Here's your balance patch bro

Here's your balance patch bro

Attached: 1654673378.png (600x163, 60.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x4JJDC4P4iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do they use the squares like that?
I don't play fighting games, but it seems really retarded.
Like when you eat food do you just use the corners of your mouth?

Attached: 1324836476845.jpg (391x500, 34.66K)

>Easy to work with
>Fast and easy to calculate

Square hitboxes come straight from the old arcade days when the implementation would be much simpler with the electronics of the time. These days you could work with any sort of shapes but fighting games are autistically attached to the formula laid down by SF2.

So why are they in a video game in 2022?
Imagine if Fortnite used square hit boxes.
It would be a huge joke of a game.

Thanks for telling me you don't play fighting games.

Skullgirls had super precise hitboxes and it fucking sucked.

Most 3d games still use AABBs though.

Thank you for conceding, I feared someone would try to come up with a rebuttal for a minute.

If it weren't such a massive undertaking to explain it to someone that doesn't play fighting games I would. Hopefully someone else will take it on for you.

Attached: 1466226954824.jpg (180x192, 15.7K)

Because there's no benefit to using precise hitboxes. Oftentimes, it's actually a bad thing, where certain frames of an attack or movement animation will cause attacks to miss for no reason.
This doesn't just apply to fighting games, either. Platformers are another good example where more precise hitboxes almost always make the game way fucking worse to play.

Attached: why_pillboxes_suck_ass.png (1278x866, 26.95K)

This. But more specifically, square hitboxes lead to consistent properties even if they may not have intuitive ones. This goes a long fucking way if you're playing on a level where you actually need to understand and memorize hit boxes.

>Potemkin is now bottom 3

Guess I'll kill myself since all I was doing was playing this

Attached: 1653360952328.jpg (214x269, 42.01K)

I swear Arcsys has something against grapplers in particular. Even when they buff them, they decide to nerf them in some retarded, asinine way. They removed Kanji's fatal starters until he only has one single move that forces fatal counter in Ultimax 2.0.

makes no sense, circles are cheaper.

you fucking grappler players can fuck off, nobody cares about your rights. Suffer and fight, that is your destiny.

I prefer the right because I'm a skilled gamer.

Attached: X.jpg (300x222, 14.05K)

Do half to full health off of hard to react to high low mixups on top of winning neutral for free with halfscreen disjointed fast attacks, and people clap. Grab a guy a couple times after working your ass off to get in and people hate you, I don't get it. Unless it's some degenerate shit like getting timed out by Tager.

Let's say hitboxes are actually the shape of the fighter's body and limbs. Whiff punishing would be harder, making attacks inconsistent and make combos drop all the time. Making big ass squares hit other big fucking squares is the most consistent thing too. Triangles would be jank as the front and the top will be inconsistent since the tips are thinner, circles hitboxes will be even more jank since you need to spam circles to cover 4 corners. You might say then just mix and match different shapes then, it comes back to the limbs argument, everything is going to feel off. Not only is the box really consistent, but it's simple to grasp, it's easier to show you this Ky hitbox and for you to understand it's area since it's just a fucking square any other shape would make you getting knicked up feel reatrded,

jump better you stupid fucking idiot

It's weird cause strive's director, Akira Katano is a potemkin player

Tekken's hitboxes are almost perfectly the models, and they also happen to be among the most popular fighters.

Literally every decent platformer on the planet makes the player hitbox slightly larger than the actual sprite, because it's better to have a "just barely made it" moment than a "why the fuck didn't i make that" moment.
The Crash remakes are especially bad about this because many of the levels in Crash 1 specifically were designed around landing just on the edge of the hitbox, so clipping off the side of a corner thanks to the hitbox now arbitrarily being a pillbox feels like shit.

>Tekken's hitboxes are almost perfectly the models
No the fuck they are not.
youtu.be/x4JJDC4P4iM

Did Potemkin get buffed? I haven't had a chance to read the notes.

Everyone except may recieved buffs, I'd say potemkin is on the lower end though

Why is everyone saying he got nerfed?

Nerfed by comparison. Everyone else got buffed enough that Potemkin is worse against them, effectively.

FUCK

What the fuck are you talking about user, stop pretending you play fighting games, show me one pic where a Tekken hitbox is glued to the skin, now I understand why you didn't want rebuttals, you're pulling shit out of your ass.

Attached: Tekken is honest anon!.png (721x388, 499.32K)

Sort of with his super Giganter Kai being used more offensively and some normals having reduced hitboxes but that's it. Everyone got buffs on top of universal mechanic changes making offense even strong but because Pot can't dash cancel its meaningless. Basically pot got nothing and they are leaning hard into Pot being a gimmick. Still extremely slow and still has terrible defense.

>Giganter Kai is no longer an invincible reversal
FUCK

Can someone tell me how to read this? What does blue green and red mean?
Does it mean he got nerfed since his squares are smaller?

It was never a good reversal since it wasn't an actually invincible. Honestly it seems like Pot is just either being forgotten about or Arcsys actually thinks he's in a good spot which is worrisome.

That isn't even true, people know. But why did the player put himself in to this situation by picking grabbler? This mystery muddens the accomplishment.

>arbitrarily
Just want to note this isn’t “arbitrary”, every game engine on the planet uses capsule collision for 3D characters for good reason (radial symmetry) and there are ways of doing flat-base floor checks that for some reason Crash didn’t bother to implement.

>red where your attack hits
>blue where you can get hit
>yellow where your character is

Hope they give May proper hurtboxes

Attached: FS_uY1bXoAIyy3W.jfif.jpg (3307x2598, 440.91K)

>Anji was the uncontested weakest character by all metrics
>He got the biggest nerfs in the entire patch with nothing to back it up
What the fuck

Attached: 1651436730364.jpg (222x258, 7.47K)

red is the part that can damage the enemy

cyan is the part that can be damaged

yellow is the physical space the character takes up (big characters still need to be able to be jumped over so they usually look quite small on them)

fairly certain the right of the image is just a meme