Who's gonna stop making consoles first?

Who's gonna stop making consoles first?

Attached: ezgif-5-8a333fd048.jpg (1200x675, 83.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.microsoft.com/2019/05/16/sony-and-microsoft-to-explore-strategic-partnership/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

box x

that's the million dollar question.

They both did. The PS5 and XSX are 4K Blu-ray players.

Attached: f8b92994-94db-43fe-b151-ce4098a58153.jpg (1280x1622, 462.28K)

in that case, the ps5 is slightly better. it also has apple music and they own crunchyroll. for media stuff, it's the better choice.

Xbox has been shifting to PC since the middle of the XOne. The Series X just exists to extend that period of time between pseudo Console and PC company.

It'll probably be their last system and they'll make some Steam competitor for PC where you can buy the games from all their studios or get gamepass.

what the fuck was that, I really just typed "box x" even though I wanted to type and post xbox, wtf???

I could see Xbox eventually making gaming PCs that vary from affordable to ultra high end. But i can't see them just not making systems anymore.

Attached: reqer.png (722x616, 24.7K)

brainfart. happens to the best of us.
DON'T FUCK UP AGAIN

Hopefully neither, Nintendo has stopped making home consoles forever and it's honestly quite depressing

Assuming you mean traditional local play consoles as we know them?
Sony, without a doubt. They've already signed a deal to rent Azure servers for game streaming from Microsoft. Their consoles have basically no hardware innovations left, just ordering parts from AMD like delivery pizza.

PS6 will be a streaming box using cutdown SeX 2 server blades
news.microsoft.com/2019/05/16/sony-and-microsoft-to-explore-strategic-partnership/

Attached: sony renting azure.jpg (1031x1442, 414.33K)

eh? switch is every bit a home console as before. that's the beauty of it.

>they'll make some Steam competitor for PC where you can buy the games from all their studios or get gamepass.
And gamers will eat it up because for some reason most of Any Forums actually likes Xbox while at the same time shitting on EGS for giving away free games.

both of them at the same time (on account of the apocalypse)

>Their consoles have basically no hardware innovations left
They're the only ones who innovated between the two (the gamepad is kino). not as radically as nintendo, but unique in it's own way. smarter haptics and an extra layer to your sound setup.

(me)
also, the only one between the two with VR/VR2 in the works.

it's hardly a dated tablet, all its technical limitations stem from that. the fact that it can be connected to the TV, like any 5-year-old phone, doesn't mean shit

PlayStation, they don't even make games anymore, anyone who says otherwise is a delusional tranny, nig, or pajeet who are known to suck dick and eat shit.

Both of them will die at the game time, giving Nintendo a monopoly and allowing them to transform into Super Nintendo, the most non-exploitative gaming corporation ever to exist. Then they'll go and murder Gaben and PC gaming, and we'll all play scrimblo bimblo at 180p 10fps for all eternity and be happy.

Xbox, but only because they are going to own a high percentage of the software side of things and the era of PC gaming built into TVs is on the horizon.

it's still a home console, even if underpowered. they've proven multiple times over that they can mog the shit out of ms and sony just on games alone.

hardware as in chipsets, not controller bullshit
>smarter haptics
same LRA haptic tech that was in the Switch and iPhones for years beforehand
>an extra layer to your sound setup.
PS5's tempest audio is a fucking joke. Tempest maxes out at 256 simultaneous surround sounds. The VCR Xbone has an audio DSP that maxes out at 512 simultaneous surround sounds, but due to the 8th gen consoles having such slow CPUs you can realistically only use 400 in an actual game. And the XSX has that same DSP plus two more audio DSPs that further extend its lead over the PS5. Sony hasn't innovated squat with the PS5

>game time
same time* fugging dyslexia. Though I hope they do both die, I can't wait to see the tendie shills try to raid this website 24/7 with anti-PC shilling now that's their only target left.

>hardware as in chipsets, not controller bullshit
the age of diverse chipsets is dead in general. ps3 came at a time pre-2008 when UNIX workstations were still thriving, and multiple platforms existed (Power, PowerPC, Sparc, DEC Alpha, ARM, MIPS, x86, etc). That's nothing to do with Sony, so much as the tech industry imploding and consolidating around the big dogs left. But innovating in other fields does count. It's still differentiating their product from the competition.

>the age of diverse chipsets is dead in general
bullshit. Microsoft made multiple additions beyond standard RDNA2 in the SeX. Valve worked with AMD to optimize microSD data loading in the Steam Deck. The Wii U used a chiplet design years before Zen 2 brought it mainstream. Apple Silicon has absolutely shaken the ARM world with performance rivaling the best of x86 laptop and desktop at times while being many times more power efficient