This is the fucking dumbest opinion I've seen in a long time (since that fucking Korean on Kotaku who demanded game...

This is the fucking dumbest opinion I've seen in a long time (since that fucking Korean on Kotaku who demanded game stories to be simple again). Imagine games were like that:

Replayability:
Imagine all weapons you get improve your power and/ or def, nothing else. All weapons would be boring, especially legendary gear.

Flavor:
Imagine you get... I dunno... a "Cursed Sword of the Inferno" or some shit and it does nothing. It buffs your power. Thats it.

Builds:
Imagine the whole point of your buff is buffing yourself, while the weapons drain your health, which then powers a spell or some shit. Nope. Your build is: You're stronger than someone else. That's it.

Yes, he's right, what A and what B is, isn't explained, so it can't be compared. But that's only because you're a casualfag who plays JRPG shit. Last time I've seen that was in like Dissidea or fucking BlazBlue. Shit opinions like that even get rewarded by thousands of people who are full retard. And this opinion right here, noone gives a fuck. Is that how my life goes?

Attached: FUm4ap0UEAE3GJM.jpg (1000x900, 112.04K)

I’m white

pic reminds of nioh
ah such a satisfying game for min/maxers

I'd rather take an actual noticeable upgrade than not.

I'm playing through it right now and yeah it's incredibly overwhelming at first the insane amount of possible effects, and all the different systems

>axes have 2 big stats and are for unga bunga builds
>swords have more interesting stats for in-depth builds

>Is that how my life goes?
Yes, yes it is. Especially when you have an opinion that's so wrong nobody will bother even arguing with you.

I'm sorry people want noticeable, simple, and to-the-point upgrades. We're playing video games, not D&D, take your autism back to

Attached: XIV WINS BB.png (1000x900, 456.19K)

Op is a faggot again. Clear upgrades over granular retardation that requires a secondary website and calculator to figure out if you should use it or not. I fucking hate OP so much.

autism, and not the funny kind

What the fuck? Am I really the only one who still knows how to play a fucking game instead of autoplay mobile shit? All souls-likes are basically like that.

Oh how would you now, you hack god mode into the fucking game you subhumans.

Attached: Caco Reaction.png (466x486, 101.67K)

+0.1% to dickweed skill when the moon is blue
Blue moon happens once for 5 minutes.
vs
+5 fire dmg

Tiny stat changes always lose to pure damage

I wouldn't say right is correct, but left is certainly shit. Stats should either be changes to mechanics or buffs on the order of 30%+ (depends what it's affecting). You should really be able to see and feel the difference between 2 things and stats should be such that they make things fun. There is no fun to be had with 1.2% more damage, or 0.7% faster cooldowns. Also levels and rarities are pointless bullshit that don't belong in MMOs or games like diablo / the division etc

Attached: file.png (570x598, 117.9K)

>Direct stat upgrades are mobile shit
Did you grow up exclusively on Wizardry and DOS games or some shit?

we did this yesterday

Attached: 1654711420926.jpg (1000x900, 159.62K)

>new armor
>it has higer defense than my current armor
>but it doesn't have as many enchantments as my current armor
>the game doesn't clearly say what armor does anywhere

Attached: 1634500146746.jpg (844x633, 169.39K)

>[Your favorite ability] has a chance to trigger twice.
More like this, fuck numbers

>plays a class that uses axes of ultimate dicksmashing
>picks anything but raw damage and str increases

Attached: 1253489721831.gif (223x126, 1011.07K)

Soulless

>bunch of text to make nerds feel smart
>still have item level anyway so higher level items are still upgrade

>No indication it has special stats
My favorite kind.

Attached: tredecim.jpg (460x92, 14.33K)

Granular autism is gay. Ah yes time to build my mage, mmmmm yes let's see the stats page

Mind
Intelligence
Knowledge
Intellect
Arcane
Wisdom
Strength
Robustness
Dexterity
Hardiness
Stamina
Endurance
Vigor
Vitality
Blah
Blah
Blah

Mmmm yes I'm tottaly going to read up on these and not just Google "big dick fireball chucker build"

>New faces
sovl

Chance of being white decreased by 95%.

