So you guys don't like achievements?

The new word on the street is that you guys hate acheivements now...why? It's fun to take on these challenges. To know that the dev set them in place and to have that confirmation that they can be accomplished like taking no damage or finding all the easter eggs. You guys seriously dont find that fun? It adds replay value and therefore stretches your money more

Attached: unknown.png (900x507, 650.64K)

i've always hated achievements because a lot of the are grindy bullshit

Challenges are fine. Beating a game using only the starting weapon or something that makes a player go out of their comfort zone can be fun... 99% of achievements are wasted with
>Beat the tutorial.
>Beat the first mission
>Beat the second mission
>Collected a powerup.

That or they go way too far with the tedium.
>Collect every * (In a massive game with no ingame reward)
>Win 10,000 matches (On a game DOA)

or crap that is way too luck based.
>Unlock Everything! (With only lootboxes/slotmachine[fucking lost planet 2] that can give duplicates)

>now

I don't mind them. Although, some achievements are just chores and are not fun at all - I completely ignore those type of achievements

They pop up on shitty times
>Playing Nier
>Somber moment
>BING BING BRONZE TROPHY
there should be 5-10 in a game not 50.

I'm indifferent to them I don't care enough about them to try getting all of them but I still average 60% per game anyway

I like them. They help to give you some guidance on certain games. Like colony builders or strategy games like Total War. If you're anything like me you'd just stick to the same faction, same winning strategy over and over again. But then there's achievements for trying out different strategies, achievements which set you up in certain types of situations, achievements for all sorts of factions you'd never think of playing.
I like to think that this sort of achievement design is the developers gently and invisibly guiding you along into exploring the game more thoroughly than you'd otherwise have. It's nice.

Attached: 7608289933571.png (939x872, 182.26K)

>Collect every *
That and online achievements are no fun

Attached: 1624925195291.png (809x457, 60.75K)

>start playing new game
>looked through achievement list while it was downloading
>beat first boss
>realize the achievement for beating it didn't pop for some reason
>replay boss fight
>still no achievement
>close game
I hate that I'm this way about cheevs. I'm not even a completionist either

They're ok but i only 100% games i love which is a small %. Completion autists are poor cursed souls but Gamerscore fags are human garbage. The kind that just buy shovelware with easy 1k gamerscore for $5. Also, imagine looking up guides to make sure there aren't missable achievements before just playing the game.

I like to take on the challenge, I don't want or need a shiny little badge to say I did the thing.I certainly don't need to see what shiny little badges my friends get either.
Switch not having achievements is a good thing imo, but I suppose having an option is best.

I never understood the hatred. You can turn notifications off and ignore them. Its a nice way to show who actually plays games. I wish game reviewer all had their profile visible

Before
>do a hard or unique thing in the game
>unlock a neat in-game item or setting you can play with
After
>do a hard or unique thing in the game
>no cool unlockable content, just a useless message saying that you did a thing

I don't hate them. But I'd rather have cool unlockables rather than meaningless gamer points.

I hardly care about achievements, I can count the games where I actually bothered with them on one hand.

I liked the splintercell achivos, rewarded you for trying to be stealthy

Achievements have always been memes.

Attached: 1606341363612.jpg (800x450, 32.86K)

They don't belong on the platform (that's just more abusive garbage - in-game or nowhere) and they don't belong attached to a non-main mode so a primarily SP game shouldn't have them attached to MP functions, for example.

I like when achievements are used as a "guide" to completing the game, being better at the game or that reward some silly actions, but nowadays it's usually time-wasting activities that are only realistically achievable through grinding or boosting, so that's a shame. Not to mention the market of easy platinum/1000G that developed because of people that care more about the trophy pop-in than the game.

Attached: 1654464144115.gif (200x200, 17.62K)

>You guys seriously dont find that fun? It adds replay value and therefore stretches your money more
Oh, and forgot to add it doesn't do this when they're on the platform.

You do them once and you're one and done.

But the real reason you should be replaying is because the game is fun, not because you can do random things that someone else told you to do.

I miss the old dashboard so much it's unreal