Laugh at SimCity 5 thread

Why aren't we still laughing at this game? Laugh at the tiny cities and always online.

Attached: file.png (1936x1119, 2.96M)

because the game was released long ago and has been since overshadowed by cities skylines and older simcity games?

We should only be laughing harder at it then.
We can't let them try to pull another "SimCity is back :^)" out of the blue some day.

Is this the maximum size of the cities?

Remember when this was releasing and people were upset and EA said "Don't worry guys, we got a hardcore SimCity coming too"

Attached: file.png (300x177, 32.53K)

i doubt they're going to be doing a "simcity is back" sort of thing. ea isn't really one of those companies that likes doing risky moves or moves that won't guarantee a fuck ton of players on the spot, and given that the last simcity bombed, chances are the only sim game we will ever again is another sims game

Laugh at the game that murdered one of my favorite series? No. Curse it.

I still don't understand what the fuck happened. And all you skylines fags still have nothing more than a human plumbing simulator. To date no city builder has even come close to matching the depth and scope of SC4.

Skylines is very flawed but at least it's better than any SimCity made after 4. Full city size in SC5 is the size of one single square of land you start with in Skylines. Also can't ignore how moddable it is, you can unlock every square with that and make it as big as you want, something impossible with fucking SC5 because always online. Which I think they dropped eventually, but day late, dollar short.
SC4 is also the gift that keeps on giving because of mods. What the fuck would they inhibit mods in a city builder game? Not that SC5 was a good base to mod anyway.

Yes. Just look at it and laugh. They tried every excuse in the world saying why it wasn't really as small as it looks or why it had to be small. But just fucking look at it and then look at SC4. Then a couple dykes made a game a year later where the city is ten times that size.

There are niche/indie city building and management games that are quite complex, are you considering all of them?
I could never see the complexity of Sim City 4, for me it's another sandbox of painting maps with your city, but I don't know, I never had the patience to play much either...

Skid Cities had an update this year, so that's not dead, yet.
Sphere – Flying Cities is having recent updates and news, so that's definitely not dead.
Industries of Titan had an update a few hours ago.

That is all from me on shit I'm following.
Would be beautiful if there was a City Builder in Art-Deco-Punk or whatever "Punk" that would be.

Also can't wait for pic related.

Attached: [2022-05-23] 18-22 [Vertical_Kingdom_on_Steam_-_Vivaldi].png (947x489, 590.55K)

Same reason any dev breaks modding, to sell you DLC. There is no other reason

For as shitty as it is I really do love the artstyle this game had.

Paradox games, including Cities Skylines, always have a ton of mods and workshop support though, despite the massive amounts of DLC. I think it's just EA being retarded and ignorant.
They do that with their other games too. Battlefield used to get nice mods like Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat. Now nothing but official servers, here's your shitty scenario editor that no one will play. Unmoddable Battlefield game will die off while a game like DayZ will be played for even more years because of mods.
But I'm going way off topic now.

remember this one?

Attached: SimCity_Societies_Coverart.jpg (220x307, 25.86K)

>When iPhone was brand new you could download SimCity 3000 on it.
>Crashed a lot and drained your battery like hell but it was nearly the full-ass game optimized for touch-controls
>Now that phones are like 10x more powerful you can't get it any more.

>overshadowed by cities skylines
that shit isn't even a game, it's the google sketchup of city builders

Cool conceptually but EA couldn't find a way to make it fun or compelling. Making NPC drone city is only fun the first time.

It's a decent game with flaws. I recognize SC4 is still better but I've been playing that for 20 years now and Skylines isn't a bad game to play for another 20 years.
I just want a Skylines 2. I don't understand why their significantly less popular game got a sequel but then they found big success in Skylines and it gets nothing. Guess Paradox isn't done milking it.

You can play singleplayer and connect your cities although I would prefer they were just one larger city also.
Personally, I liked this one but did hate they took out a good amount of stuff from 4.