How many of you played this? I was surprised at how good it is considering I've never seen anyone talk about it here

How many of you played this? I was surprised at how good it is considering I've never seen anyone talk about it here

Attached: EGS_TUNIC_ISOMETRICORPGamesLtd_S1_2560x1440-3951494846c8ed2b0705d85e7fd550d4.jpg (2560x1440, 815.79K)

Shameless Zelda clone...

Hmph... needs correction

Attached: Coomie.jpg (1805x1079, 908.03K)

I was looking forward to it, but bounced back when I tried the demo. It felt a bit rough, like your average somewhat amateurish Unity indie game.
I've heard enough good things about it to decide to give it another shot, maybe they refined it a bit from the demo, but at this point I'll just wait for a sale.

Does this game have a map, and if it does can you place markers on it?

We don't talk about good games here

I did a few days ago. Didn't like it.

I'll just repost what I posted on /indie/ on /vg/:

Attached: Tunic 2022.06.05 - 21.40.16.09.webm (852x480, 1.54M)

It's the closest thing to Zelda 1 I ever found. No hand holding without being retardedly cryptic. Actually respects the player intelligence. Very open-ended and with good exploration and atmosphere. Basically if you like Hollow Knight and so on, you'll enjoy this.

You get pieces of a map indeed.

What a shit opinion, I bet you watch quantum TV

It's not meant to be a Dark Souls clone at all. The combat isn't the meat of the game.

There were a lot of threads about it near release, though I'm pretty sure that was just one guy shilling it.

you were not their target audience also:
>pirating indie games
broke ass bitch who cant even parry detected

Attached: ultimate currency.png (1289x731, 1.27M)

the difficulty level is shockingly well tuned. the puzzles only go off the deep end at the endgame and it's completely optional. the booklet was fun to read and beautifully illustrated. solid game for what it is

I thought it was amazing. The only thing that I didn't like is combat with basic enemies, but boss battles were good despite that. I looked up the golden path though and did only the required 10 or so fairy puzzles, 100%ing it without looking up clues is pretty hard and I didn't feel like I wanted to invest time for that. Still, I appreciate these end game puzzles, some of them are pretty creative.

>you heal using a TotallyNotAnEstusFlask
>when you die you leave behind a corpse and all your money
>you touch checkpoints and all enemies respawn
>you start off the game by ringing two bells
>near identical stamina system that drains stamina when rolling and blocking attacks

Yeah, totally not a Dark Souls clone.

I'm sure I can learn it with practice, but I'm not going to because even landing a successful parry felt like shit. I'd much rather use my time learning to parry in Dead Cells. Now THAT is some satisfying parrying (and satisyfing combat in general).
Also, I can afford games just fine. But again, I'd much rather spend my money on GOOD games like pic related.

Attached: file.png (909x255, 373.78K)

I also thought that exploration and shortcuts hidden behind perspective are great. Always love shortcuts hidden in plain sight, where you don't need to unlock anything, you just go through the other way, where its easier to see. Outer Wilds did the same thing a few times.

>pirating indie games
Yes? why wouldnt I pirate an indie game. just because a studio is "indie" or it's one person making a game over a soulless corporation doesn't mean they deserve my money. if the game is shit or isn't worth paying for I'll pirate it. if the game is actually worth buying I'll go back and buy it full price to support the indie dev.
not my fault they don't have a demo.

Game has maps in the manual you collect but it's all pre-marked more or less.

Thank god there is a god mode toggle in the options, because that quarry part would have me uninstalling it asap if not.

Great game otherwise though, the manual mechanic is really neat. And navigating and finding the shortcuts are just really fun.

Attached: funkymode.png (451x331, 195.89K)

while there are some fair points, supporting people who are making good games that have a flaw or two is how they make masterpieces later on.

Attached: __uzaki_hana_uzaki_chan_wa_asobitai_drawn_by_bb_baalbuddy__sample-02753e3687922686e7b01800170f0103.jpg (850x702, 135.02K)

Well, if the devs of Tunic do make a masterpiece later on, I'll have zero qualms with buying it and singing its high praises. But I'm not gonna buy Tunic.
As the other user you responded to put it, perhaps the devs of Tunic should have released a demo. Just like how the devs of the recently released run-and-gun game Soda Crisis (pic related) released a demo for their game that was really fun and instantly made me want to buy it and 100% it.

Attached: file.png (933x220, 293.7K)

I genuinely liked it. Post game was right up my alley. Loved the puzzles. Are there any more games where you solve these complex kinda puzzles?

Attached: 1637679152002.jpg (1440x1113, 152.35K)

Fez, Riven, La Mulana, Environmental Station Alpha.

It was pretty cool. Looked up how to get the true ending because I didn't have the patience for it but following the manual up to the regular ending was cool. I was surprised to hear that lifeformed did the music, I loved his work on dustforce but the soundtrack didn't stick with me at all for some reason.