Sonic makes an open world game with floating platforms

>sonic makes an open world game with floating platforms
>AHHHHHHHHHH WORST FUCKING SONIC GAME FUCK THIS SHIT
>Mario makes an open world game with floating platforms
>OH GUCK YESUUUUUU MUYANOTO SAN CUM IN ME

The double standards are palpable

Attached: 8F8761DB-0D31-44A7-9D7F-38128C3810B7.jpg (1024x576, 84.09K)

1/10 nonissue

Attached: 1644436253996.jpg (360x507, 43.21K)

The Mario one is actually good. Sonic frontiers is looking to be complete shit. They should have ripped off Bowsers fury, not BotW. Sonic team is retarded and incompetent.

It's like Mario games are good.

>Posts picture with no floating platforms in
Nice

The cat walls and the tower with windmills on it

Mario has always had floating platforms

And Mario is actually good.

Yeah trashing a whole game because some spaghetti in the sky looks a bit silly is stupid. Wait until you see how it actually plays first.

>Mario has always had floating platforms

So has Sonic which is what perplexed me, but NOW in Frontiers it’s a problem?

We see them play it and it looks bad

Why specifically?

>mario's floating platforms are fleshed out constructs that look relatively natural in mario's cartoony setting
>frontiers' floating platforms are out of place thin sheets of metal and railing that look like they were bought from some chinese manufacturer for a shit theme park still under construction

Attached: 1462652264816.png (444x440, 156.86K)

Mario
>stylized world thematic with characters and locations
Sonic
>unreal engine asset store world with unity hardsurface scifi pack #561 placed everywhere

man, no clue why people feel this way...

So your complaints are entirely aesthetic and have nothing to do with how it actually plays?

Because it's set in a generic "real world" environment, except there are platforms and rails haphazardly placed in the sky. It clashes.

It’s about theming an intergration. Mario’s floating platforms feel like they’re apart of the level. Same thing in past Mario games.

No one bats an eye that Sky Rail had rails in the middle of the sky since it feels like a part of the level. The rails in Sonic Frontiers just don’t feel organic.

Attached: 221228C1-9B86-4B7B-9D28-9C44E6B04506.jpg (500x500, 62.2K)

I feel bad for Sonicfags. Thirty years of this fat-Italian bastard living rent free in their heads.

Attached: 1461900562529.png (701x896, 843.02K)

So your main gripe is that between now and release they need to spend some time polishing the graphics?

Combat looks repetitive and boring, looks like a tech demo, puzzles are braindead boring, rail sections are automatic, looks unpolished with embarrassing pop in at a close distance. I could go on.

>Mario combat
>Jump on their head
>BING BING WAHOO

Oh look some autistic Sonic faggot never played bowsers fury

Pretty sure there's lore reasons why the rails look not fitting as well. Might gonna be the excuse that its "vr world" or whatever.

People have changed their minds over to how sonic moves instead.

Personally I think it's hilarious. They went from being able to compete with Mario himself to being a laughing stock of the entire industry.

Sonic is shit mario isnt
simple as

I don't think I've seen one person complain about there being floating platforms from a gameplay perspective, just that it looks dumb. You'd have to be retarded to not be able to recognize that people criticize certain aspects of a game for one reason and other aspects for another. This thread primarily brought up an aesthetic issue.

The thread only brings up the looks. It's entirely superficial and can be polished before release.

>final boss LITERALLY rips off Sonic Adventure
How did they get away with it?

Yeah but what if I'm a sonicfag and a mariofag?

Attached: 1627339501451.jpg (770x996, 134.24K)

Notice how bowsers fury looks and plays really great.
the art style and movement is made by competent designers.
it's not a glitchy mess with pop-in everywhere and horrible animations.

Sonic fans are known to be faggots

No they need to take everything they've made throw it into the fucking trash and commit company wide sudoku.

Attached: zatchbell tamers12345.png (1320x747, 721.33K)

More like they need to ignore histrionic nintendo fanboys who literally just don't want to like the game.

Brother have you SEEN how Frontier plays?

Some clips. I've seen nothing inherently awful.

They would need to revise the entire art style. And even then, the game doesn't look fun. Have we seen any actual platforming that wasn't launching from springs to rails, to springs to rails?

>between now and release
lol they have no fucking time. They only have like 4 months until they have to start printing and most of that is going to be bug testing. they can't redesign and fix all the environments let alone the garbage movement, physics, more basic programming or animations.

Bowser's Fury wasn't pretending to be BotW.

sonic apologist