Why did this series stop getting games? They're all phenomenal

Why did this series stop getting games? They're all phenomenal.

Attached: motorstorm-sq-1644266412210.jpg (800x800, 158.51K)

Sony (deliberately) killed the dev studio because they didn't want internal racing competition for Grand Turdismo, they made Driveclub as PS4 launch title and Sony sabotaged it by delaying so it and then forbid devs from patching it for PS4 Pro so it wouldn't compete with GT Sport, then they quietly without giving warning disabled DLC purchases and pulled game from stores and fired the studio.

Because they released a disaster focused version that coincided with some earthquake or tsunami or something, killed the series.

>Apocalypses got delayed because of an earthquake in Japan

Woops

What really sucks about motorstorm is that it's one of those super early PS3 games that's really janky to manage. It's impossible to update the game anymore because you have to connect to a server from within the game to do it, and guess what's shut down?

I had to reinstall the game at one point and now I can't do anything with my DLC because there's no way to update past 1.0

It didn't sell that well.

Wait really? I just bought the first one on eBay and I didn't even know it had any updates. Is there any way to get the update data on an unmodified PS3? I also got Pacific Rift but I'm guessing by then they figured out the update shit

Emulates perfectly on my RPCS3 with pirated patches and DLC

DriveClub was delayed a year and still completely fucked out of the box, with none of the stuff it was built around actually working. I really liked it but I doubt that Sony made much money from it. Whereas yea GT Sport was huge.

NVM, Just read that a private server is up and it's possible to download patches off of it. All it needs is a DNS. Glad shit like this is possible

i'm hoping they'll do something similar for pacific rift soon

motorstorm is fucking great but don't pretend even for a second that apocalypse was a good game

it was such a piece of shit that the psp game wound up being better

It's a tragedy. I booted up the original again after that Digital Foundry video ignited a ton of nostalgia in my chest for the series, and I can't believe how well the original game holds up 15 years later. Fucking great time, and I bought Pacific Rift off Ebay and am planning to play that next since I never picked it or Apocalypse up.
Also picked up a copy of Driveclub and that game is way more fun than I expected as well. Evolution never should have been shut down.

Unironically the game still holds up great. Especially the mud. Has any game ever done mud that well since?

I can't think of one. Nor can I think of something that does weather effects as well as Driveclub.

Motorstorm was waiting for mom at target kino.

Attached: 295529447_161d3cdc47_c.jpg (800x600, 206.82K)

Snoy fucking sucks.

This image is pure fucking kino

>it's fucking dead
I just want to play one more match.

Attached: 081662.jpg (1920x1080, 303.86K)

Sony is great at killing their franchises.
>first two games are a hit
>make a spin off which isn’t as good buts still fun
>let some no name studio work on the third
>significantly worse than the first two
>let them or another different studio make another game which is slightly better better than the third but sells poorly because nobody liked the last game
>try another spin off but it sells the worst out of all of them
>try one more time on a main entry or just flat out cancel the series completely.

How is it? I was so disappointed that it wasn't a racer but a car combat title. I just wanted Motorstorm 4.

Was that any good in the end? I vaguely remember everyone preemptively dropping the game because they said it's not actually a racer or some shit

explain why apocalypse was bad, it's my personal favorite

I haven’t bought a game in store since 2014.

It's very fun, great music great art. Was my favorite game to turn my brain off and crash in to people for an hour but it's dead now, there might be a little life left on playstation since it was free on plus at one point but it's completely dead on Xbox

Is there at least a decent singleplayer campaign? I think I own it through PS+. I might boot it up.