Elden Ring Lore Thread

Reading in between the lines for lorelets
Episode 1, Gideon Doesn't know fucking shit:

>A Tarnished cannot become a Lord. Not even you.
>A man cannot kill a god...
>That we continue to struggle. Unto eternity.

>The fallen leaves tell a story.Of how a Tarnished became Elden Lord.
>Sword wrought from the remains of a god who should have lived a life eternal.
>And my promise to Q-queen Marika... Use my masterpiece to slay a god.

Gideon is a lorelet, he is demonstrated to be wrong at every occasion and nothing he says should be taken at face value. He is completely clueless and should be ignored.

Attached: eb.png (397x531, 229.9K)

Can anyone give me the QRD on Zanzibart? Why does he need to forgive people??

a guy posted this a couple of threads ago. anything else use dulled glintstone in this game? whys it dulled?

Attached: dulled glintstone.jpg (1500x2560, 924.6K)

Why are there Black Knife Assassins near Haligtree?

Can someone explain to me everything about Marika and her treason?

Also, could Malificent become as strong as Malenia after the bloom?

Why some npcs say that Radahn was the "mightiest demigod" if Malenia is far stronger than him?

Gideon is one of those nerds in High School that tries to look smarter than he is to impress people, but just cones off as pretentious and when pressed for actual facts, it's basically vomiting out wikifacts without context

Episode 2: Marika is a whore

>My Lord, and thy warriors. I divest each of thee of thy grace.
>Then, after thy death, I will give back what I once claimed.
First two Marika churches in the game.

>Shaken by this turn of events, they are busy consulting the Greater Will.
After you can't break into the Erdtree after beating Morgott. Fingers shit themselves as they have no idea what's going on and thought they were acting on behalf of the GW and not Marika.

>Who would dare put you up to such a task?
>Most certainly not the Fingers!
finger reader right before going up the lift to mountaintips

This game makes it crystal clear that Marika owns the grace and is controlling everybody, you are literally her pawn in the non FF and Ranni endings

>A war leading to abandonment by the Greater Will.
Intro
>"But the Greater Will has not abandoned the realm, nor the life that inhabits it."
Transcribed words from the fingers from Enia, after gaining a great rune

Doesn't make sense huh?

The fingers are idiots and are clueless, Marika planned EVERYTHING and you are just carrying it out. She is behind the whole thing and Radagon is trying to stop her.

The tree also chucks out seeds, as it wants a new tree to grow:

Golden Seed
>When the Elden Ring was shattered, these seeds flew from the Erdtree, scattering across the various lands, as if life itself knew that its end had come.

I do not know what the EB or Radagon's angle are, but mending the elden ring is evidently Marika's victory condition, any ending that isn't Ranni or FF is her winning in her twisted vainglorious way.

>"Confer Great Runes to become Elden Lord, and join Queen Marika as her consort."
This was always the goal.

Malenia had to use Rothax to beat Radahn. In 1v1, Radahn was wrecking her

cont.
>Radagons rune is sealing the tree as well
You are a pawn, moving against the GW.

Attached: burn-thorns-door-elden-ring.jpg (800x450, 43.92K)

>the only other dulledsdasdasd
this is fanfic

in 1v1 was a stalemate

then she used the rot

Now, as a goddess, she is the most powerfull being in the game

>Now, as a goddess
3rd bloom fags pls go and stay go

Any reason that thing the Elden Beast does in its cutscene is kind of similar to these panels? Just spooky space stuff, or is it some Japanese thing in particular?

Attached: miguel.jpg (1115x1600, 654.41K)

Lets not talk about the lore of the game

i have to in an argument on the internet

XD

Episode 3:
Radahn conquers fate:

He goes to Sellia to learn magic for his horse, but after he learns his first spell he gains more ambitions and pre-empts to conquer them:
>"I thank you for your tutelage, for now I can challenge the stars."

1)
>What remains of a passing flash of starlight.
>If the stars command our fates, then amber-hued stars must command the fates of the gods.

>Once upon a time, the stars of the night sky guided fate, and this is a recollection of those times.

2)
>During the age of the Erdtree, Carian astrology withered on the vine. The fate once writ in the night skies had been fettered by the Golden Order.

3)
>They read fate in the stars,
>But alas, the night sky (no longer) cradles fate.

>Large hat with the movements of the stars drawn on the inside of the brim.
>a fact that the Carians remain aware of. Even if their fate has been (long severed) from the stars.

Why he does this is entirely up to speculation, it can either be accidently through saving Sellia as they fucked up an summoned and Astel:

>Forbidden sorcery of Sellia, Town of Sorcery.
>Originally a lost sorcery of the Eternal City; the despair that brought about its ruin made manifest.

Or it could be to stop fate deliberately:
>Let me explain. The fate of the Carian royal family is guided by the stars.
>But General Radahn is the conqueror of the stars.

Where he stands on the GO vs anti-GO is entirely up to whether this cut content line is still canon:

>The Elden Ring. O Elden Ring.
>Its gold commanded the very stars,
The GW could control stars and then sent them to dictate fate or destroy it's star-bastard enemies and Radahn didn't like this so he conquered them, this would mean he was in the second siege protecting Rykard

If it ISN'T canon then that means Radahn conquered them by proxy for the Golden Order and is the biggest GO shill to ever live and likely participated in the first siege with Godefroy

Attached: 0ba73391bae3fa8794c4b49756b4289933473ac5_2_1000x1019.jpg (1000x1019, 102.29K)

Add that she wants Godfrey to kill (You), look at the grace before bossfight. Tarnished is a disposable pawn and will be stripped from the grace and booted from the throne once Marika will wake up

What do you think of how Blaidd calls Radahn a traitor after he's dead? Would that imply reasoning on Radahn's part or is that Blaidd just not seeing the bigger picture?

>pest threads
God of Rot was here
Greater Will sucks my cock

>will be stripped from the grace and booted from the throne
The Tarnished literally just killed a God, a God that beat up Marika and was the Elden Ring. She's in no state to threaten the Tarnished.

>Long ago, great lords served the scarlet rot. Perhaps such fungal bodies served as their crowns.
greater will won, rot lost. your great lords are dead and youre stuck in a lake. cope.

This God is dead and Tarnished is dependant on Marika's grace. There is no way to control the bitch anymore, except maybe Goldmask's rune

>please ignore what the game directly tells us and use my schizo head Canon instead because a knowledgeable character once went through a mental breakdown

Sorry, no dice.