ITT: games you hate that consistently leave you pissed off and dissatisfied after every session...

ITT: games you hate that consistently leave you pissed off and dissatisfied after every session, but that you also can't stop playing

STOP MISSING AT POINT BLANK RANGE YOU SQUADDIE PIECES OF SHITS, ERECTUS AND DICKAPAT0R ARE IN THE INFIRMARY AND YOU SUBSTITUTES ARE GETTING THE REST OF US SQUAD WIPED REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: images (93).jpg (188x267, 11.59K)

I actually don't mind it and don't have any real problems with the difficulty

War Thunder
it's rigged to be as miserable and pay-to-win as possible, is riddled with gamebreaking exploits, bugs and cheating, but is also the only vehicle combat game of its' kind that doesn't require a fucking pilots' license just to play.

Attached: 22lr.webm (480x270, 2.93M)

The "FUCKING SHIT FUCK BULLSHIT GAME" tier list (from least to most infuriating)
>Nu XCom 2
>Nu XCom Enemy unknown/within
>Nu XCom 2 with DLCs
>Xenonauts
>UFO defence

222 hours played so far, give or take 350 deaths, mostly self inflicted

I fucking hate it, it's so good. It's my favourite.

Attached: 1945192391.png (535x267, 132.84K)

what difficulty are you playing on?
build a Guerilla Tactics school and then infirmary asap

t, played one normal or whatever it was called and consistently did reliable damage using grenades a lot early, and either trying shots with atleast 80ish and some guy to fall back on to take a second shot

if you can't kill a nigga, stay out of sight without the enemy even being able to see you if possible.

shoot the regular guys first so you have as little chance someone firing at you
if you kill them and the "bigger threat" mindcontrols you, who cares? what's he gonna do if you killed the rest of his dudes and finish him off the next turn?

how does War Thunder compare to World of Tanks?

the original is less aggravating than the new games

yeah bullshit can happen and its less forgiving on your soldiers as they usually just instantly die, but the soldiers don't actually matter in the old xcom. They're faceless mooks and you just replace them by the dozens. You can have a total squad wipe and its not even a big deal if you still manage to get all the equipment back

its one of the biggest reasons I prefer the older game to the new ones which just go over the top on the soldiers trying to turn them into superheroes

Don't know that feel bro. I beat this game on the hardest difficulty and never played it again. A perfect experience.

It is better in that you can actually hit tanks you can't see across the map shooting at you, where in World of Tanks you never will.

every single roguelike and roguelite
most recently died to the flagship in ftl, stupid piece of shit missiles

Attached: Flagship_Whole.png (566x511, 96.21K)

I got both XCOM and XCOM2, should I jump straight to 2 or is the first one worth the time?

The first game is definitely worth your time but 2 is better. If you're even slightly interested in doing the first game then do it. Don't rush it and try your best not to savescum. The game isn't as unforgiving on deaths or mission failures as the internet makes it out to be and recovering from mission fails is part of the fun.

I'd recommend doing XCOM Enemy Within, then vanilla 2, then war of the chosen. You maximise the value as they're all great in their own right but get progressively better. You can skip Enemy Unknown as the EW is much more fleshed out.

More games should have you play as insurgents, they're just much more fun than conventional forces

Attached: GenZH_Thrax_Victorious.png (250x247, 124.83K)

You might wanna play 1 first because it's hard to go back from 2 to 1 since you will be missing the QoL changes

The only way of having fun with these games is save scumming.

really hard to say
they're quite different
i'd say 2 is easier getting into after playing 1 though as it adds a ton and changes up quite a lot

definately play 2 with WOTC even on your first try

haven't played Enemy Unknown yet so can't comment on that

>the best way to get into these games without minimal bullshit is play with savescumming for your first time to learn the rapes, then go hard into ironman
ftfy

xcom games are notoriously bad at explaining how they work and having to deal with that bullshit for your first try is more frustrating than fun imo

the raise in thrill and fun when playing ironman is worth the second playthrough for all
you really do approach them quite differently despite very little being changed on a surface level
having to deal with your own bullshit if you do fuck up and can admit its your own fault adds a new spin on them

Even vidya journos think savescumming makes the game too easy. Any Forums can't be this fucking casuals, it's a psy-op

You don't play on hardest ironman. WOTC is 10x easier than regular XCOM 2. And regular XCOM 2 is 1,000x easier than EU/EW

For fuck's sake, XCOM 2 isn't even hard - it's designed to have you fuck up and make it out by the skin of your teeth. EW is fucking merciless by comparison. Just compare the lowest-tier enemies, for example.

XCOM 2 Advent trooper:
>4 HP
>65 aim
>3 damage
>10% crit chance
>can't suppress
>can't overwatch in fow

EU Sectoid:
>4-5 HP (+1)
>75 aim (+10)
>2-4 damage (+1)
>10-35% crit chance (+25)
>can suppress
>can overwatch in fow
And that's the BASE FUCKING ENEMY.

Attached: 1654417519972.jpg (334x506, 29.4K)

>play Project Reality back in the day
>spawn in as britbong tacticool with a squad full of tryhard military fanatics
>use flanking maneuvers and take the match
>next map
>spawn in as Insurgent
>people in a circle hitting the ground with a shovel yelling "ALLAHU AKHBAR" while someone is blasting middle eastern music so loud it's clipping
There ain't nothing more authentic than PRmod. Shame.

I specifically mean that DLC which adds the busted leader alien bosses which attack you every move. But yeah WOTC is much easier by itself than regular xcom 2

Every single soldier should've had access to a combat knife to sidestep the retarded point-blank range misses. God I hate the Ranger class so much.

Play the first with all DLC, then play 2 with everything *except* War of the Chosen, then War of the Chosen.

Any fighting game when I fight someone at or above my skill level because putting in effort and sweating to just take wins off some random asshole online makes me get way too riled.

fucking hate this game, complete downgrade from EU/EW, i've tried so many times to play and enjoy it but i just can't, the art direction sucks dick, the writing is absolutely dogshit, the music is generic and foregettable and the gameplay doesn't feel tactical at all anymore

not the "only way to have fun" user
but ofcourse the game is easy that way
but it's a better tutorial to experiment with savestates until you know what it expects from you than anything the games tell you
hell
especially shit like what item works what way or what alerts enemys and what special enemies can move and attack when is often not even an attempt at telling you whats happening
if you know that shit, you can actually make informed tactical decisions
wich is what the games are about and what makes them fun

>But yeah WOTC is much easier by itself than regular xcom 2
i heard this before, care to explain why? I only played 2 with wotc twice.
I thought WOTC just added the chosen and their missions on top of the base game? Or are the special new units just that OP. (I mainly used the reaper to scout, wich admittedly was very usefull for setting up traps.)

Yea alien hunters is fucked

>i heard this before, care to explain why? I only played 2 with wotc twice.
The new units are pretty OP from what I've heard but I've never used them.
The real thing which makes it easier imo is the resistance network card thing where you can get tons of bonuses essentially for free. It also allows you to train your soldiers and get resources with little to no risks.

Ah I just assumed the covert ops and card things were in base game as well.