Zelda

How do pre-BOTW Zelda fans feel about the fact that the franchise would have faded into irrelevancy if it wasn't for BOTW? It was already a whatever series only really talked about in Nintendo fandoms by the the time Skyward Sword released with Skyrim and future games like the Witcher overshadowing it.

Attached: Lank.png (1400x700, 1.04M)

Skyward Sword was the exception, not the norm. Everyone knew Zelda U would rebound the franchise to TP levels.

>How do pre-BOTW Zelda fans feel about the fact that the franchise would have faded into irrelevancy if it wasn't for BOTW?
I don't give a fuck about that, only deranged faggots care about how popular their favorite franchise is for validation. Zelda was just fine and it's worse off now. Before we were getting completely unique, 20-30 hour Zelda games with great variety and minimal filler, every 3-4 years. Now we have to wait 5 to 6 years for games that feel like a tech demo. Every first party IP sells gangbusters on Switch, Zelda would have sold over 10 million with or without its open world.

Attached: Link squint.png (222x230, 97.03K)

BOTW is not a Zelda game. It merely has a Zelda-like skin

You must legitimately be like 10 years old.
Zelda was already a huge deal. BotW was only so successful because it was a Zelda game (and a launch title), if it was "New Open World IP" it would have had half the sales or less.

>How do pre-BOTW Zelda fans feel about the fact that the franchise would have faded into irrelevancy if it wasn't for BOTW?
You're legitimately delusional if you believe this

Attached: loz_malon_botw_style_by_dan_heron_dbj1nf4.jpg (625x868, 191.95K)

Nah Zelda was fine as it was. BOTW is awesome, but I miss the side games like spirit tracks and a link between worlds. LA and AOC are great, but they don't exactly scratch the itch for more Zelda

God, I fucking love curvy women. I have one and it is heaven.
The problem has nothing to do with Zelda and everything to do with the Switch. It's a money printer and Nintendo just dropped their entire handheld division so we literally get half as many games as we used to. That plys Zelda getting only remakes means there's been no new content.
BotW is good and fun but the series is lacking a 2D/traditional entry we WOULD have gotten by now if it wasn't for the Switch (and rona).

smug_zelda.png

WW to TP was 4 years. TP to SS was 5, and those were for standard definition linear game, of course it takes longer now. And minimal filler? Be reasonable, even before BOTW 3D Zelda games have always had a ton of filler.

The real blow is the lack of side games in between main releases. It would help if Grezzo developed their own original 2D Zelda games instead of just remastering/remaking old ones.

>being a fan of a franchise instead of the individual games

It just sucks that we will likely never have a game like OoT/MM again.

BotW was okay, but I'll never replay it.

At least there's always the PC port

Skyward sword was dogshit but that was the exception. Twilight princess was a huge deal and extremely popular.

>BOTW is not a Zelda game. It merely has a Zelda-like skin

Zoomer detected

Attached: 16b421b462ae9308ea302c08d8f6d5a7.jpg (768x927, 95.63K)

Skyward Sword was fine. It sold poorly because it was late in the Wii's lifespan and people were done with waggle controls

>sKyWaRd SwOrD wAs DoGsHiT

>Best dungeons in the series with the best themes
>Best story in the series
>Best combat in the series by 100 fucking times vs "hit A. Hit A. Hit A."

Sorry you open world faggots can't tolerate linear gameplay and if you "see dat mountain, ya gotta climb it" to nothing.

what I wanted
>dungeon crawling
>dense world
>themes and motfis similar to N64 zelda
>lots of enemies

what I got
no dungeons
empty world and korok seeds
no story, no atmosphere and no interesting npcs
half dozen enemies with only lynels being difficult to fight

Attached: 26bdec6d28bd3c930f6f061bc77d47977d961f18.png (700x700, 456.73K)

its the worst zelda game
>IT CHANGED THE FORMULA!!!
ok and how does turning Zelda into the same globohomo "game" we've been getting for two decades a better alternative?
>LOOK AT THIS ART ITS TOTALLY ZELDA 1
retard

>music was shit
>story was shit
>combat was shit
just go play a sonic game if you want some goofy shitty linear wannabe play former

Hyrule Castle was the only good location in BotW. It's the only area that explicitly feels like a Zelda franchise dungeon. There's music, there's better enemy placement and usage, there's actual interior areas to explore, there's small puzzles and multiple routes about the place and some hidden areas.

Attached: BotW_Hyrule_Castle_Close_Up.png (1280x720, 828.02K)

>story was shit
The game had the best characters and best character development.

The combat was actually fun and was a puzzle in many instances. It wasn't just lock on and spam the A button until the target is dead. I don' know what combat in Zelda you're comparing it to, but you're wrong. Like everyone else who memed the shit out of the game.

>WW to TP was 4 years. TP to SS was 5, and those were for standard definition linear game, of course it takes longer now. And minimal filler? Be reasonable, even before BOTW 3D Zelda games have always had a ton of filler.
>The real blow is the lack of side games in between main releases. It would help if Grezzo developed their own original 2D Zelda games instead of just remastering/remaking old ones.
This. I'm still holding out hope for a OoA/OoS combined remaster using the Link's Awakening remake engine that finishes the envisioned "linked game" trilogy with the final unreleased Mystical Seed of Courage as unlocked content.

Attached: 5jg6tae75xw71.png (640x979, 372.57K)