DMC 1-3

Should i play the pc ports or emulate them?

Attached: DMC1FrontCover.jpg (265x377, 19.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PCTwlmz2g9s?t=325
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just play the HD collection, DMC 1 has some graphical issues but nothing that will affect gameplay. 3 has a few as well but not too bad. Skip 2.

Don't waste your time. Edgy bottom mashing with a childish story that rivals Sleeping Beauty

Attached: 1654308925123.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

The HD collection is mostly fine, a couple of graphical and audio bugs (even a couple of gameplay ones), but nothing too major. If you are a purist then you should emulate 1 and play the 2008 PC port of DMC3 (with the fan patch).

The HD Collection is fine.

is 2 really this bad?

it's offensively boring, only the final boss stands out

I see no reason to not go with the ports. While flawed, IIRC DMC1 is missing some graphical effects and the music loops incorrectly, but it's hardly noticeable if you don't know the game by heart. DMC3 also has a few graphical issues like hair missing its transparencies, but there are mods to fix it, which I really recommend doing. Modding also offers the possibility of bringing style switching to the game, which opens its combat exponentially, but it's better left for a later playthrough.

Attached: EUMEZ5zXgAAdH7B.jpg (1200x1200, 135.77K)

It's mostly just boring. I heard it gets better once you unlock Trish, but I couldn't force myself to finish the game another time to unlock her.

there's a cheat code you can do to unlock trish iirc but she just plays like a shittier dmc1 dante, really not worth the trouble

yes

Does the DMC1 Dante costume only replace the effects, then? No changes to the moveset?

i only messed with it for like 2 minutes years but if i remember correctly it plays dmc1 battle music and maybe gives you force edge instead of rebellion? not sure about the sword part
aside from that i'm pretty sure dante plays the same, only trish actually has the dmc1 moveset (and dmc2 being dmc2, it's just stiffer and worse overall)

don't play DMC4, it casualized the series and introduced shitter characters and dumbed down enemy behavior. (DMC2 doesn
t count because that game is a mess)

>dumbed down enemy behavior

Attached: dmkeks.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

still better than whatever the fuck happened to DMC4.

Attached: dmc trash.webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

Can you two get a room?

Attached: 1638488378297.png (427x576, 514.49K)

While DMC3's enemies aren't top of line when it comes to aggression they still do their job pretty well. Arachnes, Fallen, Abyss, Lusts, Soul Eaters, Enigmas and Bloodgoyles especially can be pretty dangerous.
youtu.be/PCTwlmz2g9s?t=325

"Aggession" is a meme complaint. There's more to good enemy design than how much and how fast they attack you.

It's a big part of it though, but it also depends on the combat that the enemies are supposed to support. NG2 tier enemies in DMC3 wouldn't work for example, but I don't think anyone would complain if the Hells attacked with a bit more frequency on DMD.