Do you believe Nintendo games get scored higher than they deserve just because they're from Nintendo? Is so...

Do you believe Nintendo games get scored higher than they deserve just because they're from Nintendo? Is so, are there other game devs who are even guiltier of this?

Attached: Nintendo.jpg (640x360, 12.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S6TaJne2v9U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think they get a pass, if anything they get judged harder because they need to live up to their past highs.

ports on sony used to score higher than other ports of identical games
sony fans just have low standards

Maybe, Sony walking sims I think get an even bigger boost than the “Nintendo bonus”

No if that were related case then the last of us 2 would have lost to the baby game with animals that sound almost 6 times it's numbers only retards believe this shit

no

games like tropical freeze or splatoon scoring in the low 80s when absolute garbage like tlou gets perfect scores akshually makes them underrated if anything

Pretty much all AAA devs pay for reviews, some more than others.

I definitely believe that. Look at all the indie shovelware that gets more sales or points just for being on switch. Also how prased games like skyward sword were when none of the fans liked it

People attach a lot of nostalgic sentimentality to their games and they're some of the only console games nowadays that are explicitly marketed to kids, so I do think reviewers go easy on them. But I expect no integrity from any sector of games journalism, so whatever.

Nah I just think a lot of Nintendo games just have an ephemeral level of polish that's hard to put into words. Like I always think about how good the menu felt to use on the NES Classic as a good example of this. That's where the "bonus" comes from, even if it's a flawed game the score is a bit higher than the bare gameplay elements would justify on their own.
But you can see the opposite in the games that don't have that Nintendo polish, like Mario Golf Super Rush - they don't get any bonus at all.

Here's that comfy NES Classic menu btw:
youtu.be/S6TaJne2v9U

>Indie games often base themselves off old Nintendo games
>Nintendo fans therefore are more likely to enjoy them because it reminds them of things they already like

You have to consider that things are going to review differently based on peoples tastes. Something like CoD, Mass Effect, Deus Ex is going to resonate better on Xbox/PS more than it ever will with Nintendo's audience because desires and expectations are different between who's buying those platforms. The "bonus" you see is solely because of the game landing with a platforms audience better.

I think so yeah.
The sports games on Switch are the most obvious case.
But even the Switch itself is a good example of this.
It's still missing multiple basic features. Yet people still claim it's a good console.
Yes, the portability is nice and a there are a lot of good games. The Switch itself isn't good though.

I think game critics tend to try and give games scores that they think will align with the general public, like if a game is bound to be popular they'lll want to give it a good score because they don't want to put out an opinion that contradicts general opinion and then have everyone call them and their company retarded and challenging their review and all that. I think Nintendo has a lot of IPs that can be expected to hold up a certain standard of quality and a lot of game reviewers will give them positive scores because even if it isn't the most impressive game ever, it's unlikely that the general public will hate the new Mario or Zelda or whatever. One case that really solidifed it for me was when IGN gave Undertale a 10 months after it had already gotten huge, I like Undertale, but I do not believe that if Undertale was just a little indie game that never blew up in popularity that IGN would give it a 10, they might have not even given it a video review, as they hadn't when it came out. They gave it a 10 because they already knew it was loved and didn't want to shit on a beloved game, or that's what I think at least.

Yes but not just Nintendo. Pretty much every major publisher gets inflated scores.

Absolutely, they definitely are never given under a 70 even though they release dogshit unfinished games

>Do you believe Nintendo games get scored higher than they deserve just because they're from Nintendo?
Fuck no. If you look at the metacritic for their games the scores can go from the 90s to 60s.

It's not because it's Nintendo per se
It's because they can take a mediocre, incomplete game like Breath of the Wild and slap the world ZELDA on it and sell 25+ million copies

Attached: 1654704184344.gif (550x348, 93.79K)

Word*

>they definitely are never given under a 70 even though they release dogshit unfinished games

Attached: Screenshot_20220608-170333-316.png (720x627, 91.95K)

>IP didn't go up

>a mediocre, incomplete game like Breath of the Wild

lmao 6 years of seething

Attached: 20210426_144947.jpg (2806x2776, 563.23K)