Go to Gamestop

>Go to Gamestop
>Ask for job
>Get job
>They want me to do work
>Instead I shut down their store and make people lose their jobs

Fucking Gamestop!

Attached: Screenshot_20220607-124336_Twitter.jpg (1046x1154, 573.49K)

>Spend money at an establishment that respects it's employees

wheres that?

Not in US apparently

What a fucking generation

Walk out if asked to work
Walk out if higher-ups don't express support for your politics

They know they have to compete with immigrants, right?

Somewhere in europe.

>They know they have to compete with immigrants, right?
You mean the diseased caravans that are being turned away at the southern border?
While entitled landwhales demand white english speaking people manning their stores, and the US is the shittiest white english speaking country, these employees can't be replaced

Attached: 1653849761494.gif (390x271, 2M)

Do people still go to these stores anymore? How come they didn't die like Blockbuster did back in the day?

probably got tired of all the fifa niggers

Immigrants are the reason wages are so low in the first place.

As always, shit got ruined by Reddit.

>an establishment that respects it's employees
>it's
That instantly tells me what I need to know and who to side with.

>i can't read: the post
how are employees hired 3 months ago supposed to meet sales goals 6 months ago, user

>nu/v/ is so contrarian now to defend fucking gamestop
I was laughed at when I said nu/v/ was real, now who's laughing.

Any Forums is full of corporate cocksuckers now

There's a marked difference between being asked to work, and being treated as little more than a slave between long hours with no respect to personal time or responsibilities, and constantly yelled at for even the most minor thing. Often acting alone because the company just can't spare the hours for anyone else to help out at the store!

Oh, and let's not mention rising rent and food costs causing wages up to 20 and hour ending up as poverty wages.

I recently walked into a Gamestop for the first time in like 5 years and it was just pathetic
At least 50% of the store taken up by shitty sub-Hot Topic tier merch
Zero games for older platforms (I was looking for 3DS games specifically)
All the games weren't even priced the same as on their website
Nothing but your normalcore greatest hits for each console

I turned 360 degrees and walked away, their website is an absolute joke as well but at least you can get some decent deals there

>alot
is far more egregious.

sorry racist chud, these people are here to FIX YOUR SHIT!

Attached: 1649108626428.jpg (3000x1800, 1.25M)

the only people that shop at gamestop are giga normies. I'm talking about spics and niggers that buy fifa, cod, 2k, madden. maybe the occasional parent looking to buy a nintendo game. that's about it.

>Lincoln, NE
Hey, look ma! My city's in the news! I can attest personally, all those other second-hand stores are better that any Gamestop.

I'm of two minds about this.

I'm all for workers putting their foot down and making demands, that's based. But I swear to God if this was over woke politics.

>alot
proofreading is important

My city for some reason hires a bunch of women for the stores so i go visit them

Reddit brought them back to life in a collective act of retardation because they're entirely convinced Gamestop is gonna make each and every one of them individually millionaires.

He won't know or care if it doesn't support the narrative he's set out. Odd how a board that prides itself on NEETdom is so quick to rally for the corporations

Clearly just lazy fucks. Not doing the job months before you where hired to do the job is a poor excuse.

It specifically states in the photo why they left.

>Employees don't allow themselves to get stepped on
Sounds good to me

if an unskilled immigrant took your job, he deserves it over you kek

>3DS games specifically
3ds isn't old, its ancient.
Thats like if you went into a Gamestop back in 2000 and expected them to have NES games

>But I swear to God if this was over woke politics.
Can you not fucking read?

The original logic behind the gamestop rush was solid, and a lot of people made a shitload of money, and the logic of it had zero to do with Gamestop's business model
The people who continue to hold now are retards though.

digital sales basically killed these physical game stores. even when they try to sell you a ps5 or xbox, they strongly try to persuade you to buy the disc models. not because they're more expensive but because you'll be back for physical games because selling gift cards isnt profitable vs selling used discs.

