So if I understand correctly 2B was actually 2E and her job was to kill 9S but 9S fell in love with her and allowed her...

so if I understand correctly 2B was actually 2E and her job was to kill 9S but 9S fell in love with her and allowed her to kill him every time?

And 9S went crazy because she died?
The story is quite sad to be truth. I'm kinda depressed by this game to be honest

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 10.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theark.wiki/w/Project_YoRHa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what does the 9 stand for?

how many inches of dick he can take

>so if I understand correctly 2B was actually 2E and her job was to kill 9S but 9S fell in love with her and allowed her to kill him every time?

Attached: xgr5t5110sz21.png (857x701, 36.43K)

isn't time amerifats go to bed?

they were in love with each other user, it wasn't one sided.

>I'm kinda depressed by this game
it's quite a downer story and the character are quite interesting at the very least to look at
it's normal to feel depressed when you finish it but it's not that deep of a story mate

Ok
What about the commander was she really hacked or was she a nutjob? why didn't she allow them to spend live loving each other?

>9S fell in love with her and allowed her to kill him every time
Not just "allowed".
He literally asked her to swear an oath that she will kill him again and again so they could be together at least this way.
This oath was the only reason 2B even had any goal in life, as much as it hurt her to do it.

The problem is that 9S is the most advanced unit in the Bunker. He gets the job done, but he needs to be controlled. If he learns or advances too much it will endanger the entire project. Commander clearly hated to treat him this way and by the Automata events just decided to give him all the info voluntarily.

ending A and B (which are same ending btw) made me feel sad because I wanted them to at least spend more time with each other
But in the end after learning everything was fake and that 9S allowed to be killed because he loved her so much is fucking sad. I feel like the game drained all my emotions
>This oath was the only reason 2B even had any goal in life, as much as it hurt her to do it.
yes that makes sense. Jesus this is literally emotional draining. How can japs think of depressed shit like this is beyond me.
what is the goal of the project anyway? If mankind does not exist and the commander can simply stay in the bunker forever why did she send androids to earth?

>what is the goal of the project anyway
theark.wiki/w/Project_YoRHa
Here's little something that shows how deep the rabbit hole goes

As the other user said, 9S is the most advanced unit in the bunker. He is also the most dangerous, one of the short stories points out he isn't meant to have a weapon at all but hacked the permissions to give himself one and everyone else is too scared to do anything about it in conjunction with 2E keeping him in check already. 2Es job is to kill him specifically *when* he starts figuring everything out, because he will always figure it out, and Automata's events is just what happens when he can't be killed before he figures everything out.

Is Nier Replicant as emotional as Automata?

I mean, they live happily ever after, after ending E. Sure they had a rough time but so is everyone in Drakengard universe, hell they have probably the best end of anyone.

ok just one final question why did A2 kill herself in the end?
makes sense. But I still don't get it why didn't 9S told 2B everything and they quit YohRHa

Yes. Personally prefer the original release though for Dad Nier.

>why didn't 9S told 2B everything and they quit YohRHa
Because they would just be pursued by other E models in a hostile world with no support or maintenance. A2 is an outlier.

For background I played Automata first then Replicant, I would say it *can* be but it depends on your circumstances. I liked the characters, I liked the plot, I liked the events happening and why, but the narrative structure and presentation just frustrated me so much it drained a lot of my enthusiasm.
I would say at the very least Replicant is much more outright depressing.

Play 13 Sentinels. It's the closest thing to Automata thematically we had since its release.

>But I still don't get it why didn't 9S told 2B everything and they quit YohRHa
Read this but the short of it is The original iteration of 9S put everything into motion, 9S can't quit Yorha traditionally he is Yorha, the reason he keeps finding out is not only because of how smart he is, but because he keeps finding his own loophole.

9S did tell 2B everything before the events of the game. Hence the convoluted oath she swears and the whole wanting to kill God opening dialogue. She's referring to humans for having trapped them in this hell. If they quit Yorha they will be the ones hunted down and killed instead, they're only free in the end after Yorha is destroyed.

>Replicant is much more outright depressing.
really? Jez...
wait a minute so 9S is Yorha? why did he create this project in the first place anyway?

>the end after Yorha is destroyed.
and how to destroy yorha and what is exactly yorha? user claimed above that Yorha is basically a 9S project

The first draft of project YoRHa was created by Zinnia, creator of YoRHa units and effective "father" of 2B and 9S. It was supposed to create an illusion of human life on Moon to boost the android army morale. It didn't involve the kill switch. Zinnia shelved it because it had serious security risks.
The very first 9S prototype learned about his own origins and Zinnia's plans. He murdered entire satellite in a nihilistic fit of anger, modified the project to involve a kill switch to create a reason for androids to exist, then launched its automated creation via Pods while essentially allowing the first 2B to kill him.

The most interesting thing? Zinnia's personality data ended up in Pod 042. The entire story is Pod becoming more humanlike and saving his own misguided children.

Replicant does it better imo, but it depends on how much you like the characters.

Attached: 1491085372858.jpg (877x620, 194.86K)

Read the short story the other user linked user.
I just want to make clear usually I absolutely hate needing outside material to explain stuff in games, however Nier/Drakengard's outside materials add to the game rather than being outright required reading.