This is fucking pathetic

This is fucking pathetic
pcgamer.com/minecraft-ditched-fireflies-in-the-119-update-so-kids-real-pet-frogs-wont-croak/

Attached: minecraft fireflies.png (809x636, 299.28K)

>We realized if we release a feature like fireflies that are poisonous to frogs and we have frogs eating them, that actually might lead to people killing their real life frogs."
What the fuck...

Make it so if a frog eats a firefly in the game they die.

Kids mimic everything they see, I get why they would do this

What kind of fucked up kid would kill fireflies?

So thoughtful of mojang. Hopefully they get rid of the ability for players to hit their sheep's and chickens so that farm kids don't kill their stock.

Attached: 1654250738478.jpg (828x765, 64.55K)

>Make them feed hot rocks to frogs instead so they poop cool glowing rocks

Attached: 5e99a4fabbfdbd7f64159b2e5eb2afbe.jpg (280x280, 7.27K)

Me on my way to to beat a Chinese panda to death because I did it in minecraft

I fear for the søyification of society

>No fireflies in Minecraft
What has society come to

Attached: 1654656914353.jpg (1200x1196, 112K)

why don't they just make it that the frogs don't eat the fireflies instead of removing them from the game?

>don't kill their stock
They are meant to be4 slaughtered all the same, it hardly makes a difference how old whoever uses the boltgun or axe is.

This is the sort of thing that happens when you have an actual mentally handicapped autist in charge of anything.

small indie studio prease understand

I don't understand. Is he saying Minecraft is making the freaking frogs crave fireflies?? I don't think animals even register images on a screen as real. In that way they're smarter than us.

I used to catch them and smear their ass juice on my arms and legs as a kid. It made your skin low briefly. It was based.

no, my retarded illiterate friend

he is saying that children with frogs as pets may come to the decision to feed their frogs poisonous fireflies because frogs eat non poisonous fireflies in the game

But Notch hasn’t worked on the game in years

You shouldnt be punching a fucking tree

Attached: 1523590592116.png (349x320, 221.17K)

notch isn't a mentally handicapped autist; he sold the game for a billion dollars to microsoft.

Why didn't they just disable the firefly eating code?

The mentioned scenario is specific to such an immense degree that it becomes comical, fuck off dude.

literally two fucking pixels
>can't just copy/paste fireflies and make two pencil marks in MSpaint for regular flies, which frogs do eat
>no, SCRAP THE WHOLE THING
fucking invalids

The dumb thing is the fact that they could've added them anyway and just not have the frogs not eat them, or just add dragonflies or something else.
It's like they are looking for any and all excuses to not add something or to take longer and longer to add the least amount of stuff. I'm honestly surprised Microsoft hasn't fired half of them and hired as many mod makers as possible.

Dude thats like a single line of code. Can't expect Mojang to do all that work now.

>notch isn't a mentally handicapped autist
so this...is the power of ideology.........not bad....

Attached: solid kek.jpg (192x171, 15.13K)

Yeah lets just stop the whole lumber industry that'll end well.

Attached: SharedScreenshot.jpg (1248x705, 125.34K)

>notch isn't a mentally handicapped autist

Attached: lol.png (449x401, 490.09K)

For this scenario a kid would
>Need to play minecraft
>Need to own a pet frog
>Need to be somewhere where there are fireflies
>Need to catch fireflies
>Need to feed it to the frog which may or may not choose to eat it.
I fucking doubt this shit would ever happen.

Tempted to make a mod that adds everything Mojang is too cucked to add
>dolphin drops
>turtle scales from killing turtles
>polar bear drops
>axolotl drops
>fireflies that you can feed to frogs

Any others?

From the way it is worded it seems like the frogs are poisonous in the game too. In which case little psychos that like to kill their pets are going to do that anyway.

It's becoming increasingly clear that Mojang's current staff are either unable to, or unwilling to put in extra effort to add things into the game, and are more than willing to ride on the efforts of modders just to not have to do it themselves.
Remind me again, when did Mojang originally state that they would make a mod API? Ten years ago? Fifteen?

>shears being usable on baby villagers

Then why don't they remove Elytra?
Wouldn't want kids to wrap a blanket around their neck and jump off buildings, would they?

I wish I'm famous on twitter so I can post this as counter argument

Yikes I'm glad Minecraft did the right thing for the frog community