MMOs

The only thing that can fix the genre is full loot PvP sandboxing.

Attached: Legitimizing Botting and RMEs.png (800x600, 32.02K)

Bottling and RMT is bad you chink. It inflates the game’s economy and makes everything worthless and cheap

full loot pvp doesnt prevent botting or RMT
see: eve online

Man if only there were MMOs that had this.
Oh wait. Ultima Online was this and died thanks to Trammel. You are so smart.

>full loot PvP sandboxing
Guaranteed way to kill a game right out of the gate. It's not financially viable for a company to cater to a handful of poopsockers that live to gank people.

>Bottling and RMT are bad you chink.
What nationality are you? I'm white.

>It inflates the game’s economy and makes everything worthless and cheap
Have OK drop rates.

>full loot pvp doesnt prevent botting or RMT
That wasn't really suggested.

>Man if only there were MMOs that had this.
>Oh wait. Ultima Online was this and died thanks to Trammel. You are so smart.
It launched in 1997.

>Guaranteed way to kill a game right out of the gate. It's not financially viable for a company to cater to a handful of poopsockers that live to gank people.
That's not a gameplay / popularity-potential argument.

Attached: Playstyles.png (800x600, 37.18K)

Botting and real-money trading is a symptom of a badly-designed game.

Not an argument.

Is that an excuse you make when you're confronted with people who are smarter than you/work harder than you?

Every single retard says this same shit, and yet NOBODY ever plays the full loot PvP MMOs, fuck off

yeah surely having your game's pop 90% bots is good for the game

>full loot PvP sandboxing
Are you that autist that moans about The Good Ol' Days of MMOs in every MMO thread? It's this specific period of time for MMOs that gets wistfully brought up and I know it's one person, guy's been called on it before and deflects with more "debate me" requests.

Rust and ARK (an MMO because of being able to visit any server with your items) are two of the most played games on Steam.

Other full loot PvP MMOs aren't even usually made or available. List three.

You're appealing to extremes.

>Are you that autist that moans about The Good Ol' Days of MMOs in every MMO thread?
No.

What's the relevance of your response; which MMOs?

Attached: Hungers are associated with energy homeostasis, cholinergic-dopaminregic rewards, neurotrophy, and even rewards from alcohol..png (800x600, 22.12K)

Yeahhh it's you.

I don't go in a bunch of threads and talk about old MMOs.

>OP wants the last MMOs to turn into Tibia
OP is BR.

MMOs are shit games. They were the cradle of everything that ruined gaming nowadays. Live service subscriptions, micro transactions, corporate greed, etc.
One could say "w-what about Oblivion horse armor!!!" But MMOs were doing that shit way before. Plus where was the horse armor type shit in Skyrim? Only the Special Edition had micro transactions.

>>Man if only there were MMOs that had this.
>>Oh wait. Ultima Online was this and died thanks to Trammel. You are so smart.
>It launched in 1997.
Is this the equivalent of "it wasn't real communism"?
the only thing bots do is enrich the bot operators

How about questing system that isnt "Kill 3 wolves" , "Collect 3 Wolf Hides" , "Talk to NPC"?

there are two situations an MMO can be in
1. There is no way to buy in-game money, you can only generate in-game money by playing the game

2. The company that makes the game allows you to pay real money to obtain money in-game in some manner

in situation 1. botting is not beneficial because it allows someone to have money without having to spend time playing the game, which inflates the game's economy meaning people who DONT bot won't be able to buy things with normally-obtained money

in situation 2. botting will never be allowed because the game creators have "monetized" being able to pay to skip playing the game to earn money. botting essentially reduces the demand for in-game money that people would pay real money for if they get annoyed. The inflation argument is also still there, but the devs have completely ignored that issue because people can now create money from nothing by just paying real life money, which also inflates the economy of the game a shitload.

In short, botting fucks up the game in the exact same way that allowing buying in-game money with real-life money does. If you eliminate the work to obtain money, inflation of the game's economy is imminent. This is why games with conversion from real money to in-game money, like EVE Online, the devs try to blow up lots of in-game money by encouraging ships to be destroyed and fighting to reduce inflation due to less available in-game money in general. It's an alright solution I guess.

I already mentioned that I'm white.

>MMOs are shit games.
You didn't list a gameplay reason.

>They were the cradle of everything that ruined gaming nowadays. Live service subscriptions, micro transactions, corporate greed, etc.
Subscriptions are OK; the games are usually updated with content.

MTXs are often garbage: in subscription games; really invasive; expensive -- but they're OK.

>One could say "w-what about Oblivion horse armor!!!" But MMOs were doing that shit way before.
Any examples of first implementations, another genre vs. an MMO?

My main point was that barely anybody played any online game then; who cares if an MMO was popular? If you can, list a recent example.

>How about questing system that isnt "Kill 3 wolves" , "Collect 3 Wolf Hides" , "Talk to NPC"?
[Image].

Attached: SDT Theory.png (800x600, 12.83K)

I wonder who is behind this post

You have no idea what you are talking about and probably think WoW was the first successful MMO. Unironically shut the fuck up, child.