Some family owned ethnic restaurant

>if this was over woke politics.
do chuds wake up in the morning and actively seek out things to seethe over?

>Woke faggot can't read
As expected of a braindead retard.

>Get job
>Enjoy it
>Go above and beyond at work
>Get ass kissed by management for months/years
>Suddenly higher-ups are coming down on us and they either treat us all like shit or supervisor turns into a dick because they lit a fire under his ass
>Apply to new job because you won't take disrespect
>Leave for new job with more pay
It's really not that complicated. Found a better one each time. Although one of the times I quit was because they were pushing all this BLM shit and wanted us to install cameras in our own homes while we worked remotely

Funcoland in 2000 had NES and SNES games

Sorry about that one lads. I got too used to faggot OP's not actually providing context in the image.

nigga what the fuck?
>overworked
AT GAMESTOP?
just stand behind a desk for 8 hours and stack some shelves. holy shit.

If they have to compete with immigrants, then why is there a worker shortage in the first place?

Attached: 1650070812451.png (681x496, 309.91K)

24 years vs 9ish and switch isn't exactly the replacement nintendo handheld. CEX still has a 3ds wall seperate from it's usual retro stuff.

>it's employees

>and a lot of people made a shitload of money
Proofs?

Nice to see that Microsoft's scheme with GameStop to sell Xbricks is working so well.

Why are you people pretending that being overworked doesn't exist

That’s what happens when you make rightoids feel welcome

Wait shit, should be 14 years.

>ITT zoomers larping as boomers larping as company boot lickers

At the 3 locally owned game stores they listed for you

they probably laid off some employes and put all the work on 2 niggas in a packed mall.

You see the problem as young people demanding better working conditions and making employers bend the knee, all I see is they need to cut down on immigration to make it easier to being those fucking boomers to heel.

NOOOO WHY DONT PEOPLE WAGE SLAVE FOR OUR BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY THAT FIRES PEOPLE WHO DONT GET ENOUGH PRE ORDERS

>Woke faggot
Apparently you can't read either.

The US isn't white, dumbass.

Why is it that corporate cockgobblers can never read?

Because heaven forbid that zoomers get their way just this once

>Walk out if asked to work
Every job I had I’ve had cursed out my manager because they are power tripping niggers. They expect you to go above and beyond without additional pay and get butthurt if you don’t shine their shoes when they tell you. I got employee of the quarter 3 times and got employee of the year that year my first year on the job and my manager told me at a review that he would like to see me be more initiative. When I put in my two weeks he tried to give me more pay lol. Fuck you and managers Jewish boomer faggot

but why? why can't we just have one job where we're treated fairly? do you really enjoy this constant cycle of shit? is this really what you want to still be doing when you're 40-50 years old? getting abused and forced to find a new place to work?

die zoomer

Attached: gamestop2000.jpg (895x570, 73.77K)

people working at gamestop are not "being overworked"

Most people here are zoomers living with their parents who have never worked a day in their life.

>respect it's employees

its overwork if you have to deal with niggers in any capacity

Really easy to pick out who still lives with mommy in these kinds of threads. We are living through the biggest recession in the history of mankind currently, and people are fed up with bootlicking. Sorry that your average Joe doesn't want to get yelled at over the phone by Fatlus retards complaining that they didn't get their exclusive curry bib in their limited edition copy of Lolicon Rape Festival while making 12 an hour, when his rent is 1200 a month for a studio apartment.

>hurr durr live in a flyover state where you can rent a termite infested 4 bedroom home for 200 a month
>hurr durr live in the middle of nowhere and just get Hughes Net for your internet and disable your phone and cancel anything that isn't gas and water utilities
>hurr durr should have gone and done a trade so you can die in the line of work as a linesman or get bitten by rabid raccoons in ducts all day working HVAC
>hurr durr gas prices are not related to who's in office and the banks and rich people certainly are not buying up properties and homes to inflate the prices, it's all in your head CIA psyop boogieman!!!

