Nintendo wanted to make an example out of Gary Bowser

>A lawyer for the Department of Justice told a judge that the man sentenced to pay $4.5 million to Nintendo in a piracy case would be resigned to a "socially isolated and financially destitute" life.

>Gary Bowser was treated by some as a funny headline, because a man named Bowser worked with the most prominent Nintendo Switch piracy crew and ultimately became the defendant in a criminal case. However, the reality of his case, and of his 40 month sentence, is anything but. A newly released court transcript, first reported by Axios, shows that Nintendo and the DOJ sought to harshly punish Bowser to make an "example" of him and an unwilling symbol of our punitive, carceral approach to piracy.

>The recently released court transcripts paint an unflattering picture of Nintendo of America as insecure and unnecessarily punitive. Patel goes as far as to acknowledge the fact that they are not only inflicting a three year prison sentence upon him, but that following his release, "he will be socially isolated and financially destitute." A situation that the DOJ admits is "very similar to [his situation] when he initially was introduced to Team Xecuter."

UMMMM TENDIES? CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU SUPPORT THOS DYSTOPIAN MEGACORP???

Attached: 4ed78855a9046f06ea6a7fcc13135de6.jpg (394x516, 23.33K)

Absolutely brutal and inexcusable

>send a message
>one pirate/modder striked Nintendo with so much fear of losing sales they made a new model
So much for that

They ruined the poor man's life, these cunts are basically saying they will do everything in their power to try to ruin your life if you dare to touch their shitty hardware

>Noooo you can't be punished for misbehaving save me obama!
???

how do Nintendo's boots taste

>Noooooo you have to give me free stuff!!!
Communism doesn’t work trannies

Punishment must be fair to the crime in order to be just.

B-B-B-BASED

Attached: 1606945719178.jpg (2092x1536, 625.38K)

This. Cope.

Why would I care about some pirate getting btfo? He shouldnt have been selling shit.

Lol, get fucked. Nintendo continues to be based

Cope and seethe

I'm still using Yuzu. And ain't nothing Nintendo can do about it

>buy a piece of hardware
>you aren't allowed to modify it
What does this have to do with communism.

3 years in prison is fair

>Bowser is the name of the iconic Mario series villain character
>Bowser is the name of the guy that currently serves as president of Nintendo of America
>Bowser is the name of the guy who was legally punished into paying $4.5 Million and serve three years in prison for Nintendo Switch piracy
>Bowser is a pump or tankard used to dispense fuel and other liquids
What did Nintendo mean by this?

Attached: 1555126086219.png (1070x990, 273.7K)

Based.

Fuck poorfags and fuck pirates.

Did you buy those games that you pirated? You only bought the console.

>Buy hardware
>Legally can't mod it
>Even though I fucking paid for it to begin with
Fuck off Nintendo Simps it's my fucking console and I'll mod it however I please

chink companies are not your friend, always remember that. keep pirating

You have worship thread up already?
How many do you need?

I don't know, you should ask Bowser.

b-but I was told piracy wasn't a real crime!

>no, much $65 gorillian dollars in sales were lost!!
Pathetic

You’re not entitled to free games by Nintendo

>purchase a car
>tune the car
>Car company comes out of forest to break your legs
If you purchase a hardware, its yours, crack it, break it, modify it, you own it.

>guy who took other people's shit and made you pay for it and if you pirated it it'd brick your system (the irony)
>nooo this poor baby! he dindu nuffin!
lmao

Attached: gokun.jpg (633x651, 24.83K)

>Mmmm sir. I like the boot. Can I lick some more?

you're not entitled to sell.

Resetera is absolutely seething over this, they want to cancel Nintendo now

why do you guys unironically defend this shit? want to you gain from defending million dollar companies from criticism from strangers online. aren’t we supposed to work together and stick it to the big man?

You people are defending billion dollar corporations who don't get money out of this, it's just to send a message like mob bosses do.

>Any Forums: Hates niggers
>also Any Forums: Defends nigger behavior

>cancel Nintendo
HA

I think all major companies should crack down more in piracy. More DRM, more brutalizing criminals and more work into making it hard to copy and distribute ROMs. The saltier pirates get, the happier I am.

The law does not exist to "set examples" holy fuck

Isn't that the whole idea behind deterrence theory though?

The fuck you talking about Any Forums was always pro-piracy.
Only recently did some switch fags decide to bootlick.
Even the 3ds and other systems people freely talked about pirating.

Maybe stop stealing shit that isn't yours nigger

I legitimately don't give a fuck about the fate of some loser making a living from stolen intellectual property. I don't give a fuck about most people, why should I start now malding reseterannies?

Any Forums is literally the only board that genuinely has people against piracy

Any Forums doesnt have it
Any Forums doesn't have it
Any Forums doesn't have it
/lit/ doesn't have it

and so on

Think twice before you pirate that game bro...

Why are you entitled to assume that you would have made a $60 mil profit has your games not been pirated?

SO LONG GARY BOWSER

Make me faggot.

Nintendo of (((America))) =/= Nintendo of Japan

Maybe if games were good and reasonably priced we wouldn’t stoop so low

Where do you people come from?
I'm partly convinced you're bots.
In threads about Nintendo games you never show up even when they talk about piracy or other shit you clearly hate.
Only shit like this do you ever show up.
I'm convinced you make up these threads too.