The stealth genre is dead

The stealth genre is dead

Attached: Dagqvr-W4AExK1f.jpg (1200x661, 46.83K)

Nobody is interested in slow paced gameplay anymore. Everything must be fast and chaotic.

No it's merely in hiding

It's hard to make a good stealth game
Kek

Was just snake and sam carrying the entire genre too

>forgetting about Corvo Attano
>inb4 it doesn't count because its le immersion sim made up leddit genre

Dishonored is baby tier stealth

>forgetting about Agent 47

Attached: hitman.webm (460x816, 1.67M)

FREEZE!

>mission is to infiltrate and neutralize a target
>sneak, but KO enemies when I have to, even kill if I absolutely have to
>next mission is to steal some files and never let them know you were there
>don't KO anyone because it wouldn't make sense in terms of the story
>play at a snail's pace, sneaking past everyone without laying a hand on them
Are you a chad stealth master RPer like me?

Attached: SC interact.png (800x1163, 3.56M)

Litteral who silent protag garbage who can't see an obvious betrayal right in front of his face. He gets mogged by Doud in his own debut game.
Hitman still exists. Deus Ex just got a new owner and Sniper Elite still gets gobbled up by normies. Stealth isn't dead. It's just going through a transition period and thank god because knock out guard/hide body gameplay loop was old and tired

Sniper Elit isn't stealth, it's a normie garbage game.

I like Dishonored, but if I don't challenge myself to steal every single valuable on the level and purposly finishing the mission with the hardest path then it simply isn't difficult at all. I wish they made a pure stealth game so they could make it a focused and challenging experience.

stealth games are dead because stealth is really fucking hard in real life and because games have become more realistic looking.

Has any game done shadow stealth correctly where you'll still be detected in shadow if your silhouette can be seen against a lit background?

Attached: Untitled.png (852x480, 418.71K)

You know what's annoying about stealth dying? It never stopped selling well. The classic stealth games sold extremely well, and then the studios wanted to make more money by making them more casual. And yet the games earn less and less money for each entry where the game is more and more casual. And then they act like stealth wouldn't sell. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy where they killed stealth by putting it on life support before it even needed to

Attached: 1623195986937.png (1277x708, 425.62K)

Go buy play sniper elite 5.

If you don't use stealth you get punished but you can play that game how you want

Good. Stealth is not fun.

Attached: ALWAYS GO LOUD.gif (500x375, 992.29K)

wrong

Stealth is not dead. There are more games than ever where stealth is important part of gameplay now.

Attached: stealth is optional for this mission.webm (476x720, 2.94M)

actually decent argument desu

i hope the next ghost recon is more stealth-y that would be cool

What do you do 90% of the time in Sniper Elite when you aren't lining up your perfect testicular shot?

The worst thing that could happen.
Noone's making proper stealth games now since every TPS has "stealth" that is nothing more than crouch+cover. Maybe a throwable to divert enemies.

The next Ghost Recon trailer is gonna start with a group of actors pretending to be in a voice call and playing an open world game together. I don't have to be Nostradamus to see that coming