Roguelike is basically the lazy mans' RPG

Roguelike is basically the lazy mans' RPG.
There's a reason only Indie studios and unaffiliated developers make this garbage. It's when you want to make an RPG but don't know how to properly balance a game and can't be assed to learn so you literally just balance by buckshot. Throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks.
Oh, shit is too OP? Lmao bro it's supposed to be like that, you just got a lucky run bro.
Shit is so broken weak that it's physically impossible to do in "this run"? Lmao, it's supposes to be like that, you just got unlucky bro. This is a genre specifically made by inept devs for brain damaged players.
Prove me wrong.
Protip: You can't because anyone stupid enough to enjoy this genre has an IQ of 12 so will be too triggered to come up with a coherent argument and will have to resort to just insulting me instead.

Attached: 46ece-16347450450762-1920.jpg (1920x1200, 621.17K)

Retarded post.

the only real problem with this post is that you thought it was insightful

Nice bait sir. You deserve a bump for the try.

Double digit IQ Roguelike enjoyer, the fact I managed to predict your posts in advance just proves it.

roguelikes are trash but not for the reasons you described

What you posted are roguelites.

I love rougelikes.

These are not meant to be games of pure planning and execution. The randomness gives the game variety and unpredictability, which you have to adapt to in order to succeed. If in an RPG a strategy will always work, in roguelikes and roguelites, you'll have to learn multiple or even new ones as you play.
Sometimes you will get an OP run and will win. The challenge is to win consistently. As for weak runs, no roguelite I know of gives you RNG that is impossible to beat. It may be annoying, sure, but overcoming the odds to still win is satisfying. This method of difficulty gives the game unpredictability that is rare to see in other genres.

What you posted is autism.
It's all the same shit, but I get that roguelike retards have double digit IQ so you cannot comprehend an extra feature and immediately qualify it as a separate genre.
Just another proof the genre fanbase is made up of a gaggle of fuckwits.

I bought that game SYNTHETIK because of that sseth video where he advertised it and I have no idea what to do in it
I might be too stupid for roguelikes

>the genre fanbase
this is why your post is retarded
roguelikes aren't anyone's favorite genre
indie devs make better games when they rely on random generation and replayability

No matter how you word shit balancing it's just shit balancing. The fact you're just rephrasing what I said in the OP proves me right.

>Oh, shit is too OP? Lmao bro it's supposed to be like that, you just got a lucky run bro.
>Shit is so broken weak that it's physically impossible to do in "this run"? Lmao, it's supposes to be like that, you just got unlucky bro.
Vs.
>Sometimes you will get an OP run and will win. The challenge is to win consistently. As for weak runs, no roguelite I know of gives you RNG that is impossible to beat.

Very true; however, Noita.

This is the most baffling counter argument that I've seen. I literally gave you reasons why this style of design is beneficial in some ways, such as variety and unpredictability.
Yes, there is no consistent difficulty and if you find that to be a deal breaker then these genres aren't for you. However, other people enjoy them because you have to react and adapt to situations. Just like in any other game, you still have to learn some things about this game, such as how to make builds or how to defeat enemies, it's just that this randomness forces you to consistently think about each of these in different contexts.

This is why your post is retarded.
I never said roguelikes are anyone's favorite genres.
The fact you had to make up something I said to even be able to reply just proves the roguelike fans are literally brain damaged.
Indie devs make shovelware garbage, and roguelikes are the apex of that principle. A badly balanced game that requires the fan to find the parts that are balanced well enough to work.

What you gave me a rephrasing of criticism but trying to flip it as good, I just called you out on it. The only way this could baffle someone is if they have double digit IQ, which true enough is something we've established Roguelike players as so I guess you fit the mold.

Fighting games the lazy man's brat em up / action game
They basically contain 25 minutes at most (not counting cutscenes) of content and sell for full price because some autist will play it for 500 hours

>matter how you word shit balancing it's just shit balancing.
Show me a perfectly balanced game.

No because there isn't one. However my argument isn't that games other than Roguelikes have flawless balancing. But as expected of a double digit IQ roguelike enjoyer, you have to shift the goalpost. The problem is the second you switched from trying to make an argument to trying to get a "gotcha" you already lost.
The point isn't that "Roguelikes don't have perfect balancing" as you're trying to misrepresent my argument. The ussue is that the never even try to balance it because they're incapable of doing it at any level. So they create a bunch of shit and hope you'll RNG into something powerful enough to be usable.

These are not roguelikes and Hades is shit.

What's a good well-balanced RPG?

Alright, well, I can't say I've seen this type of discussion frequently, but I guess that's how you bait then.
If anyone wants to respond to my previous comments feel free, I like discussing roguelike/roguelite design. They're by no means perfect genres, but not for the reasons OP gives.

You see And You see

Damn nice essay. Not reading it but I love action roguelikes. Cope

Attached: Chapter_9.png (1500x2250, 740.55K)

Donu-t care didn't ask. Stay seething just because you got filtered.

Attached: 1608362993924.gif (647x534, 1.55M)

Case and point. Double digit IQ.

Roguelike is a game like Rogue. Turnbased, tilebased, turnable to ASCII, no progression between runs, åermadeth, randomized items, enemies and so on

Roguelite is the term you looking for. It can be any genre and dimåly uses some aspects of Roguelikes

You need a hobby that's not trying to get attention on Any Forums it's not healthy

Been discussed multiple times. See Double Digit IQ Roguelike enjoyers keep multiplying.

>There's a reason only Indie studios and unaffiliated developers make this
Yeah, everyone else is allergic to good gameplay nowadays.

this is such pathetic bait I can't help but think you're actually serious
next time don't blow all your material in the OP

They are completely fucking games. "Extra feature"? They only have a few things in common, it doesn't make them the same genre. I don't know what these games are, but they are not roguelikes at all

Already addressed you in the OP.
>Protip: You can't because anyone stupid enough to enjoy this genre has an IQ of 12 so will be too triggered to come up with a coherent argument and will have to resort to just insulting me instead.

Leave it to a retard to act like being called retarded is an insult.

Been addressed. See