Is it any good? Are there mods that make it worthwhile?

Is it any good? Are there mods that make it worthwhile?

Attached: 8494496E-66F7-46CE-84F4-CA7048060FEA.jpg (460x215, 28.61K)

Yes, it's a lot of fun. Don't know about mods, but I think there are some.

yes, better with mods. dlc pretty standard quality for today's standards (sub-par but still content)

yes its pretty fun

>new update is going to break all my mods until they update

FUCK. make sure you get the gog version or pirate it.

Fun when you mod the shit out of it.
Doesn't really come close to the highs of MW4 mercs.
Everything Battletech has done a huge backslide since Catalyst took over. Like everyone working on it is allergic to the fun stuff in the setting.

Attached: zog.jpg (512x512, 55.45K)

I’m playing it on xbox without mods and enjoy it, but if you aren’t a mech fan it probably won’t do it for you. On pc there are a shitload of mods that improve the game, there is currently a big clan invasion mod being implemented

The mods that gives it MWO like mech customization is essential. New patch added lot of QoL that was previously in mods. Shame that it only has fugly MWLL clan units in mods.

>Still now MW game with LAMs or Quadvees
>Still no MW game with tripods and quadrupeds
>Frankenmechs get a single mech in a DLC for MW5
>Still no superheavies in any game
>Still no MW game with aerospace fighters (LL is a fucking mod)
>Still no MW game set in the Word of Blake jihad

Attached: peace out.gif (500x281, 1.87M)

this. yet another mech lab or merctech is mandatory

no clan no buy

>Still no MW game with aerospace fighters
If you mean just in the game as enemies then MW3 had them.

Super heavies showed up in Mech Assualt as a boss, but LAMs are unlikely to ever make a re-appearance thanks to early year Fuckery with Fasa and Harmony Gold lawsuits. It’s unlikely even Microsoft or PGI would want to mess with that bugbear anytime soon. My only complaint is that for whatever reason everyone has a hard on for the Succession Wars when the Clan invasion and post invasion period is more interesting.

It's not that everyone is obsessed with the Succession Wars
It's just Weisman

>LAMs are unlikely to ever make a re-appearance thanks to early year Fuckery with Fasa and Harmony Gold lawsuits
If the spider and the hatchetman can come back with redesigns then there's no reason LAMs can't

Is this slow or like armored core?

Didn't have enough dakka for my liking desu

I think a bigger problem is just that LAMs are really hard to do. If you have them you aren't just making a Mechwarrior game, you're making Mechwarrior+Ace Combat with the ability to switch between them whenever the player wants. That's fucking hard to do.

aren't super heavies really shit in lore because of how slow they are?

Yes and that's what makes them fun

definitively.

with either Yet Another ... or Merctech

Attached: 784080_20220528195002_1.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

Attached: 784080_20220525075923_1.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

Attached: 784080_20220525072653_1.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

they're more big ass turrets than standard mechs. dark age has tri-legged superheavies even

Slow.
It's classic lumbering mech battles.

lies
drop a fat XLFE in to replace somethings SFE and you can zoom around.

one of my favourite mechs is the Dragon. a fat XLFE so she zooms along, a stonking great Uac5 on the right arm to continuously pour lead downrange, and flyswat. a pair of medium lasers on the other arm to core damaged sections, headcap or take legs. and a big fat lrm10 in the nose to sandpaper and critseek. all in something 60 tonnes, blasting over all terrain at 80 kph.

Attached: 784080_20220524224326_1.png (1920x1080, 2.98M)