FFVII Remake

Is it good? I'm 2 hours in but I can't tell.
Is it not worth it if I haven't played the original?
So far I just beat some mobs to blow up some facility and I don't really get what the point of the story is yet. The gameplay is whatever, the world looks pretty beautiful but I don't care about visuals that much. IS it worth continuing

Attached: file.png (1221x1500, 1.22M)

Play the original first. 7Remake is actually a sequel, I'm not kidding.

It's not even finished, it's just the 1st part.

>I just beat some mobs to blow up some facility
that was the high point of the game. if you aren't invested yet, just save yourself some time and quit now.

8f you want to play a game with an actual ending, play the original

Is it worth it though? I might come off as pretentious and that's totally fine but I'm currently reading/watching/playing only masterpieces, I'm in the "life is too short for mediocrity" mentality currently. Is it really worth playing a 100 hour JRPG and then playing its 100 hour partial sequel?
2 questions
how is that a high point?
and how can anyone be invested by that point

Attached: 1471992515304.jpg (780x780, 63.58K)

The story gets pants on head retarded and wildly different from the original game near the end

>Is it worth it though?
No. They censored Tifa and Shiva and the only way to fix them is through mods.

It's very good, but Any Forums will tell you otherwise. Sidequests are mediocre but everything else is kino.

Attached: 12547865485.jpg (599x399, 149.63K)

OG only takes 30ish hours.

memes and tits aside though? is it worth it?
even for someone who hasn't played the original?
oh nice, and is it good?

Attached: 1573927676906.jpg (888x768, 82.63K)

Really depends. What do you consider a 'masterpiece'?

VII:R's script doesn't make sense without knowledge of the original game. This is objective fact. Yes, you can follow most of what's happening superficially but you won't understand WHY anything is happening or why the characters are the way they are.

>Is it good?
No. It's an absolutely butchered de-make, AND not even a "remake" it was MARKETED as. It's a literal timey-wimey SEQUEL.

Plus it stretches like ~5 hour worth of content from the OG into a 60+ hour slog fest, padded with copypaste fetch quests and minigames, only to end up fucking up the whole story and ending with "to be continued! :^)" finale, since this shit's episodic, with each chapter costing 70 bucks or more.

>Is it not worth it if I haven't played the original?
No. And it would not be worth even if you WOULD have played the original.

Seriously, go play 1997 FF7, now.
Forget about this clusterfuck.

Stop replying to literal trolls.
The demake flopped for a good reason. Nier unironically saved Square from a deep lump.
This pathetic mess was nothing but an urine-smeared slap in the face to all the fans that waited for a loving, faithful recreation of one of the biggest classics in history of vidya.

>is it good?
It is magnificent.
Belongs in the same hall of fame as Half-Life, Ocarina Of Time, Thief and MGS.
Revolutionary, engaging and memorable ride.

Attached: ff7 is corgeous.jpg (1898x1368, 894.17K)

>Is it really worth playing a 100 hour JRPG and then playing its 100 hour partial sequel?
FF7 is one of THE video games. It's literal cream of the top. Whether you can appreciate it this day and age really depends on your own tastes and patience though; it's a pure mid-90s JRPG, just done damn well for its time. And it really does not take 100 hours, unless you really start to dig into the side content. I've never beaten a single FF or JRPG game under 100h, but even I sped through 7 at around 70 hours, at the age of 13.

The ""remake", which people have already ripped apart is not worth your time, and especially not money. There's so much wrong with the zoomer-7, it's not even funny. The fact that the author did a literal "SIKE! IT WAS A NEW GAME ALL ALONG!!!" at the end (which isn't even the ending of this shitshow, mind you) just throws more salt in the wounds.

>I'm in the "life is too short for mediocrity" mentality currently. Is it really worth playing a 100 hour JRPG and then playing its 100 hour partial sequel?
honestly, if that's your mentality I don't see why you even picked up 7R. do you really want to be waiting for Part 2 for the next year (likely even longer)? and then waiting for Part 3 another 3+ years after that?
you might want to play the original. I personally think it's overrated (still good) but it does show up on plenty of GOAT lists.

lots of love for the original I see.
I also saw a lot of love for Xenoblade Chronicles (and I enjoyed it, I was 50 hours in) but at some point I realized the ratio of encounterspam vs story was really bad at least for me and I went back to reading books.
Keeping in mind I'm not a pro gamer like you guys and I probably won't enjoy RPG battle for dozens of hours is FFVII still that worth it? if so i'll probably download it right now, maybe i'll check nyaa or cdromance for an english patch

>memes and tits aside though? is it worth it?
No. It will only sour your understanding of FF7 as a whole.

>even for someone who hasn't played the original?
Especially if you've not played the original, you shouldn't even joke about playing the FF7R. It's not like with RE1 vs REmake1, where I could just about forgive newbs for starting with the prettier "version", only missing out on the cool additions and changes; FF7R does a full-blown Neon Genesis Evangelion reboot thing, without telling it to the (new) players at all.

>oh nice, and is it good?
The original FF7? It's one of the best games ever made, even with its few rough corners. Pretty much the best game to get into FF saga or JRPGs.

cool will be interesting to check out the OG then.

FFVII is a very streamlined JRPG when you compare it to the genre as a whole. You don't have to struggle even if you don't go out of your way to find the most overpowered shit.

>Keeping in mind I'm not a pro gamer like you guys and I probably won't enjoy RPG battle for dozens of hours is FFVII still that worth it?
By all means yes.
And don't put so much focus and stress on the combat, that's really off the point AND one of the many reasons why the de-make was butchered.

Original FF7 flows really fast by modern standards. You go through various colorful settings and get to participate in plenty of main and side activities that you might not even expect to find from the game.

Attached: 1616108529495.jpg (4032x3024, 3.9M)

>So far I just beat some mobs to blow up some facility and I don't really get what the point of the story is yet
That's because you're not meant to. The remake was however god awful at recreating the atmosphere and non-verbal storytelling of the original, and like said many times ITT, ultimately goes off rails and starts doing its own weird Kingdom Hearts -style lore and meta retconning.

Attached: ff7 chibi mod.jpg (1287x893, 300.28K)