What are your thoughts on $70 games?

What are your thoughts on $70 games?

Attached: B9923A39-4268-47FF-974D-A2F3D71AADF3.jpg (1170x692, 221.16K)

Games are all free

No call of duty game is worth even remotely $70.

i will never purchase a videogame at full price, i will wait for sales that satisfy me; if there are no good sales or sales at all, i sail the seas

Considering that back in the 90s games costed even more than that I'm shocked that we're just now reaching $70 again in 2022.

Attached: 1654479863823.jpg (425x320, 18.02K)

kind of expensive

I can wait a couple of years for a game to be cheap. If it's a multiplayer game that ends up dead then I dodged a bullet in the first place by not buying into it.

>Games are released in worse condition than any era before due to "we'll just patch it post launch" mentality.
>Raise prices by 10 bucks to reflect this
This will just lead to more pirating

90s games were usually complete at launch and didn't come with mountains of DLC. Baldur's Gate 2 gave you more content than several modern AAA games in just one package.

I really don't care, $10 is not a big deal. I only buy 1 or 2 games at full price a year anyways

I wont be buying them

They had to actually manufacture them then. Now a 60gb game hosted on a server and downloaded once costs them about a penny.

Why should games be immune to inflation?

If it wasn't combined with huge amounts of microtransaction bullshit, that the $70 edition was the complete fucking game with all launch content and cosmetics and everything else with noting being cut from it to be sold in Deluxe, Gold, Ultimate etc.. editions AND PC players didn't have to subsidize proprietary console platforms who make developers pay a surcharge just to release on their shitboxes, I'd say that raising prices a small amount over decades to keep up with inflation and expanded development costs MAY be okay.

But we don't live in that world.

>Games are making more money than ever before
>All of Duty is one of the most profitable franchises ever due to how much money they make of the games
>"HURR DURR GAMES ARE EXPENSIVE TO MAEK WE NEED TO RAISE THE PRICE"

I have probably paid full price for 2-3 games in the past 20 years or so. I normally wait until games are 3+ years old before I even consider them. Won't have a huge impact on me.

Expensive. Good thing I won't be buying them anyway so they can charge $1000 for all I care.

>Paying for games
Couldn't be me user

Attached: 484082-pirate-pepe.jpg (837x1006, 140.99K)

long overdue. games have been 60 dollarydoos for decades while inflation continued. time for the price to catch up.

Thats total bullshit. Most games were 39.99-49.99 price range. Fucking zoomers.

>tfw only buy games when they're over 50% off

Attached: 1647885702984.gif (570x720, 3.16M)

Before: $0
After: $0
Not a significant change. Change in price is nothing compared to change in game install sizes. Someone needs to slap those lazy fucks until they can compress their bloat right but unfortunately it's beneficial for the publishers so they want exactly this.

It's kind of mystifying to me that games have been $60 for decades. It's kind of expected the price will raise with inflation, no? It's more surprising to me they didn't until now.

That would be mobile games
Candy crush makes more than all cods combined x10

>90s games were usually complete at launch
moron

>buying

Attached: Screenshot_20211208_232247.jpg (1080x772, 501.73K)

They can charge as much as they want. I switched to PC and am dropping consoles permanently. Even my switch has 0 use since you can emulate fucking everything with 60fps and fucking mods. I can't imagine buying games and consoles in this current climate. A fool and his money is soon parted

>some niggers think iits normal a game costing 70 dollars
Lmao, that’s why I pirate everything I can, and not just once. The more I make them lose money the better

>90s games were complete at launch

Wew lad Zoomers are stupid. Buggy as shit games that could never be patched certainly were not complete

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (1022x731, 642.76K)

He's probably thinking of cartridge games like the N64 which actually were that expensive

Attached: DhcX-QGUwAAuRjI.jpg (959x1200, 440.4K)

>nintendo
Garbage

Jesus fucking Christ you faggot no they weren't, you clearly were born in 2000. Final Fantasy VI was $90 Chrono trigger was $90 Earthbound was $90

Never gonna pay for it. I never pay full price for video games, neither should you.

Hey at least it's not Square Enix triple dipping on Sony money + Ebin Store money AND pricing their schlock at 80 euros = 70$. And it's not like Activision has anything even remotely worth buying at any price.

most currently released games aren't worth the time, not to mention $.

But you could also get those games for a week for $5 renting

CoDpiggies deserve to get milked.
Honestly, they should have double the price. They would have made way more and people would have eaten it up.

