Chivalry 2 comes to Steam this weekend

Chivalry 2 comes to Steam this weekend

Is it worth playing if I enjoyed the first game with friends?

Attached: bivalru.png (949x711, 778.91K)

The problem every Chivalry/Mordhau esque game will face is when people realize they can do a spin attack that contorts the player's body unrealistically to make an attack that is incredibly unreadable, taking all of the fun out of the game. This is enjoyable to long time players who enjoy this and I will undoubtedly get (You)s that seethe at this statement if this thread takes off, but it's mostly impenetrable to newer players, so these games end up dying before long.

correct

this
mordhau got the same fate but died even faster than chivalry one since the dev didn't do any new content after their game got released.
also Mordhau third person camera give you an edge against first person camera players since each camera view use a different player model and animations

Just get good.

There it is, I'm surprised it took 3 posts.

I was the only one in my friend group that ever tried to beyblade and I was complete shit at it
We mostly play private games while drunk so getting dunked on by draggers and dead-angling isn't an issue, I just want to know if it is as fun as chivalry 1

Its not nearly as effective as it was on Chiv 1 or Mordhau. I think Chiv 2 will do pretty well. Like 10k peaks after 2 months.

Tripwire's the publisher? Now I'm a little skeptical.

I thought they nerfed spin2win in Chiv 2?

I'm not buying EGS used goods.

nope. that shit is fixed in chiv2

>There it is, I'm surprised it took 3 posts.

Attached: image_2022-06-08_133547859.png (500x500, 219.22K)

Give me one reason as a Chiv 1 vet to get this game if I already have Mordhau

getting good is more fun than being good

It was bad in Chiv but in Mord it was nerfed considerably.
I like to think of it like the best approximation of computer boxing. You have free control over your body in the game so you can pull off your own custom moves.
In Mordhau, spins can be countered by just moving with the spin and attacking, either you land a hit or he'll get a glancing blow. You just have to react fast enough. Since he's blind doing them you can often duck or jump the strike, too.

I don't know how Chiv 2 handles it since I haven't played it.

>Just get good.

Attached: HITLERDIDNOTHINGWRONGREEEEE.png (1006x1126, 15.42K)

>Since he's blind doing them
>sets FoV to 150
>plays in 3rd person

Mord has a FoV cap. I'm talking about Mordhau not Chiv.
Spins are fake pressure.

I bought the ebin games store version last year and it was fun for a while. Can I party with steam friends if they buy it now?

Epic exclusivity kills your game in the longrun. Most flop and C2 won't be any different. Oddworld Inhabitants are releasing their game soon as well and it currently has less than 10k wishlist entries.

Nobody wants to buy a game that has been out for like a year made by sellouts who most of the time charge you a premium too.

>an FoV cap
lmao lol