It's not even the first visual novel to do ANY of it's gimmicks, not even close

it's not even the first visual novel to do ANY of it's gimmicks, not even close.
how the FUCK did it get so popular?

Attached: file.png (293x339, 161.1K)

shut up cracka ass!!

Well mostly because I love Monika

Attached: 1654202849626.jpg (2030x3609, 2.5M)

i dont know, but if you still enjoy doki doki literature subreddit even after dan salvato scammed thousands of poor saps like myself into spending 20 dollars for a free game, then you have to go back. what he did was so scummy it could only be topped by how scott benson and zoe quinn killed alec holowka

Attached: dokidokiliteraturesubreddit.png (480x450, 365.91K)

wacky meta bullshit is a staple of the genre, why is this one the most praised?
is it literally just because it's western?

Visual novels are in no way good and are significantly inferior to actual literature and video games
Thus it is no surprise it needs gimmicks and has to become trendy to become popular

>Like myself

Attached: 1654091341853.png (512x512, 214.21K)

It was free

because to only reason the first visual novel to do the same gimmick as DDLC was translated was because of DDLC

it was short enough to be enjoyed ironically

Was this Totono?

Something doesn't have to be completely original to be good. Hell, most things aren't original anymore

Because nobody cares about gook shit.

Attached: WvE.jpg (1673x644, 224.05K)

Because it was free.

Name the last original game you played

Attached: 1602474629286.png (500x460, 43.33K)

subnautica

yes

Attached: 1539140987951.jpg (1023x578, 218.5K)

you mean the survival-crafting "stop the funny hunger bar from getting to 0" game? yeah very fucking original

Probably Patapon, but that was a long while ago

you didn't play it

Marry Natsuki
Fuck Monika
Kill Yuri
Marry Sayori if Natsuki tragically passes and your mourning fades after so long.

Execution and other factors matter way more than originality. Always.
I didn't play this, but this is just a universal rule you can see in any concept whether it be media or military tactics or what have you.

You are right I didn't. But I'm still preeety sure I'm not wrong about the game being about survival crafting and keeping a bar full am I?

Because normalfags and streamers had a reason to play a weird anime girl game for a reason other than the reason most guys play them. For many, it was simply their first experience of anything like it, and so of course they fell head over heels in love with all the girls (for me, Sayori), and that emotion trumps everything else and sticks in people's minds forever.

Attached: carwash.png (1490x800, 2.08M)

PewDiePie played it.

western dev and free to play

you're judging a game you know almost nothing about by one mechanic that's irrelevant an hour in
it's okay to just stop responding

>Like myself

Attached: girls.jpg (1920x1080, 349.24K)

Free, short, approachable, but mostly because it doesn't have any fan service at all so normies could stream it to kids

it was already popular before he played it

Marry Sayori
Fuck Yuri
Kill Natsuki
Side-piece Monika to keep her appeased

It's also ok to admit that I'm right about the game not being original at all

>so normies could stream it to kids
What about all the murdering that happens? That's okay to stream to kids?

>free promotion from youtubers
>free game
>english original language
>not targeted at VN autists
Only VNs I've ever played were Katawa Shoujo and this one. That says enough about why this got popular.

Katamari Damacy

Even if that were the case, that's exactly the point the original post you responded to said

Yes in media murder is PG but tits aren't, this tendency is strongest in America, but it exists everywhere

Attached: 1647228480442.png (942x969, 645.63K)

golf story

i want to make monika morbidly obese and happy