I have a theory. They're pulling the same marketing stunt as the Sonic movie

I have a theory. They're pulling the same marketing stunt as the Sonic movie.
They reveal something that looks bad, comically bad, absurdly bad. Something so bad you question whether or not it's actually real.
A lot of backlash from fans, likely bringing more attention to it than if it looked good.
Say you're going to fix it.
Later do a reveal of the "new" version of the game.
It looks much better.
Fans rejoice, publicity sky rockets even higher.

But the trick is that they were making the good game from the start, and quickly slapped together the shitty looking one for the marketing stunt.

Attached: sonic-frontiers-.jpg (1460x927, 175.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHpOjm-U-s0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like the world's grafx

just because it was specified in today's IGN video that it was early footage? i mean it's possible but sega doesn't care enough or have the balls to do what paramount did

>implying the ugly sonic marketing strategy wasn't Sega's idea

>the same marketing stunt
holy fuck you have got to be shitting me

If your theory is true i will buy 5 copies of Frontiers just becuase I fell for Iizuka's 400 iq 5d chess masterpiece

This is cope. If you have much better looking footage already, why use the old shitty versions for Marketing?

I couldn’t get behind the simulation theory, but this I can totally get behind.

I don't think they would waste time and money just to make a prank. At most it's possible it could be some kind of alpha tech demo or something but it's obviously something they were earnestly making because even as crappy as it is, it still has way too much effort put into it. Like if they wanted to pull a prank they could've just make a crappy prerendered cartoon of the "gameplay" or something.

I'll eat my shoe if that's the case

or maybe it's just a shitty game

>marketing stunt as the Sonic movie
Anyone that believes this is a bigger idiot than the hollywood suits that pushed for the original design in the first place

user you need it to be believable

You're ignoring the fact that this was done before and it WORKED. I am certain that the sonic movie would not have been as successful as it was if they had the proper Sonic design used from the very beggining.

You are ignoring the fact iizuka is not as smart as the paramount guys.
Remember, forces was originally going to have more focus on the OC.
They are ill-driven and incompetent at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHpOjm-U-s0

I have a theory that modern Sonic Team makes shitty games

But this is the best looking 3d sonic game in decades?

You're right. I can't believe I missed this crucial piece of information.

This man truly is a fucking genius

Attached: 1637914253566.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

This is such a cope. It's a Sonic Team game. That's all you need to know.

I like this guys voice better than Voicemans for some reason

how did they even fuck this up that bad ? i'm pretty sure it didn't look like that in forces, did they decide to make hedgehog engine 3 and decide to fuck everything up a bit more this time ?