4 months after release

>4 months after release
>No one is talking about KOF XV

It's over, kofbros

Attached: 3.jpg (1295x720, 231.23K)

This game is a clear example that having rollback is the bare minimum.

The gameplay is great and the netcode is decent, but the game lacks in some other ways as a video game.

>This game is a clear example that having rollback is the bare minimum.
We learned that with Melty Blood already

KOF has never been bigger and tournaments are getting better and better. The only major issues are the over priced DLCs/shit single player and matchmaking. The netplay is fine and the game has gotten better/more varied after the patch besides Krohnen everywhere.

Ahem, FUCK THE FGC

Oh shit you're right

It's pretty big by KOF standards, but the lack of crossplay and matchmaking issues stifle its growth.

>wah needs online wahh needs online wahh needs online. No not that online I’m gonna shit myself extra hard now!
I hate you faggots so much.

KOF does pretty well outside of America.

It's too complex for the smooth brain Americans and on top of you need to learn 3 characters minimum in order to play. The game is just not made for the American.

Attached: 374848293.jpg (472x649, 36.64K)

Hopefully they add crossplay because even Arksys is doing so with Strive and they can barely do anything technically right. But the matchmaking is just something they don't seem to care about fixing. Its a shame but atleast online works itself.

>But the matchmaking is just something they don't seem to care about fixing
They actually dropped a poll on steam about the matchmaking, so I guess they're looking in to the problem right now.

>single player content STILL lacking
>this is after snk already being three games in to their nusnk 3d era
>reduce roster from previous game where fanboys promise it's "easier to balance than 50 characters", neverminding it'll surpass that many with dlc anyway, you just get to pay extra for it
SHATTER ALL EXPECTATIONS

Attached: kofxv ambitious.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

The online is fucked and on Xbox it's not on last gen so the playerbase is incredibly small. If any game needs crossplay, it's this.

Not necessarily related to KoF but how do fighting games get corporal approval nowadays? I don't even play any of this shit and I still get a strong feeling that most of these games are made expendable now, like sure there's always the holdouts that'll only play that one type of game, SF fans will only play SF, GG fans will only play GG... but really there's a main crowd of fighting game hoppers and they hop from game to game as they come out, from tekken to street fighter to soul calibur to fighterz to crosstag to samsho to mk11 to doa to uniel to granblue versus... the crowd'll just hop and hop and hop and if you don't have a big brand backing your game when they hop off your flavor of the month, your game is basically dead, there's no point in supporting it past that.
Hey let's make another one of those, we'll release it three years down the line and perpetuate the cycle, like how do you sell this shit to a bunch of shareholders over and over again? Wouldn't it be better to just work on new IPs or do some alternative stuff with your existing ones?

Attached: 6643370520287.png (94x33, 1.96K)

Fighting Games are actually easier to nickel and dime the customers long term.

Guilty Gear is more complex, I think the answer you're actually looking for is that KOF is too mechanically demanding, especially for the regions that didn't have it prominent which is pretty much most of the west.
That being said they don't really have an excuse now, if they're willing to put up with fucking Strive of all things.

>Any Forums isn't constantly shitposting about KOFXV
oh no the horror
I was really hoping we'd get some of those quality SF6 threads where everyone talks about censorship.

Attached: DK7jUj4XUAAjgqs.jpg (932x936, 79.38K)

There just isn't really anything to shitpost about KOFXV outside of matchmaking, and graphics, hell you don't normally see webms of KOF in general unless it's the one with an Ash Crimson player getting destroyed by a Claw Iori combo with x100 less effort than the install autism Ash was doing.

Strive is a baby game tho.

>fighting game
what did you expect?
it's a niche genre

Strive is a baby game but it has more mechanics to account for than KOFXV does, the key difference is that Strive doesn't demand execution, whereas KOFXV requires some semblance of execution skill.

>There just isn't really anything to shitpost about KOFXV outside of matchmaking, and graphics
That's why they started becoming the best fighting game threads on Any Forums. The vultures don't have much to latch on to anymore, hell they have to bring up fucking strive and SFV here all the time just to bait someone to getting into a shouting match.
The only thing that could be better is if we had consistent people make lobbies here, but let's be honest most people actually playing kof have their own circles and don't need to beg Any Forums for games.

Attached: 1628000682313.jpg (552x606, 50.6K)

That game was doomed to die by virtue of its trash system mechanics.