What went wrong?

What went wrong?

No memes please.

Attached: sneedhammer.jpg (600x779, 103.61K)

Us. We didn't listen.

Attached: 4201d0b8a96bea328654c573750a8147_400x400.png (400x400, 313.5K)

Rushed product just like every AAA game. We knew Immortal Empires wasn't coming out with it. But people bought it anyways.

Too many gimmicks on the campaign map, and siege battles are even worse now (more tedious).
But for me, the anime aesthetic of the demons and the fact we got no chaos dwarfs is the deal breaker.

Immortal Empires and Chaos Dwarfs in 6+ months instead of within a month or 2

Total War hasn't been good for a while now.

For me it's how Nurgle and Slaanesh are the shittiest factions, despite being literally the only two I was hyped for. Also the worldmap is weird and stupid looking, I don't like it.

2 factions worth playing

Rushed? Wasn't this postponed several times over? (Haven't played it yet)

CA doesn't have a fucking clue why people like Total War and keep trying to make shit arcadey.

it came out about a year early and was built on an outdated version of their code, which is missing a whole bunch of quality of life changes.

People always say that the release was a catastrophe and a trainwreck.
In reality, it had the usual "bunch of bugs" that a Total War game has on release, but it was fun... for exactly one playthrough.

The problems started with the lie that "there will be a roadmap in one week".
CA started lying, pretending there was no problem, and NOT fixing even the most basic bugs.

What should have been a steady stream of small updates was instead a deep dark nothing.
The announced news were nowhere to be seen, and an unexplainable silence engulfed the game.

Why weren't they doing the small tweaks that modders had figured out in one day?
We don't know.
Why did they lie about the schedule of the roadmap?
We don't know.
Why couldn't they just drip feed information about the upcoming content, or tease it, as they did until release?
We don't know.
Why can't they say whether something is going wrong and what it is?
We don't know.
Why couldn't they release some minor updates like making old factions available for multiplayer, or making the multiplayer maps available in single player, or add one or two random units every month, or some balance for multiplayer?
We don't know.

The studio essentially DIED the day of release. They just ran away from the game for 6 months, and we don't really know why they did this.

Attached: 1646851672183.jpg (250x190, 4.09K)

Generic, Age of Smegma demon design. Why does every big demon have to look like that shitty Doom16 redesign of the Cyberdemon? What happened to the beastial fire-bulls of the 80s and 90s?

Spaghetti code
Techs and redline traits made by people who don't understand how stats work
Slaanesh's corruption mechanic is fucked
Too many rifts
Launched too soon, immortal empires should have been a three-month lagtime at most.

Everything else is hiscel cope.

The main dev team is unbelievably incompetent.
They started development of 3 using the fucked up version of 2 not the fixed one.

Gee this sucks. I was already wavering on Game 2 because of all the quirky shit (and rat focus), but at least the sheer volume of content of the game kept me entertained for a long time. The more I read or watch footage of game 3 the less hyped I am. What a fucking shame. You think there's any hope with time they'll manage to salvage this mess? Assuming they can retroactively implement the missing code into the game.

No Rats

Attached: Scriberat.jpg (2048x2048, 609.47K)

>Imagine thinking CA has a choice in what minis GW wants to shill.

Immortal empires, blood and actual content like Chaos Dwarfs, Nagash, Monkey King etc can turn this into a 10/10 granted they don't catastrophically mess things up in the upcoming patches (which they probably will).

the only reason to bother with WH3 is because of Immortal Empires, so just wait and see what state the game is in by then.

>They started development of 3 using the fucked up version of 2 not the fixed one.
So what does that mean in practice - slow load times? Reintroduction of old bugs that have already been fixed? Worse AI?

The dlc team can probably save it but it will take them like 2 years at least.
If two dlc packs don't sell well enough in a row CA will just kill the project so who knows if it will survive long enough to get fixed

>Monkey King
They should've never added Cathay in to begin with, it was nothing more than a fucking footnote in the lore but hey, gotta get that chinese market. Gotta grab those delicious commie bucks.

Yeah basically it's spaghetti code. The immortal empires turn time is probably like 2 minutes long at the moment, not exaggerating either

What factions would you want in the game?

Attached: 1654647818521.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

God, think of the cope of chorfs don't sell well and GW is proven right for never giving the manlets their army book.

Immortal Empires is the combined world map of game 1, 2 and 3? With all the factions? Do we even have machines that can handle that?

Attached: 1600238412048.jpg (840x700, 368.13K)

Oh good, we're back to early Game 2 load times. WITHOUT MORTAL EMPIRES, TOO.

yes and yes, probably. they actually improved the turn timer by a lot in WH2.

Hope you like your 10 minute breaks between rounds.

>no blood
>in the DLC about the Blood God

Attached: thewalker.jpg (325x347, 8.66K)