>$70
>lol it's actually more because tax
Why don't Americans include tax in prices?

>What are your thoughts on $70 games?

We've been getting this for a decade now looking at how many games blatantly cut content to sell it as DLC

>Retards here wonder why games as a service are becoming more popular when they do shit like this

You can still rent console games today. I get most of my games through Gamefly

FPBP

Indifferent. Only boring ass AAA focus-tested normie garbage is $70

that ad was a scam, I used to buy games at toysrus before gamestop appeared and games did not cost that.

some nintendo games did, due to them being on cartridge though

Because sales tax varies by state and some states don't have sales tax. I wish faggot europeans would stop talking about the US like they actually know anything about it

You know nothing will change. They'll still charge dlc the same prices and have the same microtransactions. The only difference is that the base game will be 10 bucks more.

PC, series s, ps5 digital are popular

Yeah, I loved having to buy SF2 every 6 months at full price just got a small update.

>Paying the toys r us tax
Games at toys r us were something like 20 dollars over the asking price anywhere else. Hell, even action figures were some extra 5 bux over local stores. My parents always complained when we asked to go there.

>he thinks voting with his wallet will ever have an impact on industry trends
GaaS, DRM, Dumb terminal Gamepass streaming, mobile gacha etc. and marked up inflated 'legacy franchise'PC games are all here to stay

Attached: 1606466542752.jpg (1920x1027, 1.45M)

>some nintendo games did, due to them being on cartridge though
Which is exactly what I was saying - I only remember cartridge games ever being that expensive

You people buy CoD games?

Attached: 1633147383582.jpg (1239x1255, 142.76K)

PS2 games were $50 on launch

Prolly the same reason we brag about the "deals" we made at dealerships paying 5k under MSRP for an 88k f250 platinum then out the door tax title and licensing 95k. Our country is really really fucking stupid. People are paying 68 to 72 bucks for new games and digital only.

>Before GameStop appeared

Holy fucking zoomer. I'm genuinely tired of you underaged fucks pretending you were ever around during the 16bit era

Attached: funcloandStore.jpg (774x566, 104.88K)

Why do you have region based taxes? Might as well be different countries at this point.

>Faggot Californian has to pay sales tax and thinks the rest of the country does too

Louisiana. Close though. Close.

Not gonna do it. I can wait fir a sale. Not gonna do it.

CODfags deserve it.

Prices for games had dropped because they were on much cheaper cds

>decade old games stay the same retail price they were when they came out
>sells newer titles at $70 + tip + season pass too

Why do you think they're called the "United" States? States in the US have way more power over themselves than provinces in any other country.

>Louisiana

The California of the south

The US is an alliance of countries, more or less.

0 dollars? Sounds like a great deal to me!

Attached: c8d.png (710x674, 670.98K)

Yeah man. Now what about the other 45 States that have to pay sales tax?

We're called the united STATES for a reason. We are not a single nation, were a federation of states, each with their own goals, culture, and values. It's why we elect the president based on the amount of states they win instead of the popular vote

>Allready number 1 in steam topsellers.
God, i hate gamers

So is European Union but it isn't considered a country.

I don't like sales tax as much as the next guy but some states have sales tax in lieu of other taxes like income tax so I'd definitely pay sales tax over income tax

Games need higher quality to account for the price increase. At bare minimum, the games need to be at least as good in every single field as Witcher 3. Yes, I expect anything as good as Witcher 3 to be the bottom of the barrel. Yes, this is a perfectly valid expectation. I won't pay for a game if they keep churning out content that belongs in the ≤ $30 range. Make something that deserves the price increase, or don't ask for more money. Simple as.

Because it's a union dumb ass, not a federation

Canadian provinces have pretty much the same power
Actually more because they can unilaterally secede

Im not paying 70$ for a game, I barely buy games for 60$ as is

It's called inflation. Games have gone nearly 30 years without being subjected to it and retards thought it would last forever

>a whole store just for funco pops
>thinks that makes him superior

who's stupid enough to buy videogames? only retards that want to play multiplayer garbage.

That's fair. It's also easy to homestead here in LA and pay no taxes on your land. Hop over to TX and as inflation and the housing bubble implodes your property taxes skyrocket

Stop posting this utter horseshit. 70$ games were not that fucking common back then and even when they were they at least had the excuse of distribution costs

Came here to post this.