Why are arcades so big in Japan? They could save money by playing these games on their computer or console...

Why are arcades so big in Japan? They could save money by playing these games on their computer or console. Do gaming arcades even still exist in western countries?

Attached: sega-quits-japanese-arcade-business-after-50-years-1643367770782.jpg (1600x900, 1.12M)

Their slave workaholic society is why Arcades can survive because to and fro commute from their soul crushing 12+ hour shifts can they play a video game for like five minutes before going back to the rat race.

they actually have to walk and shit
I guess if there's arcade on the way home, you'd probably want to stop by

nips can't into PCs.

They can't even into consoles anymore because they spend no time at home. Jap work culture is pretty scary.

Attached: 1652932397788.gif (384x216, 1005.81K)

chinks live in some micro rooms with no bathroom

Not no bathroom it's some shower with the shitter inside and sink on top like a fucking prison cell. If this is suppose to be progress burn the whole fucking thing down. Industrial Revolution was the worst thing to have ever been sired by Humanity.

you don't want to go home as an average wageslave in japan, also your neighbour will talk shit about you if you came home before 10pm, its considered lazy in japan due to their suicidal work culture.

I imagine the arcade experience is actually nice when you live in a country of polite orderly people, who definitely aren't going to intentionally fuck up the machines, or stab you for beating them in Street Fighter.

not anymore. nips have BEEN treading over to PC since PS3 days when they were slowly dropping home consoles

Community, competetive aspect. I been to the arcades in japan and you figure out the hardcore dudes rather quickly. Some are there just to chill on their work break etc. Fighting genre becomes totally different when you can just go into the arcade and play with a random person offline with zero delay. Good spot for chilling with friends in general. It's also a cheap way for devs to put out their game and try out the water, so you see a few titles first in the arcades before an actual release.
Tekken 7 was a hot mess when it came out and they basically beta tested the shit out of it in the arcades for 2 years untill a full global release and it became one of the best fighting games ever.
Also arcade machines lets the players play in a way they are not able to do at home. Look up the initial D arcade games for example.
That being said, sounds like the arcade scene is sort of dying.

Have fun playing UFO catcher on your phone

Bro, is that the sega arcada at theatre square in kabukichou?

>kabukichou
bless you

>you will never zip off to the arcade for 15 minutes to dunk on kids with Hugo in sf3 during your break
I miss arcades

Handheld and phone gaming is huge though.

>treading over to PC
Arcades, console, and PC are all dying in Japan as everyone continues to flock as quickly as possible to mobile.

>t. American working three jobs just to be able to afford rent

Plenty of games only come out for the arcades. Simple as.

wrong.

visited japan in late 00s. noticed few times people in suits with suitcases playing arcade game. i think it might have been to have few minutes of fun from whatever they were going or coming from

You have no clue just how bad it is to live in Tokyo.

OP do you even read the filenames of your images? The arcade you posted is closing down along with a lot of other ones.

This. It's why the Switch has done insanely well in Japan.

Why is Japan work culture so bad?

Attached: 1651639010087.jpg (863x773, 69.37K)

>nips have BEEN treading over to PC since PS3 days
Improve your bait

they can't cool their reactors

Attached: Theater Square 1.jpg (1920x1080, 478.47K)

>Why are arcades so big in Japan?
They've been slowly dying for well over a decade now. Even in the late 2000's most of the arcades were just an assortment of rhythm games.

I know they sell it as a Club SEGA, but it really isn't

Attached: Theater Square 2.jpg (3140x1588, 1.32M)

Because home in Japan is hell. The longer the trip between school/work and home, the better

They live in big cities. Whites don’t.

America has been RUINED by rural bull shit

Same reason they're so polite and law abiding
They're drones, you can't pick and choose which parts you like, it's a package deal

it that dirt on the street?

>Whites don't
Gee, I wonder why

Americans actually work more

Not him, but it's not bait. You're just one of those strange Japan-console hopefuls when they started dropping them for handheld, PC, and mobile a long time ago. They knew Japanese home consoles catered more towards the western audience long before we ever knew. Their schizo-thoughts-turned reality on consoles happened a long time ago.

It's less about actually being busy and more about looking busy. They're probably bored out of their minds.

Outside of cities and tourist traps Japanese houses are normal sized (smaller than American but not closet sized)

Many games are arcade exclusives
For many working adults, arcades offer a cheap way to have some fun during commutes
Japan is addicted to gambling so stuff like the UFO catcher is really fun to them
Boomers. The good thing is that, slowly, they are figuring out their work culture is not really that great and are fixing some stuff. I wish my third world country at least figured out our ways aren't the best too.

Yup, took the photo after a Mikoshi parade

Attached: 20190922_131243.jpg (4531x2201, 3.08M)

urban and city planning, meaning the concentration of people is very high in cities, making arcades and mall thrive

in America, surburbs killed the mall and arcades because of the concentration of population is very low, making arcades and malls lose money

And you should see the thousands of nameless back alleys, they're all dumps

Attached: 20190922_111413.jpg (2752x4886, 3.05M)

Aw, that's too bad. Yeah, I looked it up myself, apparently the one in the OP is in ikebukuro.