Do I start with Yakuza 0 or Kiwami?

Do I start with Yakuza 0 or Kiwami?

Attached: 1561681370203.jpg (640x480, 28.67K)

not op but posting because same question

If you only play on playing one of them, Zero. If you want to play them all K1.
Don't play zero and then k1 right after.

Attached: 20211210175619_1.jpg (2560x1440, 476.22K)

Obviously start with the PS2 games since they have the most soul

if I start with Kiwami, when do I play zero?

This, the remakes are inferior to the originals in many ways.

Don't do this. Do download the music mods to add the proper PS2 music to the game though (2 minutes of work)

Attached: 20211210151615_1.jpg (2560x1440, 280.57K)

Look up release order

After you finish 6 or 7.

Attached: 20211124143757_1.jpg (2560x1440, 489.23K)

This. Even if games take place chronologically different, many times they're developed to reveal certain things in prequels that surprise you BUT only if you've had the context from the previous games that take place later in the timeline. If you play the games in chronological order as opposed to release order you'll get a more consistent story but you'll be robbing yourself of any intended twists.

Attached: 1326344978070.jpg (501x615, 47.95K)

If you only have access to modern consoles and don't want to emulate Yakuza 1 PS2, start with 0. Kiwami is sort of a retrofitted sequel to it with some of its side quests and combat system.

If you do have access to the PS2 version or want to emulate, Play Y1 PS2 first and then Y2 PS2. Combats rough, but I like how the series slowly evolves over time VS the drastic engine differences when you hit the later games.

Do not do this. Do not start with 0.
Only play 0 first if it's the only one you're gonna play.
This isn't true.
K1,K2,3,4,5,6,0,7

Attached: 20211116141238_1.jpg (2560x1440, 583.8K)

This. Original 2 is one of the greatest sequels ever made to anything. Kiwami 2 is just the shitty Yakuza 6 engine but with dorkier versions of Y2's cutscenes.

what an absolutely fucking retarded take
you start with 0

nobody agrees with this take, in 6 months when you go on Any Forums and talk about how you started with 0 you will be laughed off of this board

Hi, good evening. My name is Kazama Kiryu, i love water,stale bread and my Ojisan

you're the only fucking person who has this retarded fucking take and you post it in every single fucking thread, it's so autistically pathetic that it's almost admirable how hard you push it

Don't start with Zero. I started with Zero thinking I'd just play the one game, but then playing it made me want to play the rest, and I really wish I had saved Zero for later.
Start with Kiwami. Fuck whoever says to start at Zero.

I don't though. Maybe spend less time here and the stuff won't bleed together as much.

both are valid but 0 works better imo

kiwami
kiwami 2
7(if you really must, i'd skip this)

it's not rocket science

Don't do this. Don't start with 0. Also 7 is the best on in the series.

If you are going to play k1 and k2, start with 0.
If you are going to play the original ps2 titles instead, start with them.

If you start with 0 you'll miss all the references to previous releases.
Go in release order, if you can't play the PS2 originals the remakes are acceptable substitutes but they are worse in a lot of ways.

7 is the most boring yakuza game ever created

hateable protagonist, boring companions(aside from nanba), awful and sluggish combat that'll make you fall asleep

you start and stop at 0

The Kiwami games are both sequels to 0 and remakes. Both games have new content directly referencing and following up on 0. The only acceptable starting points are release order starting with the PS2 games, or 0 into the Kiwamis into 3-7. Release order gives you a smoother progression in quality and lets you understand references to the future in 0, but you'll be less likely to enjoy it right away. Starting with 0 will be more fun from the start, but then you'll realize most of the rest of the games aren't nearly as good and you'll probably be pretty disappointed with them.

Kiryu autism is borderline insufferable, at least Ichiban is funny.

Attached: 1644033647106.png (128x128, 31.76K)