How to enjoy games again

I'm a 32 year old boomer who spent the last years playing games and not enjoying them at all. I finally understand what causes this...it's playing recent games and FOTM multiplayer garbage
Now, I only play older single player games (10+ year). I have even more fun when I replay games I enjoyed as a teen but forgot about them for the most part (RE4 and 5 are very fun for this reason because I feel like I'm playing them for the first time again)
I feel so good right now Any Forumsros, it's like finding a cheat code for enjoying things in life once again. Now, if only I could apply this method of re-discovering the past to every other aspect of my life...

Attached: 158.png (600x507, 93.03K)

Single player is truly the key to gaming happiness.

this play elden ring

Solid singlepayer games are getting fewer and farther between, but I still enjoy indies.

Attached: Katana_Zero.jpg (1000x562, 251.59K)

>I finally understand what causes this...it's playing recent games and FOTM multiplayer garbage
Congraz for at least figuring that out.
Was about to come and spell it out for ya.
It's an old, well known FACT that majority of the mainstream AAA shit are designed to be disposable garbage, just so that they can sell you the sequel / remaster / rehashed copypasta title next year.

>Now, I only play older single player games (10+ year)
No wonder, but to be perfectly honest, most of the 10yo (aka early 2010s') shit was already the same garbage we have to suffer of these days.

It's only once you go past the magical ~2007 threshold that things start to get actually wild and varied, and anything pre-Y2K is like a colorful alien world of fun.

I could suggest checking out some recent titles like Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Death Stranding and Deep Rock Galactic, just to name some of my recent findings.

Literally a prime example of the tedious, boring and predictable trash of current year.

Attached: 20220313014658_1.jpg (1920x1200, 269.22K)

not reading
quit being a nostalgia filled doomerfag

Only delusional cocksuckers could ever try to claim the modern sorry state of gaming industry to be "better" in any way or form than what we used to have way back.

I gave up on gaming and my life has improved in every single way

Just play what you like and don't force yourself to continue something you don't enjoy. I wasted countless hours on bullshit that I wasn't even having fun with, just to try and complete it. Now, if I'm not feeling a game, I just drop it quickly.

not my problem you have shit taste loser

You are a fucking millenial, god damn is Any Forums so retarded that they can't even use the buzzword that they love to use right?

>loser
Says an underaged kissless virgin shitposting on animu website.

Nah, he's right. Multiplayer games are no longer great once you reach a certain age. Just needless stress that causes you to get frustrated over things like balance, faggots on the enemy team or your own team, and it gets harder to get all the boys together at the same time to even play shit. Even "coop" games are filled with try hards that need to rush through all the content as quickly and efficiently as possible or they have an aneurysm and either cry in chat or leave the group.

People suck, not having to deal with people and chill out and play games how you want to and at your own pace makes them enjoyable again.

>I'm a 32 year old boomer
No millennial actually calls themselves a boomer because our parents are boomers. This is done truly obvious false flag shit. I didn't even read the post but I absolutely know it's something about being over the hill

There were few good games to begin with so there are even fewer now that the good ones are just the next installment in a long running series.

Unironically play 7th gen games. They are amazing. People here will shit on them for irrelevant reasons like "Xbox red ring" or "dlc occurred" like that has any bearing on the games themselves but it was actually a high point in many ways.

7th gen games were mostly the exact same shit we have to deal with these days. 8th and 9th gen just cranked up the bullshit to 11.

the Golden Era was 1995-2005, and ended with PS2 / GC.

Attached: v's best games 1990 to 2006.jpg (2745x3193, 3.39M)

The gaming industry current day is in its worst state since the early 80s. Probably the 3rd worst overall in video game history.

Play Sekiro you creepy cringe boomer

Play stuff like Rimworld, Stellaris, Soulsborne, Don't Starve, Binding of Isaac etc...

Unironically me at 30, I kept opening a game, stare at the menu or play it for 15 minutes before closing it. Decided to just play older games from my childhood and ones I never played, happiness and enjoyment went up.

Attached: v top 2000s games.jpg (9264x4328, 3.75M)

Tl note: sekiro means one armed wolf in the weeb language

Attached: v top 2010s games.jpg (8504x4272, 3.59M)

This has been my experience too, older singleplayer games, but lately kojimbo has stolen my heart too.

>multiplayer garbage
This is the only part of your post that actually matters.
Plenty of new games are great, but no multiplayer games are or have ever been. Multiplayer fundamentally wastes your time.

I think the only modern game I've replayed in recent memory is DQ11. Every modern big budget game is just the same shit nowadays. Why would I wanna keep playing the same type of video game over and over again? I like Open-world games but not every single game being open-world

Stopped reading at Majora's mask

Golden era started with smb3 releasing

I'm 30 and discovered this when I was 22. There are only a handful of new games worth playing every year. Most of the stuff I play is from 360/PS3 generation and earlier. The only multiplayer games I play are Monster Hunter, and 3D fighting games on fightcade. Feels so fucking good not falling for flavour of the month trash and discovering older games. If no new games ever came out, it would not affect me at all.