>One of the most iconic games on the 3ds
Bravely Second
>Perfected the first game's gameplay formula
>Story isn't as good as the first, but it's still pretty good regardless
>Characters are pretty good
>Reuses the same world from the first game
Bravely Default 2
>Gameplay is still pretty fun, but way too easy
>Missing some quality of life features that previous games had, like auto-battle
>Unpolished; sometimes the game takes a moment to recognize an input
>Very bland and boring characters, the only one that was mildly interesting was Elvis
>Story is boring
They dropped the ball hard with Bravely Default 2 imo. How I would rank the games is Bravely Second > Bravely Default >>>>>>>>>>>> Bravely Default 2

Attached: 1-bravelydefaulttitle.jpg (696x554, 266.89K)

I dunno man. Look at these ratings.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 18-12-17 Bravely (franchise) - Glitchwave.png (746x406, 64.22K)

I mean, what do you expect from a basic bitch JRPG literally called "Bravely Default"?

I will never forgive the difference between teaser trailer Magnolia and canon Magnolia. I WANTED A COOL ONEE-SAN GOD DAMN YOU SQUARE ENIX.

You could smell the stink of covid all over BDII. I wanted to like it but it fell apart like ~15 hours in and lacked all of the great QoL changes Bravely Second brought to the table. Also it's bestiary was SOULLESS, I loved how everybody commented in Yew's journal about stuff.

Wish they'd localize some of the gacha shit (remember that browser game?) so I could at least pick up new lore tidbits.

Attached: baal buster.gif (214x223, 2.45M)

I love how broken some job combos are. The ghost-mages in bravely second were amazing.

I don't care how good the sequels are; the fact that Bravely Default's endgame (Chapters 5 through 8) involves repeating the same content four more times to get the true ending makes me pretty sure I don't want to play any more of it.

Attached: 1597722378020.jpg (640x640, 75.27K)

The name is really stupid.

Disagree with
They swing the writing too hard in the goofy direction compared to the balance of goofy and serious in the first game, found most of the scenes intolerable as a result.
>Bravely Default 2
>Gameplay is still pretty fun, but way too easy
No, the difficulty is the least of it's problems. It actively introduced many anti fun measures compared to previous games instead of fine tuning the balance on what already worked. Equipment weight was lame because they made stronger equipment get too heavy too quickly, made progression feel like shit. RNG based counters on bosses and enemies was a putrid idea in execution. Turn order change from party to individual was passable at first glance but once you realize how much it fucks with buffs it becomes a terrible idea. Second was a harder game so you can't even say that all these aggravating changes served to make a better challenge.

KILL FAIRY

Attached: df0hgjl-06064edf-d27d-431b-ba50-d54ee6efd17f.png (1571x1984, 2.55M)

FILL FAIRY

Attached: jar color.jpg (1024x707, 227.23K)

Attached: Airy's_faliure.png (827x687, 633.31K)

Me on the right.

Fucking retard doesn’t use the built in mechanic to turn off encounters entirely.

>just beat the game 10 times to get true ending bro
I refuse to call any game good that pulls off this shit.

LITERALLY just awaken the crystals user!!!

Attached: reeee.gif (89x163, 492.53K)

Wow, there was a "skip the repetitive boss rush that makes you have to complete the Wind Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, and Earth Temple four more times each" mechanic? How did I miss that?

Attached: fuck outta here.jpg (718x767, 371.7K)

More like censored default

I don't see it. Every line in BD1 flaunts its superiority over other JRPGs.

>people bitching about the chapter 5-8 loop when it's narratively relevant
If this game came out 10 years earlier the same people would be jizzing themselves and calling it "kino" and "soul" because old games get a pass for obnoxious stuff like this.

I don't think BD2 was that bad. The enemies having specific counters was a little annoying at times, but every Brave game has been super easy to break and be overpowered during. I at least admire that they tried to do something to have you change up your strategy here or there. It could use some more work in future games, but the groundwork is there.
The story had some good individual stories. The forest town and the snow town were both pretty decent. The game's major flaws in the story was a very slow start, having the final empire being incredibly short and not a full chapter for them, and bait and switching the final boss so they could try and have a more epic ending. With just like 5-6 more hours of endgame story stuff so it didn't feel so rushed and I think it would have been a good game.

I think the characters in BD2 were very strong, especially compared to Second.

the two romances work, Gloria is my favorite iteration of combat princess ever. Seth is Tiz+personality and has the best character theme of all 12. Though its painfully obvious when the rona' struck the game's production. personally i feel that 2's biggest flaw is just how toothless and unthreatening the Night's Nexus is. Edna and Adam were the perfect level of threat for their respective roles imo. Though the blueballing with that airship

the trick is only chapter 5 is a copy. 6 has the fight with Yulyana and Tiz telling Agnes about Airy, 7 dials up the difficulty when Omnias Crowe summons Bahamut, and 'Girl Power', and 8 has them forming meta teams to try and stop you

>Edna
So they never spelled it out but this bitch's problem was that the first person chucked off the cliff for consorting with fairies was her friend if not lover, right?

BD2 is full of questions with no solid answers. It would be forgivable if it were a cooler game, but it's not.

I thinnk so. Also Seth was the dude that was hanging out with the fairy that eventually became the Night's Nexus. Game really needed more time or a post content patch or something

ball buster

>with the fairy that eventually became the Night's Nexus
It wasn't a fairy, but a princess of Musa that was hanging out with them gaining knowledge. That's why Musa takes it upon themselves to go up to bat when it's time to refresh the seal. But yeah, NO ANSWERS in regards to Seth's deal, just implications as solid as vapor.

I want Holly Whyte to step on me