>2022
>30 year old game STILL shits on any turn based strategy released since

Attached: 10.-jagged-alliance-2.jpg (800x480, 117.5K)

But XCOM 2 is better.

Turn based implies the existence of turn cringe.

Attached: 1651724419462.jpg (1800x1800, 455.18K)

What is XCOM 2? The only good XCOM is UFO Defense which is objectivelly inferior to JA2 but survives due to its outstanding atmosphere and tech race. XCOM is simple once you figure out how to use environment destruction and flares.

>What is XCOM 2?
You can pretend it doesn't exist but it is better.

>turn limit
>still $100 plus DLC
>just a lazy copypaste of nu-Xcom 1
lol no

I really like JA2. The destructible environment and sneaking make me feel like I'm an operator at times and Schwarzenegger in others.

Is there a fork/polished/updated version?

Yeah JA2 is pretty damn good. Shame it never got a proper sequel. Apparently former Silent Storm devs wanted to make one but that project was shortlived. I can't believe how many trash games there are for this IP after JA2.

To this day, still waiting for a game to even attempt at doing half of what JA2 did.
XCOM is a joke.

What exactly needs polishing in JA2? It has the perfect interface. You can install 1.13 mod or whatever if you want more weapons.

Tell me about it. I recently replayed Fallout 1 and 2 and even when heavily modded they still can't cover the absolutely horrible combat.

JA2 was actually so good

Silent Storm is better.

>dude just use silencer sniper rifles and abuse the retarded ai

shit game

how i wish silent storm got some sort of continuation/reboot

>mogs every other turn-based combat system
>mogs every other overland troop management system
>mogs every other character list/personality system
>mogs every other inventory/modding system

Still hasn't been topped. The only thing the game did poorly was that it was kind of ugly, but goddamn if it isn't one of the best designed games in history.

Also, for me, it's Reaper.

Attached: reaper.jpg (1200x699, 533.97K)

It objectively is not. Silent Storm has huge balance issues in the second half and the only thing it innovates on is the verticality which goes up to four floors compared to JA2's two. In the end the added complexity does not pay off due to other botched stuff and the fucking invulnerable mechanicons everywhere.

Good luck finding one until like halfway into the game, and even then, plenty of environments where you won't get good use out of them.

AI could definitely be cheesed though.

i blame consoles for that

>ugly

It captured the grit and grime of Central America perfectly. Fantastic animations. I adore that engine, wish we had a good RPG made in it today.

I unironically blame Baldur's Gate for that.

>bitching about balance in a single player game
Do you hate fun or something?

Silent Storm gets increasingly more unfun towards the end because no one likes bullet sponges.

anyone have wii new super mario bros iso?