Will parry be an issue in SF6?

Will parry be an issue in SF6?

>Drive Gauge Cost: Continuous Consumption
>Preformed by holding down or tapping MP+MK/R1

>Automatically repel an opponent’s attack and replenish Drive when performed successfully.
>Perform a Perfect Parry by parrying just before an opponent’s attack hits you.

Attached: Street Fighter.png (1273x871, 2.37M)

I'm not worried, if it's an issue crapcom will nerf it to the ground if the whiny FGC niggers cry and bitch and scream and whine at them like the fucking pussies they are.

Sorry to be a hater but does anyone else think sf6 aesthetic is unbearably ugly? Also what's the go with them pushing that Luke character so hard? He looks like fanart to me.

I'll give my opinion when I get to play the game, I knew SFV was going to be utter horseshit as soon as I got to play the beta but I only had hopes and fears before that

It would be nice if they added grooves or isms where you either had real parries or focus attacks but not both, but it's unlikely

I doubt it since it costs Drive Gauge.

I like the aesthetic. I don't like Luke.

I don't think drive parries will be a problem. They sound expensive and they probably won't put you + except in the most egregious of cases.

A significant portion of the fanbase claims to love 3S so much, universal parry shouldn’t be a problem

>costs
But it also refills from landing a parry. Perfect parries (which is really just doing a normal parry) seems like it will be meter neutral at worst, hold down will probably be meter negative but maybe not even by that much.

luke is awful and I hate that capcom keeps trying to push him as a lead character
he looks like a shitty member of a KOF team that only shows on one game and is forgotten after

I guess we'll have to see. The fact that you lose Drive Gauge on EX moves, Focus Attacks and FADC, and even on taking damage makes me think people won't use parries that much, it's always a risk.
This system does however allow for a lot of player expression and I'm all for that. You'll have to think a lot about the routes you want to take during each match.

Universal parry sucks and it will be hilarious how much butthurt this causes on release.

Luke's design was awful in SFV, but only bad in SF6 cause it makes me think of influencers. In a vacuum he is default character creator MMA man, not bad enough to be offensive. I think though story mode could save him by being a genuine good natured sf fanboy

Attached: 1650581343456.png (1367x710, 476.08K)

depends on the recovery. ryu's parry in sfv was not particularly good because you ate absolute shit if you were wrong. comparing these parries to 3S is retarded because 3S a parry has no risk. you can't parry in the same direction again for an extremely short period and you're not blocking, that's the only risk you're taking.

Depends though.
3S is pretty fast which is why parry works well and also the parry requires you to commit or get hit. Parry in SF6 from what I understand in OP is very non committal since you can just keep holding if you mistime your perfect parry. It should at least be very punishable but we don't know yet.

That's all dependant on how risky it is to use a parry. I assume the timing of parry is going to be as easy as Ryu's parry in SFV. The very least they need to do is that you lose one pip of your drive gauge or whatever it's called.

>3S a parry has no risk
except you eat the hit and get blown out if your playing with someone who can hit confirm

it's way riskier to parry with ryu in sfv than to parry in turd though.

I think it looks alright, not bad not particularly good. I do wish they made character costumes look cooler, but hopefully dlc and mods will fix that.

>does anyone else think sf6 aesthetic is unbearably ugly
I think so, this sort of "realistic" style just doesn't fit at all to me because Street Fighter has never been a series rooted in "realism" so it just looks really off.

It was a relative statement, I obviously meant it has no more risk than simply doing anything else that isn't blocking, like throwing a light, or walking. These button parries are inordinately riskier because you (generally, ryu had one cool one with v-triggers) can't OS them, you can't parry and return to blocking. they may as well be something completely different because the dynamic is nothing like parries in turd.

It has actual start up and recovery so it won't be as bad as in 3 but I'm still worried about it. Unless the cost is significant it's going to invalidate zoning

>FGC niggers cry and bitch and scream and whine at them like the fucking pussies they are
They always do, they've been bitching nonstop about Lab Coat 21 in DBFZ so much so that they're making a patch exclusively to nerf her. I wish they wouldn't because if these payers are truly "the best" then it shouldn't matter how strong she is.

Drive impact seem to be les a focus attack and more a shatter strike. Having what is effectively a horizontal DP is good, but like XV I doubt it'll super common. FA's hold to absorb multiple hits has more in common with the new parries really. Especially cause you FADC off parries, which is 1 bar vs 3 bars off normals. To me that points to parry > get/refill 1 stock > fadc 1 bar.

Unless the parry just isn't very good, I hope it doesn't earn you much meter and they make the easy version only drain.

>even on taking damage
Where did you see that?

It's not an issue since none of the shitters who play fighting games can time it correctly. It's basically free counters

true i guess
i still think that it should be punishable in 6 though since it seems like you can just hold the button

it will be punishable, and it won't be particularly good or useful outside of fireball wars.

I was under the impression that parrying once uses a whole chunk and you get half a chunk back if you're successful, which I think is pretty balanced when taking into account all the other stuff you need to use Drive Gauge for. I may be wrong though, we'll hopefully get answers on the 13th.

>Where did you see that?
In the leaked video of Cammy's level 3 super, it shows the other Cammy losing 1/3 of her Drive Gauge once the super finishes.
Either this only happens when you get hit by a super or this is what happens upon taking damage in general. I'm thinking the latter, since that is how Luke worked in SFV, and his mechanics were supposed to act as a sort of taste test for SF6.

A significant portion that has played 3s for 10 minutes