I agree with you 100%

This
Stuff that resets the cooldown or makes it for free or makes me a god for a short period

Based. finally some soul is coming back to Any Forums

The simple way is the OG, the other way is neo-Any Forums reddit-tier garbage.

>souls-likes
KYS nigger
actual souls games feature simple damage/scaling upgrades

But XIV is a dead game

>Reset your cooldowns if you do [THING]
Fucking kino

No. Monster Hunter, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Elden Ring, Diablo 3, shit that's not hard to understand.

The complaints in OPs post is shit I've merely seen in JRPGs or Fighting Games, which never show or explain any stats, so that guy is obviously some Genshin casualfag who barely knows games.

I ask you, are YOU people in this thread autists, DOS-tards or whatever, because you actually read too much into that pic?
You're not meant to analyze those fucking stats, but think about what it means when ALL weapons in a game does nothing but improve your damage. Everything would be the fucking same, what's the point of playing than?

Yes I know, I'm too old to understand you Zoomer mobile gamers, but I'm disappointed thats not the basic opinion. Maybe I'm some fucking alien in an ocean of retards. But holy shit isn't that game design 101 that you give equipment different up and downsides so you build your character around it, or find away to nullify the negative effect?

Holy shit the most casual hack n slay RPGs are like that!

I’m confused. Where are the frogs and wojacks?

lol

Attached: 1636596709540.png (1249x1249, 1.64M)

The item on the left has no personality, the item on the right does. Also, I wish randomly generated stats on items would go away.

Yes exactly! Thats what western games usually do instead of the shit in example A. If it doesn't, the game you play is either Asian or crap, or both. Especially with that S to E rank shit.

fixed

Attached: 1654711420926.jpg (1000x900, 141.08K)

>autist thinks others are more autistic
Peceptible damage increase is better than unknowable minor stats.. but as has already been said many times before, mechanical changes are better than both.

>50% more damage than my old axe
How much damage did his axe have, Any Forums?

You forgot the fact that you'll have to go find some online forum to figure out what buffs stack, how they stack, and if there is a maximum since the game doesn't tell you.

Depth in character stats and their development is great, but the weapon on the left is why I just can't really enjoy Grim Dawn. I like the gameplay and the concept and all, but each piece of gear is like some kind of barely comprehensible tablet from a lost civilization I have to spend half an hour deciphering before I know whether or not I should wear it or scrap it.

And don't fucking tell me to go online and find build guides or whatever, because that shit is for braindead faggots.

Thats not the point. The point is that the guy doesn't understand what his weapon does so he wants dumbed down shit. I understand that I don't know why the fuck damage B is better than damage C. But I understand that +2% is still fucking better than nothing and an improvement.

So you want to play for 3 hours to get your ultra rare fucking weapon that gives you +100 damage? OH WOW how interesting. Such flavor. Such a great weapon.

If I wanted that I play Rock Paper Scissors, or fucking King Tut with some immigrant.

>what's the point of playing than?
... Having fun? Are you actually retarded?
>Yes I know, I'm too old to understand you Zoomer mobile gamers, but I'm disappointed thats not the basic opinion. Maybe I'm some fucking alien in an ocean of retards. But holy shit isn't that game design 101 that you give equipment different up and downsides so you build your character around it, or find away to nullify the negative effect?
You're sperging out over fucking numbers on a screen being "too simple", you are literally /autistic/.

Attached: a based man.png (750x410, 81.59K)

if your point was to not focus on the nippon-tier buffs then don't make them so fucking small

No, I mentioned that games can be shit like that, but it depends on the game. If properly explained, thats still better than "Its better because lol its stronger". Why would I play an RPG or Adventure then? Thats fucking CoD logic. Thats the shit you buy via micropayment, that thing that does 100 more damage than everyone else's.

No frog and wojak? I'm literally shaking rn, fr fr