Crowdfunding now nearly half a billion dollars

>crowdfunding now nearly half a billion dollars.
dude how did they convince people to drop this much money on something that was way past its original projected release date?

Attached: Star_Citizen_logo.png (286x347, 164.95K)

I don't think even the donators think of Star Citizen as a video game anymore. They might be spending just to spite all the doubters.

thats insane

their entier buisness model is now centered around expaning the scope. They know and the donators know that theyll never have a propper game. Just and endless stack of cards built without any real point.

No Man's Sky is better

the problem is that you gave an engineer several million dollars, and expected him to know what to do with all that money.

Its an actual cult now.
A fucking video game cult

Attached: 1323551080309.png (172x166, 33.79K)

It's the great video game scam of all time, I'm baffled people still support it.

What blows my mind is just how fake it all is too, video after video of CGI bullshit all over youtube, none of it is real. The "game" doesn't actually exist it's amazing how much fake footage is being pumped out.

Are you serious? There's plenty of content, I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment with the game already. Obviously it is nowhere near the promised scope but it's still a solid game even in this state.

>There's plenty of content, I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment with the game already.

lol, yeah okay mate. When's your next youtube vid out?

It's a shell corporation funding god knows what.

>SC isn't even real it's all CGI

Ah, finally the Anti-SC group have hit flat earth levels insane. Ignore the fact that you can right now go watch someone play it live or that just a week ago you could play it for free yourself. All false, all just pre-recorded footage.
This has got to be some sort of mental illness.

Nerdy tech people have more money than sense.

Attached: images (4).jpg (600x450, 15.49K)

this. fucking morons

Its "fun" for what it is. I enjoy how detailed the ships are and I enjoy hunting other players down as a bounty hunter. Just need gunplay within cities and I can finally have the space bounty hunter game I've always wanted.

>for what it is
You retard.

Brilliant, original thought here

Attached: 4a5.jpg (740x724, 81.58K)

You can log in and play the game now you ape

Funny enough, it was a Any Forums thread back in 2012 that convinced me to buy a starter pack on Kickstarter

I've talked to a lot of them, and it really is this. They are convinced SC is *this* close to being the greatest game ever created. There's always some single problem left to overcome - server meshing, physics grid separation, etc etc. It never ends.

No you can't.
Prove me wrong, post a webm or anything right here proving that you are actually playing the video game right now.

You won't.

Catn wait for 2016 when the game finally releases.

Attached: 1609238168797.png (900x600, 644.88K)

This is the latest cope that’s being used by scammed shitizens.

>Yeah, it’s a scam and I spent years denying it, but this shitty, buggy fetch quest "game" was really enjoyable so I got my money’s worth