I fucking hate this board.

Attached: 1653583747333.webm (512x512, 1.11M)

how do you achieve sales as a cashier? it's not your fucking job to market stuff, your only job is to fill shelves and cash in products etc.
you are not supposed to do the marketing, it can even get you into trouble to fuck with the brand.
lmao

Gamestop used to have GBA games in the DS era, fuck off zoomer

Oh no I have to stand behind a counter! I'M GOING INSANE AAAAA HELP ME BERNIE

My GameStop had PS2 games well into the eight generation

Reminder that GameStop destroyed its huge collection of retro consoles and games in the past

They did, actually. Usually in big bins for cheap. I bought a copy of Bad Fur Day for $12.

who the fuck buys from gamestop tho lol all their shit is over the fuck expensive. want to buy a used game and its like $5 off new price. why bother?

Walking out of a job because of your own personal principles is one of the most based things you can do. It makes bosses and wagies seethe.

>do chuds wake up in the morning and actively seek out things to seethe over?
You know very well that they do

still very based thing to do

>overworked
>sitting behind a counter all day
Lmao

THIS is the kind of person who "debates" you about politics on Any Forums, can't even read the fucking topic of the thread

I remember they had PS2 games on shelves up until 2012.

You lot like to call managers jewish but i think you sound jewish because you're demanding more money, more benefits, less work. Fucking greedy slimy jew employees.

Gamestop was massively undervalued as a stock because at the very least the company owns the valuable real estate that its retail stores stand on. Even if you assume physical video games are going to fail to the point that GameStop are forced to liquidate their entire inventory for a net value of 0$, the fact that they can sell the storefronts to Olive Garden or Starbucks or whoever the fuck wants them means they would have enough net worth to be a roughly 20$ stock instead of the 10$ they were selling at.

Reddit took that and ran with it as reddit does.

>Accept job
>Get little to no training at $14/hr
>"btw you have to do six months of work in three months despite having little to no experience"
>"This generation, they don't want to work that's the only problem, they should be grateful we don't replace them with spics!"
You sound incredibly entitled, like you've never had a shitty job because of nepotism lifting you to the top.

Attached: 1615076832484m.jpg (576x1024, 59.3K)

GameStop is a shit store to work for. Don’t like it? Don’t work there. Sure by quitting all at the same time they fucked the store over big time. Either they change, or die. Zoomers seem extra entitled. Retail are shit and will always be shit. Get your experience like I did then get an office job. 3 days remote and 2 days in office.

Why should I care about one specific GameStop in God knows where?

Attached: 1654384010202.jpg (256x256, 24.45K)

GameStop makes its employees meet a quota for pre orders, insurance, etc or they get fired

>Instead of getting fired for failing we're just going to leave!
Well...that'll show them I guess?

If nobody is willing to do the work for that wage, then by the rules of the free market it is too much work. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Why is always only men? Where are the women and children?

just get a better job bro.

>do you really enjoy this constant cycle of shit? is this really what you want to still be doing when you're 40-50 years old? getting abused and forced to find a new place to work?
Not really, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't get mad, I get even. Everytime I've left I've been asked to come back and tell them to fuck off. My new job has been going well for about a year now with the exception of my supervisor being a cranky faggot but we just tell him to quit being a crybaby all the time. If he or corporate crosses the line I can find any other job

Nah, I was just being retarded and assumed OP image was as worthless for the story as they usually are.

It is. Europe isn't.

Hippie journos think reporting this will kickstart LE HECKIN WORKER'S REVOLUTION at Gamestops across the nation.

Fuck retail. I had to work 8 hours dealing with absolute ghetto trash. I almost got shot at one point.

it's a cashier+marketing job at the same time yet you're paid minimum wage. that's why gamestop is shit. you do 2 jobs for the pay of 1.

