Splinter Cell

I want to get into this series since I'm in the mood for stealth kino. What am I in for and whats the best way to play them? Emulation? I know one of them got a port on steam but it got really bad reviews

Attached: SplinterCellCover.jpg (590x702, 84.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVeDsTsJypQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ubisoft games go on sale almost as often as the sun shines on xbox. Those are the best versions of the games too.

The PC ports are fine. The only thing you need to know about em is that Pandora Tomorrow has to be pirated and you need a fan patch for it to work. Really though, you could probably get away with just playing Chaos Theory, the other two are good, but Chaos Theory is so much better that it makes the rest of the series feel pointless. Don't play anything after Chaos Theory, they ruin the characters and the gameplay.

I was gonna start at one and play through them chronologically. I actually did play Conviction back in the day and thought it was fun especially with the coop. But I do understand the gripes with it since its more action rather than stealth. Other than that I played a little of the double agent one on ps2 I think. Isn't the ps2 double agent and one on Xbox really different or something?

the splinter cell games on ps2 and the splinter cell games on xbox are for the most part the same, but the graphics on the ps2 version are far worse and some rooms and locations are cut out. if you're not playing the game on xbox or pc then you're not playing it right.

>Emulation?
kys

Honestly, I would start with Pandora Tomorrow. It's a great game and reuses some characters in the next game. If you think it looks too dated, then just start with CT then I guess, it has aged like fine wine (except for the faces). PT needs a patch, youtube can help you with that.

Just play Chaos theory and then maybe the sequels you are interested in. It's a big franchise and even if you're an enthusiast I'm not sure its worth playing every game.

Chaos theory for traditional stealth and sensibilities. Conviction for a slight twist on stealth if you didn't get enough.

So 1 can be safely skipped?

the fucking split jump that was in every single piece of marketing only actually happens about once a game what the fuck

fuck no, anyone telling you to skip, especially all the way to Chaos Theory is a fucking chud waffle

First 4 games all on PC or Xbox if you have it
PS2 and GC versions of first 4 SC games are crap
With Double Agent go for the Xbox/PS2 version

Blacklist is second best game in the series

I think so it feels much more linear and trial and error
The first two games are mediocre at best, Chaos Theory is where the series really came into its own

just play chaos theory on pc with a resolution patch/mod

no
fucking kill yourself
you god damn faggot

Double Agent is a different game on PS2/Xbox than PC, yes, it's better but it's still not that great.

>tfw no more good stealth games
Fuck

Anyone played the handheld Splinter Cell games? The GBA ones were decent side scrollers and I somehow completed SC on DS even though it looked like absolute shit
Tried a bit of essentials but PSP's lack of second analog stick made the game almost unplayable

youtube.com/watch?v=nVeDsTsJypQ

Gloomwood's demo was great so I'm holding out hope for that. The genre is mostly dead though yeah, fucking sucks

You sound mad

Try Intravenous, it's Hotline Miami but stealth, but story is nothing to write home about.

If we get OP to buy the games that might tip the scales for a sequel.

1 is a great game, but the others are simply improvements. If you ended up thinking CT was a masterpiece you could go back and play the first one and enjoy it

Don't listen to this guy

Listen to this guy

First SC was great for its time despite its linearity, PT feels like it was made by a clearly different team than the first one

Also don't forget that there is a mission pack with 3 extra missions for Xbox and PC

people that are telling you to skip 1 and 2 are retarded
sure, they are not as good as CT but still, there are no other games like OG Splinter Cell in the market, if you're a stealth fan then it's a no brainer.
Splinter Cell 1 has an underrated soundtrack that is actually better than CTs (which is fantastic as well) in creating the "you are not supposed to be here" vibe
You should also play Double Agent (Version 2), ideally the Original Xbox version which is pretty much Chaos Theory reskinned with a new gimmick
I recently replayed them as a collection on PS3, pandora tomorrow had shitty framerate but other than that it was good, the ports are actually PC/Xbox versions and include quicksaves
>commercially and artistically

>PT feels like it was made by a clearly different team than the first one
It was, it was made by Ubisoft Shanghai while the 1 and CT were made by Ubisoft Montreal

Yeah I know, that's what I was talking about, it felt more like a full length expansion than a proper sequel though it introduced some cool moves.