Oblivion

This game is better than Skyrim. There's more features like spell crafting, magic is actually good, the towns are bigger, RP is better, storyline is better. How did they manage to go backwards?

Attached: 63104_front-3219358778.jpg (600x875, 130.76K)

nah it sucked /thread

thats just like, your opinion, man

time for fun!

Attached: 20220607214501_1.jpg (2560x1440, 802.76K)

hooray, I'm really hot! Also I'm on fire!

Attached: 20220607220638_1.jpg (2560x1440, 355.51K)

See that mountain over there? You can't climb it.

Attached: 20220607220811_1.jpg (2560x1440, 199.47K)

her voice does not match her appearance at all.

Attached: 20220601230831_1.jpg (2560x1440, 717.02K)

Even Todd said Oblivion had the best quests, and he said it a year ago when TES6 started serious preproduction, so maybe there's hope.

>magic is actually good
It suffers in the same way every TES game suffers: destruction is hot garbage while the other schools are just okay and never needed. Finding better spells is too hard, you'll wander half the map in search of a better vendor. The leveling is stupid. Story is uninteresting.
About the only positive things I can say about it is the UI is aesthetically pleasing and the music is pretty good. I guess the persuasion minigame at least tries to avoid the skill check pitfall every RPG falls into.
Elder Scrolls is a very mediocre series.

Any word on whether or not it'll be on the same engine? because they seriously need an upgrade. Also, when I first heard Sean Bean I had to actually check to see if it was him and was pleasantly surprised. I can't believe they actually shelled out money to get a decent voice actor.

Attached: 20220605005653_1.jpg (2560x1440, 519.79K)

Absorb Health is stupidly powerful, at least in Morrowind

>It suffers in the same way every TES game suffers: destruction is hot garbage while the other schools are just okay and never needed. Finding better spells is too hard, you'll wander half the map in search of a better vendor.
Are we playing the same game? Did you ever even try the spell crafting? Because you can craft some seriously OP spells once you have the cheapest version of it.
>The leveling is stupid
there's a mod for that, I've actually never played vanilla.
>Elder Scrolls is a very mediocre series.
And yet it has that "something" that keeps you there for a hundred hours. Despite how janky they are, they're extremely immersive and there's tons of mods available

Attached: 20220607223757_1.jpg (2560x1440, 715.28K)

oh fuck yeah. is this a stucky thread?

>B-BUT SKYYYYYYYYYRIIIIIIIIIIM

All weak enemies go down in 1 hit from my drain health spell, and tougher enemies usually go down after two spells. Assuming I run into someone tougher, I've got stacks and stacks of potions to regain magicka. Magic is actually good in this game.

Attached: OP spells.webm (1900x1069, 1.96M)

The only thing Oblivion has over Skyrim is its Magic system.

Todd claimed Starfield is the biggest tech jump they've done since Morrowind to Oblivion, but he seems to always say stuff like that.

The soundtrack in this game is fucking magical. I heard the music was inspired by a near death experience Soule had.

Attached: images (24).jpg (600x338, 42.46K)

why are daedra realms just christian hell stereotypes when the daedra have nothing to do with christianity and the concept of hell

Hardest difficulty such a meme

>get tempted to reinstall the game
>get reminded it probably has the most broken leveling/class system in RPG history
Cba to try and solve that shit, even with mods

But there's literally a mod for that

Only like 2 are really hell-like, and I guess some are sinful like Sanguine's, but most are pretty chill.

Agreed. Riding your horse with that soundtrack is heavenly

Attached: horseriding through a forest.webm (1900x1069, 2.93M)

>Jeremy Soule got cancelled and isn't coming back for tes 6
>Instead we're get Inon Zur and his generic brass sections
I am so mad

that was after the fact coping post oblivion

they weren't hell realms until it becaome convenient for bethesda to push a judeochristian mythology mixed with lord of the rings in oblivion, in direct contravention to their own lore, all because it would increase sales