After working in walmart for years, I know how much of a cunt district managers can be. They show up for 20 mins, nitpick every little fucking thing, then leave.At least we didn't have sale quotas.

so you have to go outside of the shop and deal games to the kids on the streets if people dont come?

So they are entitled for doing what you say they should be doing. This is what happens when retards like you get spoonfed everything while thinking you ever had it hard.

When they started dumping out sixth gen games I bought all the PS2 games I could
A lot were in good condition too, complete with original cases and manuals

To be fair, the DS natively ran GBA games.

You don't even have to be a lefty to be pissed about this shit anymore. It's outrageous.

>you do 2 jobs for the pay of 1
Oh boo-hoo, I do like 10 jobs for the pay of 0.5

The type of people to do this sort of performative act aren't the type to do the third thing you listed, so your point is moot

>type up phony sign
>go to a random gamestop
>put up sign and take a picture
>take it down and leave
>post on reddit for clout
>now everyone thinks gamestop is the badguy
not even defending gamestop but you know this shit is fake.

zoomer absolutely btfo

Attached: 1637742496502.png (455x396, 154.73K)

If GameStop, or literally any retailer, would actually put some effort into retro gaming, you could buy some pretty neat old stuff in them. Wish we had something like Bookoff in the west, cause damn they're great in that.

Attached: GloriousJapaneseSecondhandWare.png (1152x2048, 3.89M)

Any Forums loves to larp as the grizzled old boomer that worked in coal mines for 12 hours a day when in reality most of them love the prospect of being neets and someone with dyed hair complained about working too much in a bloomberg article so Any Forums, in it's typical contrarian fashion, immediately goes into "I hate zoomer SJW's and I will gladly suck corporate cock and let them treat me like shit to own the libs" mode. It's really sad

>this generation doesn't want to work for less than a livable wage
>what entitled zoomers, back in my day I could work 8 hours a day as a cashier and I could afford both a car and a brand new house and still have money leftover
>fucking entitled children

Sorry but you can't fool me. I live in the US and have been outside.

is he a vampire?

Attached: 1654624549012.jpg (135x141, 6K)

I'm wondering what they meant by "good" stores. I do not trust modern companies, and it seems sketchy. Not only that, I want GameStop to stay alive to fight against online only sales

Indirectly. Upsell a gamestop sub, a second (used) game for $5 off, mention how much their kid would like a funko pop or a pokemon card booster pack, etc.

I missed the part where a gun was held to these employees heads to they were told to keep working. If they don't like the working conditions fucking quit and get a better job. If that isn't an option, look inward.

This doesn't make you look tough, it makes you look retarded.

>Get job
Sure.
>Enjoy it
You lost me.

that sounds pathetic user, you should really value yourself more

>9 years is ancient
No, 9 years is blink and you missed it, sub human commie core zigger. Obama ruined you guys.

>minimum wage retail in Nebraska

$14 an hour is being generous.

i got that 007 ps2 game from a gamestop so i could hack my ps2 with freemcboot doing the swaptrick lol. i also snagged a bunch of gamecube games, managed to get skies of arcadia legends for like $20 now it goes for over $100.

That is literally what they did though lmao

Boomers sold us out to foreign interests and then pulled the ladder up with them as they succeeded. You can absolutely make it on your own in America today, however they've made it increasingly difficult to start from scratch.

gamestop doesn't own their storefronts, they rent them. no company does that aside from big box places like macy's and freestanding ones like mcdonalds. there's not a lot of freestanding gamestops.

Based. More employees need to do this. All the bootlickers ITT have probably never worked a day in their lives. Trying to get better working conditions is just business unless you're braindead.

Attached: 1641476368412.jpg (1024x853, 107.46K)

But that is exactly what they did. How fucking stupid are you?

I stopped count after finding 3 errors in the writing. Store clerks are supposed to know basic writing but apparently elementary school ain't important today.

