At what point did minecraft die?

at what point did minecraft die?

Attached: 203372e1699f8736adadc750b9bab11d.jpg (994x1200, 73.53K)

Hunger

when they split the cave update into 3 seperate updates of which all three were underwhelming garbage that didnt deliver on any new promises besides more interesting worldgen. if next years update isnt 11/10 the game is going to lose the momentum its been building up for years, because the nostalgia phase of people remembering early days of minecraft is starting to wear off

For me it died when I realised all the last major updates were just mobs that do fuck all and slightly different biomes

/thread

Special mention to caves not flooding anymore. I don't care if the game locks up for 15 seconds, it was fantastic.

After Notch sold it to Microsoft

Stupid meme

when notch left

i hate this stupid meme and i hate you

The game's not dead, I don't think it ever can die. Even if MS/Mojang announced right now that all development on the game has ceased entirely, the modding community is to strong that it'll keep chugging along as if nothing happened. It is a truly timeless game.
This happened 10 years ago now. The adventure update was shit, no questioning that, but the game is still very much alive.

Yup. The *survival* update.

when tobuscus fell off

>but the game is still very much alive.
For unsupervised children that fap to blocks? Sure. For the original audience? No.

Don’t say that

I've jacked off to her before I'm ashamed to admit

1.8 beta

just post her being railed already

they should have gotten the aether guys on the dev team and added it in an update
if I had a time machine that is what I would change, for the sake of all the kids that tried making the glowstone portal and failing

who hasn't?

children only play bedrock/console, the PC (java) release still has a massive playerbase. The modding community for java alone proves how popular the game still is with young adults.

I've jacked off to her before I'm glad to admit

I can't believe they put a survival mechanic in a survival game oh the horrors

we’ve all fapped to her, but few are brave enough to admit it.

>they should have gotten the aether guys on the dev team
They hired a couple of them recently, and added what is obviously supposed to be a portal underground (that cannot be activated yet - knowing mojang, it won't be implemented until 2025)

When Dream existed. Speedruns are done by faggots with nothing better to with their lives and try to make themselves feel better because they're too cowardly to eat a shotgun shell.

i hope Microsoft stops developing the java version so modders have one definitive version to create mods for. The updates suck anyways

It wasn't a survival game at that point.

the tribbing one

NTA, but yes it was.

Hunger was great, and I wish they would've implemented more of Survival mode's To-Do list items to keep the autism of Creative fags contained to their own game mode. I've played the game since it first hit the internet, and when survival mode was played for score/points. I'd say Minecraft died recently, when they shit it up by requiring a Microsoft/Windows account.

In what way?
Enemies? Standard game feature
Crafting? Not exclusive to survival genre
Loot? Every adventure game.

The main mode of the game was literally referred to as "survival mode"