Should I buy it while its on sale? I only really know of the franchise because of the rad music

Should I buy it while its on sale? I only really know of the franchise because of the rad music.

Attached: command_conquer_remastered_collection_origin__11228.jpg (1500x1500, 186.27K)

It's a great game if you have attention span to learn RTS. It's a very simple RTS though

Good game. Granted, I got into RTS and specifically the C&C series thanks to Generals, but I still enjoy it.
It's also finally a good thing EA did.

Yeah it's good

Yes. I played the original back in 1995 and it was great (but hard). The remaster sets the standard for remasters, played it again and it was still good/fun.

>The remaster sets the standard for remasters
not with that fucking file bloat it doesn't.

What's it on sale on?

steam

No because it requires installing Origin and it's honestly less painful to die than install a second storefront.

Thanks

2 flaws that hasn't been patched yet afaik.
-When you select 1 of 2 missions, you can't cancel the selection and opt for the other mission, unless you quit and go to the main menu and re-enter the mission selection. This ia bad because some if the missions are wildly different.

- When you save your game, you have to constantly write whatever long savefile you choose. If can't overwrite an old savefile and save you the trouble of writing fown the name of the save file.

- Third one... this isn't really a flaw.
But the Hard difficulty is REALLY hard. Especially on missions where you can't build base and you don't get reinforcements.
If you play NOD just a long GDI grenadier can wreck 4-10 of your soldiers. It's really unbalanced. You're menat to play on normal difficulty.

>But the Hard difficulty is REALLY hard. Especially on missions where you can't build base and you don't get reinforcements.
The reason why I'm bitching about this is because you have to pretty much abuse the shortcomings of the a.i. just to survive the difficulty.
Attack the grenadier with a buggy, drive away past your friendlies, the opponent grenadier will walk past your friendlies until they kill him.

It's an exploit of the a.i., but it's the only real way you can clear Hard difficulty.

Hard wasn't actual normal back then, it's supposed to be a ballbuster.

WHERE IS GENERALS GOD DAMN IT?!!

Attached: 20165161561.png (291x300, 16.26K)

Are the difficulty settings true to the original is or Hard a new addition?
I played them all decades ago but I can't remember there being a difficulty setting but that could just be coz it was so long ago. I'm considering trying the remaster but I might just pirate the originals instead for the true experience

Attached: 1630882725194.jpg (600x790, 61.94K)

Does hard difficulty have like infinite money or something? I destroyed everything but the main base or whatever that building is called but they could just shit out new buildings with no stop. (in story mode)

>Hard a new addition?
Yes.

>for the true experience
The remaster has a legacy mode for old graphics, so you're not really gaining anything by playing the old version.

>But the Hard difficulty is REALLY hard.

its was the same difficulty back in 1995. Tiberian Dawn is very much a save scum game. They really do expect you to have a bunch of bad starts.

Attached: 1644574476572.png (1280x720, 634.99K)

>they could just shit out new buildings with no stop. (in story mode)
That doesn't really happen in Hard.
If you harass and kill the computer's harvester, he's fucked permanently. And there is no way to recover.
One of the few strategies that works.

>The remaster has a legacy mode for old graphics, so you're not really gaining anything by playing the old version.
Oh cool, thanks. So it's a completely 1-1 remaster? If so that's a rare thing and very cool

i bought it last week, it doesn't require origin

Or no wait now I remember how it was. I remember complaining about this before too. The thing was that the AI would start building something (really fast) and then always sell the building right before it was about to get destroyed. BUT in hard they actually gain enough (and MORE) money to just build the same building fucking again. So if I kept doing this eventually they could buld the whole base again from nothing.

the AI always cheats and can rebuild buildings anywhere and also gets like 3x cash from all their harvesters, so by the time you even build an army they have a million in storage and can instantly rebuild their shit.

But yes the game is basically designed to be cheesed, actual fair mission objectives with reasonable mission design didnt happen until Starcraft came 3 years later.