Well I live in Europe and I can assure you it isn't white either

>NES games
>bad fur day
retard

>Gamestop used to have GBA games in the DS era
only because the DS has an actual GBA slot

glad i'm on welfare, i earn more than minimum wage. it's a hard decision but you have to follow the money in a free market.

>fucking quit and get a better job
...that's what they did and you're seething over it

Absurdly based employees, way too good for gamestop

I really am a retard, I knew the flaws of this job for the whole year and a half I've been working there
Yeah I am actually quitting soon

This isn't the own you think it is retard, you are being exploited by jewberg goldstein and smiling about it, it's pathetic. I bet they could convince you to work for free

Fuck off retard I worked my ass off unloading and loading trucks at Best Buy for $11 an hour. Last time I checked they pay them $25 an hour and that was only 4 years ago. Now I’m salary making over triple that. Work your way up instead of being a stagnant loser. Anyone that makes a shit retail job their career is retarded. Strive for better and leave if you don’t like it.

and you accept that why?

There's a few Book-Offs in California and they're divine.

Post your college degree and what you're doing now for a living

Film student / video editor for big government

>just stand behind a desk for 8 hours and stack some shelves.
"Hi welcome to Gamestop. Did you find everything you were looking for? Are you interested in our Gamestop membership? Are you interested in an insurance plan for this product? Are you interested in preordering anything? Would you like to subscribe to our Game Informer magazine? Are you interested in this bundle? Gift card? Collectible?"
They don't ask these questions because they're bored, user. Management MAKES them ask these questions all the time. If they try to be the "cool" Gamestop employee and spare you the tedious questions for shit you don't want, they get in trouble with management for not making quota. Their record suffers and they end up getting fired. The job isn't hard on a technical level, but it sucks your soul even harder than a cubicle cuck job. At least cubicle cucks make decent money and don't have to deal with angry customers.

>work at a call center where i get yelled at by boomers who are on the verge of dying
>endure it since i get paid relatively well and get the last three hours "free" as i listen to calls and help sell shit
>have gotten absolutely ass raped in the surveys since the first time i joined two years ago, they're now threatening me to return me to the office
>have barely any sales this month so far too which affects my pay
it all came crashing down hard and i want to die

Attached: small.png (900x900, 84.73K)

You living in some shithole ghetto doesn't mean everywhere is like that.

>leave if you don’t like it.
That's what they did though

>The original logic behind the gamestop rush was solid, and a lot of people made a shitload of money
It was a pump and dump scheme capitalizing on people being retarded and the idea that "a lot of people made a shitload of money" was part of the scam.

no one is seething about it
working at gamestop is a shit job but you're not being "overworked" you fucking baby

There's a number of mall chains that deal in retro gaming, there just arent any large national chains with the reach of gamestop. If you check out comic and trading card shops in your area you'll also find that a number of them also have retro gaming.

thing :|
japanese thing :O

>doesn't mean everywhere is like that.
Except it is lmao

i was in this exact position in my last job, customer service nonetheless, i told them to go fuck themselves after a month in being there with little to no training and with no one to supervise me after 2 weeks

Physics major, now working in a call center

Kike detected

>Hire people for 40 hours a week
>Expect them to do 60
>They refuse
>"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW fucking zoomers don't even have any work ethic anymore!!"

If Gamestop wants sales they should let people return new games, its ridiculous they are allowed to just not take returns in the US

Why WOULDNT I buy it at Walmart or Amazon

>You lost me.
The work itself I enjoy, it's the the occasional corporate idiot or asshole in a bad mood constantly that makes people want to leave in my experience.
Well obvously not all of them, but it's not only lazy people that do this sort of thing. Most workers are treated disrespectfully regardless if they're actually great employees or should be fired.

>leave if you don’t like it
You mean like these guys did. Yet you are seething hard about it.

Generic Computer Bachelors
Unemployed