you have to loot a burning fortress as efficiently as possible before it explodes forever - or the earth temple one - where a fabled ruined city fucks off as soon as you get there, necessitating a multi-boss airship assault, followed by a puzzle-filled interior with a distinct aesthetic all its own.

Attached: bravely-default-flying-fairy-8.jpg (1600x1146, 331.15K)

So a game that repeats the same bosses 2500 times, so only 3 people across the whole world finish it, would be perfect to you, fucking autismo?

The only things it filtered, were the sequels sales.

Attached: 1647497367089.png (811x811, 795.83K)

And when it comes time to 'Cycle'? You get an ENTIRELY NEW MAP, WITH ENTIRELY NEW EVENTS. AND THEN AGAIN ON THE THIRD.

That last bit especially; why doesn't BD give you this? They totally could have, if not easily; make three cycles where the worlds are *actually distinct*. Like, say, one where the Crystalists remained in power, rendering Edea's dad a downtrodden rebel you had to join with as you exposed the equally-as-bad shit the religious nutsos got up to? Maybe a third where crystal exploitation was accepted far earlier, leading to a more mechanized FF6 style world - but also one where the crystals were legitimately on their last legs, allowing Airy some justification in convincing folk to try to fix things a third time? Then, hey - HERE cycle back to the regular config, except you can now handle things better with your newfound contextual knowledge, joining forces with Alternis directly and steadily recruiting folks to fight back against the true ultimate evil, thus justifying the kinds goony spiritbomb sequence what caps off the true final boss.

They could have done this; it wouldn't have been anywhere near as easy as just copy-pasting the map over, but they could have. Yet they didn't, and I can't at all say the game as it stands is worth playing. I was let down even KNOWING the twist, actually; I was praying during the whole 'break the crystal' sequence that they wouldn't beef Airy's design... but then, as unfortunately expected, she's just a generic evil maggot thing. Lame shit all around.

Attached: bravely_default_flying_fairy_characters.jpg (850x850, 241.07K)

This.
Your series is fucking dead, and it's because its roots were poisoned filth from the very start. And I am glad for it. Fuck you.

Strawmanning only proves you have no real argument and I'm right.

Sales are also not indicative of quality.

I can see the level of intelligence you Bravely Default filtereds possess and I am not impressed. If anything it strengthens my viewpoint.

That says nothing about the game. All that tells me is that you are a spiteful cretin. Did you need to clarify this?

>Sales are also not indicative of quality.
Yeah, most mundane one sold the best.

Of course people who do not understand these basic facts had no chance of not being filtered by Bravely Default's fantastic metacontextual take on the concept of New Game Plus. Their anger and confusion is understandable, if misguided.

>contrarian bitch willing to die on this hill
Yes, repeating the same content lazily for multiple times right after the other is great game design. You were right all along user. I see the error of my ways now and I bid you goodbye. May your cumstains crust yet another body pillow tonight.

idgaf
seethe
mald
cope
dilate

>You were right all along user. I see the error of my ways now and I bid you goodbye.

I don't believe you. Prove it.

The ending wasn't good enough to make up for the boring looping and the character changes were nonsensical fanfiction tier shit by the end

>repeating shit for hours on end
>metacontextual take on the concept of New Game Plus
Holy fucking shit, you are a blasé idiot. You're the type of person that looks at an empty white painting at the museum and creams himself because of how subversive it is.

Real!Airy was totally worth it.

Just because you don't understand what I said doesn't mean I said nothing.

>It's good because it's an unsubtle metaphor
Don't you have FFVIIR threads to be making

>play 50 hours game
>drops it in the last 3
>in a genre where you're expected to grind for hours anyway

Attached: 1567997395432.jpg (932x824, 344.46K)